Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forum post layout bugged?  (Read 356 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Forum post layout bugged?
« on: May 15, 2018, 05:07:27 am »

When posting I noticed that the forum no longer sees a single <return>.I typed a return after the previous sentence, so it should be on the next line. Instead it gets glued right behind the period of the previous sentence.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Forum post layout bugged?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 07:05:22 pm »

Is the issue still occurring? What OS / browser are you using?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 05:20:53 am »

It is still ocurring.Using Firefox, always have, never had the problem. It just started being like this 2-3 days ago.

If I want a <return>, I have to type a double return. When typing this post, the last sentence is separated by a blank line from the above sentences. If I click post, however, one of the two returns disappears.
EDIT: I guess I typed 3 returns?
It is not consistent.
EDIT: on windows 10. I did install the latest update right about the same time the problem started appearing.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:24:28 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 09:09:33 pm »

Not having issue with Waterfox (Firefox 52), Windows 7.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:18:06 pm »

It is still ocurring.Using Firefox, always have, never had the problem. It just started being like this 2-3 days ago.

If I want a <return>, I have to type a double return. When typing this post, the last sentence is separated by a blank line from the above sentences. If I click post, however, one of the two returns disappears.
EDIT: I guess I typed 3 returns?
It is not consistent.
EDIT: on windows 10. I did install the latest update right about the same time the problem started appearing.
Code: [Select]
<div class="inner" id="msg_7762031">It is still ocurring.Using Firefox, always have, never had the problem. It just started being like this 2-3 days ago.<br /><br />If I want a &lt;return&gt;, I have to type a double return. When typing this post, the last sentence is separated by a blank line from the above sentences. If I click post, however, one of the two returns disappears.<br />EDIT: I guess I typed 3 returns? <br />It is not consistent.<br />EDIT: on windows 10. I did install the latest update right about the same time the problem started appearing.<br /></div>That reads like the code for how it looks to me. BR tags in there where lines are forced (double-BRs for visual paragraph gaps).

Testing my own: There will now be one <enter> between here
and here and two <enter>s between here

and here. And the Previewed message looks as expected. If no further edit then so does the fully posted one.