Poll

What gender is Elia Opal?

Male
- 2 (25%)
Female
- 6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52

Author Topic: Sideliner [SG] - Day 3  (Read 51928 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Sideliner [SG] - Day 3
« Reply #720 on: October 15, 2018, 12:47:39 am »

(Alright)

After last night's incident, you'd had a few thoughts on things to buy.
We should get a computer. Surely we can get a Moogle laptop for cheap. Or something like that. Probably be handy. Also organize our books.
I think we now have ample evidence that some kind of proper self-defense weapon is probably justified.

Additionally, there's Roger wanting to meet up. And those silver coins Amat gave you.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 15, 2018, 01:12:42 am »

See about getting a handgun and a laptop, then show off our purchases to Roger.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 15, 2018, 01:33:24 am »

+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 15, 2018, 03:36:18 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 15, 2018, 07:10:03 am »

Let's show off the silver coins, too. Bling!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 16, 2018, 03:07:05 pm »

You pull up the search on your phone. Handgun... purchase.... hmm. Seems there's two places in town you might be able to get one. The sporting goods store and the pawn shop. There might also be a used laptop at the latter, though used electronics might not be worth it depending on condition.

You opt to check the pawn shop first. It's downtown, a few minutes away, and, you see as you pull up, right next to a thrift store. It's a squat brick building with wrought iron bars on the storefront windows and a surprisingly cheery-looking sign reading "PAWN! - Buy, Sell, Loans"

Stepping inside, you find yourself amidst an absolute forest of various crap. Or, technically a woods, since a forest is only one kind of tree (God, how do you even remember that...). Clothes, cables, keyboards, guitars, furniture, toys, tools. All with tags and little white ball things clipped on. The muffled rendition of some kind of hair metal leads you over to the left, where you see what you'd have to call a fortified counter. An old woman with enormous glasses and a Metallica shirt sits behind it, seeming to only notice you as you approach.

"Hello there. Can I help you find something?"

"Oh, yes... uh, I was looking for a... I was looking to buy a gun? A handgun." You're not sure how people usually ask for guns.

"Ah, I see. Yes, we've got some. All in good condition, and a very good price, starting at $300. Of course, I'd need to run a background check, dearie, and then there'd be a waiting period of at least five days."

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 16, 2018, 03:13:33 pm »

Wait, what year is it?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 16, 2018, 03:14:25 pm »

(201X)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 16, 2018, 03:49:56 pm »

Welp, sounds good.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 16, 2018, 11:39:54 pm »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 17, 2018, 01:16:49 am »

Welp, sounds good.
+1,

Hmm, it sounds like a good deal. Though that's currently most of, or perhaps more than, your bank balance, and you still need to make sure you have enough for the rent at the end of the month. "Sounds good. Uh, how do we handle this?"

"I give you some paperwork to fill out, you turn that in, and if everything checks out, you can come pick up your purchase five days after that. Also, it's cash only, dearie."

Yeah, you definitely don't have that much cash on you right now. "Ok. Can you give me the paperwork and I bring it back later?"

The old lady nods. "Yes, I suppose so. Anything else you need?"

"Oh! I'm also looking for a laptop computer, if you've got one."

She nods again. "Let me check my catalog. You can go try poking around the back, near the DVDs."

You do so, going to the back of the store. There do indeed seem to be more electronics here, and you spend a good few minutes looking through piles of hardware. There's some surprising finds here: VCRs, record players, an old games console. No computers though, or at least none you can see. It's honestly hard to be sure when you've thoroughly checked such a massive concentration of stuff. The old lady calls you back to the counter.

"Sorry dear, it doesn't look like I have anything at the moment. Is there anything else you're looking for?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 17, 2018, 04:37:33 am »

"No, I think that's everything."
Go and check at Goodwill for a laptop as they are usually cheap there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 17, 2018, 04:47:50 am »

"Yes, do you know where to evaluate the value of old coins I got"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 17, 2018, 05:31:19 am »

Or, technically a woods, since a forest is only one kind of tree (God, how do you even remember that...).
evaluate where we learned this false definition and purge it from our brain with the help of a dictionary.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 17, 2018, 05:43:06 am »

Or, technically a woods, since a forest is only one kind of tree (God, how do you even remember that...).
evaluate where we learned this false definition and purge it from our brain with the help of a dictionary.
Do we need to do the first part to do the second one?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52