Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Near Future Street-Level Super (6/6) (OOC Thread)  (Read 6037 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Near Future Street-Level Super (4/6) (OOC Thread)
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2018, 03:17:22 pm »

Well, I won't complain about getting more powers.

Jackie's second brute aspect is a short range aura/armor that causes objects that are not on or within Jackie to be began breaking down.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2018, 04:22:23 pm »

Jackie's second brute aspect is a short range aura/armor that causes objects that are not on or within Jackie to be began breaking down.

That's fine, I'll add your character sheet to the OP and soon the only thing left will be fleshing out Hiddenleafguy's power and your respective Trigger Events. Could you tell me what exactly happens when Jackie Lexis inserts inanimate objects in his body? Do you mean something along the neighborhood of crude wrist-blades from knives, motley subdermal shielding from scrap, cancerous radiation emitters from microwaves, etc, or did you have something else in mind?

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2018, 04:35:02 pm »

That's fine, I'll add your character sheet to the OP and soon the only thing left will be fleshing out Hiddenleafguy's power and your respective Trigger Events. Could you tell me what exactly happens when Jackie Lexis inserts inanimate objects in his body? Do you mean something along the neighborhood of crude wrist-blades from knives, motley subdermal shielding from scrap, cancerous radiation emitters from microwaves, etc, or did you have something else in mind?

That's pretty much the idea. The objects still have to actually fit inside Jackie's body, and there's no fine manipulation other than just retracting and extracting. No shoving machine gun into my stomach and rat-tat-ratting my way through problems.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2018, 04:43:29 pm »

That's pretty much the idea. The objects still have to actually fit inside Jackie's body, and there's no fine manipulation other than just retracting and extracting. No shoving machine gun into my stomach and rat-tat-ratting my way through problems.

Ah, good to see we're on the same page. I described your power as using the same energy you described in the blasts to manipulate objects, is that what you had in mind?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Near Future Street-Level Super (5/6) (OOC Thread)
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2018, 05:34:52 pm »

Apologies for slowness, a character will be arrived in soon now.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:56:25 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2018, 11:18:39 pm »

Apologies for slowness, a character will be arrived in soon now.

I like the concept, there's a lot of room there. Unfortunately, there's already six characters and I'm afraid that's all I can handle, so you'll be the first to be Waitlisted. Fortunately for you, combat is going be as realistic as grown men with heat vision in spandex can allow, and unless all six players are exceedingly lucky, clever, and/or paranoid, Seth'll be on the block faster than you'd think. If Hiddenleafguy doesn't post and elaborate on their powerset in twenty-four hours, you'll both be switching places. Now I'm going to roll for your power's classification, and normally, if someone dislikes the result, they can re-roll and go to the back of the Waitlist but, as you're the first on the Waitlist, you get what amounts to a free reroll.

Quote from:  Seth Vime's Trigger

Seth Vimes is a Trump, meaning their power is related to the control, exchange, or augmentation of superpowers, a meta-power of sorts, the power to change powers, one way or another. Glass, are you content with this, or would you like to reroll? If not, could you describe the ins-and-outs of your power?

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2018, 03:27:37 am »

Right, I've spent the entirety of this day attempting to figure out a power that fits with his character and is interesting.  Unfortunately Tinker appears to be my Kryptonite, so I'm gonna request a Re-roll, and allow Glass to go before me.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2018, 05:57:35 am »

Seth can, essentially, “turn off” other people’s powers. He has two ways of doing this: either they simply stop working within 10 meters of him, or, if he can get close enough to touch someone, he can focus the effect on them to disable their powers for as long as he wants (though his own field will no longer be active while this is the case).

Also, thanks, HLG.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2018, 08:05:47 am »

Right, I've spent the entirety of this day attempting to figure out a power that fits with his character and is interesting.  Unfortunately Tinker appears to be my Kryptonite, so I'm gonna request a Re-roll, and allow Glass to go before me.

Alrighty then, you're going to be the first on the Waitlist. And as per your reroll request...

Quote from:  Mark Malarky's Trigger

Mark Malarky is a Brute, with a power that enhances their strength and/or durability. A sharp contrast from their deceptive demeanor, which is interesting. You should have an easier time coming up with a power, but if you can't, as the first in the Waitlist, you can reroll one more time.

Seth can, essentially, “turn off” other people’s powers. He has two ways of doing this: either they simply stop working within 10 meters of him, or, if he can get close enough to touch someone, he can focus the effect on them to disable their powers for as long as he wants (though his own field will no longer be active while this is the case).

Also, thanks, HLG.

This is fine, I'll add your sheet to the OP and begin the IC thread soon.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Near Future Street-Level Super (6/6) (OOC Thread)
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2018, 06:03:10 pm »

I was not planning on actually becoming like Sam Vimes but I will do it if it makes the most sense.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2018, 06:05:32 pm »

I was not planning on actually becoming like Sam Vimes but I will do it if it makes the most sense.

What do you mean?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2018, 06:05:58 pm »

What do you mean?
What do you know about the Discworld novels?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2018, 06:07:31 pm »

What do you mean?
What do you know about the Discworld novels?

Almost nothing, though I've heard nothing but good things. I misread that as Seth Vimes and was a bit confused for a minute there.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2018, 06:16:53 pm »

Ok. Yeah, that would be a bit confusing to read it like that.
So.

Sam Vimes is the central character of Discworld's Watch books. That is, he's a policeman.
I chose the name "Seth Vimes" as an homage to Sam Vimes, but I did not actually plan on taking up a role similar to his.
Regardless of my original intent, it appears I may be doing so.

Ok?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2018, 06:18:49 pm »

Ok. Yeah, that would be a bit confusing to read it like that.
So.

Sam Vimes is the central character of Discworld's Watch books. That is, he's a policeman.
I chose the name "Seth Vimes" as an homage to Sam Vimes, but I did not actually plan on taking up a role similar to his.
Regardless of my original intent, it appears I may be doing so.

Ok?

Ah, I gotcha. That's actually a really neat idea for a character arc.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6