Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 92001 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Time Drags On...
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2018, 11:38:17 pm »

I am disappoint, mushroom man.

So much so I must sleep in disgust.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 29, 2018, 01:55:37 am »

So who is being the victim for the first hanging?
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 29, 2018, 04:01:24 am »

You, if you keep lurking. You need to contribute actively, especially if you have a "scary" role.

Speaking of contributing, here are my revised reads:
  • hector13: Neutral. Scumhunting, but not as actively as I'd expect, and gut says something is off.
  • Starver: Slight scum. Unwilling to scumhunt.
  • blueturtle1134: Town. Active scumhunting.
  • TricMagic: Slight town. Though they talk scummily, their most obvious acts speak louder than words and strike me as townish.
  • IcyTea31: Myself.
  • BlackHeartKabal: Slight scum. Quick to go for a policy lynch over a better-informed one.
  • juicebox: Scum. Accusing others but not following up on it, then only posting to defend themself with little actual content.
  • MoonyTheHuman: Null. Insufficient data.
  • mightymushroom: Town. Active scumhunting, logical play.
  • darkwarlock3: Null. Insufficient data, though the "scary" role intrigues me.
  • Maximum Spin: Town. Active scumhunting, though gut says there's a twist.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 29, 2018, 05:56:29 am »

See, my logic was that out-of-band communication is bad, but keeping that out-of-band communication to myself would be even worse. If I share it with everyone it just becomes a public post, but if it's restricted to people using Discord it's basically an out of game Neighborhood. I told Dark to stop talking out of thread a few seconds after this.

I ran this line of thought past Fallacy, and he said it's OK as long as I quote exactly from Discord.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 29, 2018, 06:46:44 am »

Right, not much.

As Miller, I am a policy lynch at some point. And keeping it to myself simply boosts the chance of that.

At least Darkwarlock posted. You get 1 night Warlock, better start posting day 2.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Evil's Afoot!
« Reply #230 on: June 29, 2018, 06:50:25 am »

Moony:
I'm going to sit back and watch for now. Lets see where this goes.

Sitting back and watching isn't a good idea, you should ask people questions, try to generate some content, maybe get some reads.

From what i've seen, everyone else is doing exactly that. I don't see a reason to add extra content to the pot when i have all i need.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 29, 2018, 06:56:36 am »

What do you need it for?

What do you think we need from you?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #232 on: June 29, 2018, 07:05:13 am »

What do you need it for?

Talking to me? Need what for?
As for what you'd need from me, nothing. You could continue on without any issues without what i'm gathering up.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 29, 2018, 07:21:26 am »

What do you need it for?

Talking to me? Need what for?
As for what you'd need from me, nothing. You could continue on without any issues without what i'm gathering up.
There is an issue with this statement. Gathering info without giving any in return leaves you without trust. And Trust is a valuable resource in Mafia.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 29, 2018, 07:38:36 am »

We do need you to talk and be active, so that you're not a blank spot in our read list. The more complete our knowledge is, the easier it is to find and pull the mafiosi's threads.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 29, 2018, 07:42:33 am »

Just to be sure that you're not just going to drop out of the day's discussion,

Extend the Day: Communal Extension

Since we can extend once per day, let's vote on this. More time to talk is always good.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Evil's Afoot!
« Reply #236 on: June 29, 2018, 08:25:36 am »

Moony:

Sitting back and watching isn't a good idea, you should ask people questions, try to generate some content, maybe get some reads.

Much like my approach.

I'd say what I do is more like scumambushing, to be fair. Which isn't as easy to spot, exactly how it should be, compared with rampaging through the forest hitting trees at random. And I've seen enough things said (even with other refuseniks in the thread) to form opinions, cheers, but not quite enough to be vocal about it.

Did I learn anything from my own question to the group, that most people ignored anyway? It's not the right time to say. But I've got to review the past few pages again, anyway, for other reasons.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 29, 2018, 08:29:02 am »

I am disappoint, mushroom man.

I assume this is in response to unvoting BHK. Well, this is applying a similar standard to myself that I'm seeking from others D1. It just wasn't generating enough new data for me sitting there. I don't seem to have the knack for getting people to hunt actively by pressuring them; and maybe it is that they don't take me seriously because I've switched pretty readily today. I'll have to reflect on that.

My next choice would have been TricMagic, as I indicated, who had already declared going to bed. Not much to learn there for the next hours.

Plus, TricMagic has been fairly voluble without voting, maybe moreso than when bandwagoned. And I thought of these questions after I woke up anyway.

So TricMagic, a couple questions for you to answer Honestly,
To be fair, SK isn't a mafia, and I choose who I give it to.
Are you unable to give a gun to mafia?

Do not trust your investigations straight off.
Reading back this sentence by itself seems like a more general warning than a typical miller claim. Is this related to your Modified-ness? Is it related to your giveaway?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 29, 2018, 08:35:46 am »

There is an issue with this statement. Gathering info without giving any in return leaves you without trust. And Trust is a valuable resource in Mafia
For my part, there is no trust possible on D1, assuming no N0 or D1-start axtions. You can say anything you want. Anything you feel you can get away with, and some things you (at other times) definitely couldn't do. Anything. Play whatever part you want. And it doesn't matter if someone else counter-claims because you could also wait for a legitimate claim from someone and then false-counterclaim upon them if that's what you want to do.

I don't seek Trust, because I know I could fake any Sincerity. ("And I mean that most sincerely, folks... ") Instead I lay down what foundations I want to lay down (with greater or lesser skill) and only later can I point at those foundations and start to reveal what I am building.

So, maybe you could Trust me to not be outright Faking, but that's not for me to say.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 29, 2018, 08:36:15 am »

I await the ninjas. Where are the ninjas?

Moony:

Much like my approach.

I'd say what I do is more like scumambushing, to be fair. Which isn't as easy to spot, exactly how it should be, compared with rampaging through the forest hitting trees at random. And I've seen enough things said (even with other refuseniks in the thread) to form opinions, cheers, but not quite enough to be vocal about it.

Did I learn anything from my own question to the group, that most people ignored anyway? It's not the right time to say. But I've got to review the past few pages again, anyway, for other reasons.

I can tentatively guess there are at least 3 mafia in this game. at most, 4, but 3 is probably right. All you are doing Starver is giving him an excuse. Also, ScumAmbushing is just a few letters off from Scum-Busing. 3 letters in fact.

There is the ninja. Bandwagons form early on, but there is no reason to talk there. Juice still has his vote on me after all.
Meanwhile, I am trying to get people to talk, and vote for the extension. No reason not to if we get a chance a day.

Nin 2. Post after this.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 55