Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Near Future Street-Level Super (6/6) (OOC Thread)  (Read 6032 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Near Future Street-Level Super (0/6) (OOC Thread)
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2018, 09:45:20 pm »

Well I am confused a little bit for the changer, mainly does the thing he changes into have to be a physical thing like a creature part (such as a mantis arm) or physical material such as being as intangible as water. Could a changer make parts of their entirely full of bright white energizing light, made of solar plasma, to even being made out of pure darkness; anything magical or “ethereal” basically. Since some of this is Breaker material.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 09:51:02 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2018, 09:56:04 pm »

Spoiler: Jackie Lexis (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 09:59:20 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 09:56:24 pm »

Posted sheet. Hit with me your best shot RNGesus.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 10:30:29 pm »

Well I am confused a little bit for the changer, mainly does the thing he changes into have to be a physical thing like a creature part (such as a mantis arm) or physical material such as being as intangible as water. Could a changer make parts of their entirely full of bright white energizing light, made of solar plasma, to even being made out of pure darkness; anything magical or “ethereal” basically. Since some of this is Breaker material.

As far as I can gather, a Changer's shifting is purely physical and abides by the laws of nature as we understand them, but a Breaker's shifting is often intangible or otherwise impossible, and defies the laws of physics as it sees fit. If you can give me some good fluff I'm sure we could stretch the boundaries there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's a lot of room for character development here, and I like that, I like that a lot. IN. And as for RNGesus, let's see what he has in store...

Quote from:  Jocko Nix's Trigger

Jocko Nix is a Tinker, and their power has a focus on technology, or, would it be better to say that their power is technology? What's Jocko's Specialty and how does it manifest itself?

Spoiler: Jackie Lexis (click to show/hide)

A street urchin? It was inevitable, and besides that well-written and the first to post without reservation to boot. IN.

Quote from:  Jackie Lexis's Trigger

Me oh me oh my. Yottawhat, you've hit the jackpot.

Quote from:  Jackie Lewis's Trigger
10, 9, 3, 3

Huh. Jackie Lewis has a diverse power, with a Changer aspect, a Striker aspect, and two simultaneous Brute aspects. What a doozie. How does it all fit together?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 10:45:40 pm »

A street urchin? It was inevitable, and besides that well-written and the first to post without reservation to boot.
hey, I didn't reserve at all! The edits were to fix typos because phone autocorrect is stupid.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 10:55:14 pm »

A street urchin? It was inevitable, and besides that well-written and the first to post without reservation to boot.
hey, I didn't reserve at all! The edits were to fix typos because phone autocorrect is stupid.

Whoops! Scratch that Yottawhat, you're the second and the honor goes to Dustan Hache. I've been busy and haven't had much sleep these last few days, no hard feelings.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Near Future Street-Level Super (2/6) (OOC Thread)
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 10:56:28 pm »

Looking at the Worm wiki page for Tinkers right now, what do you mean regarding specialties? Sub-categories or more specific? How broad are specialties?

In the Worm universe in general, are Tinker specialties and restrictions based on their personality, on their Trigger Event, or other factors?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 11:12:24 pm »

Looking at the Worm wiki page for Tinkers right now, what do you mean regarding specialties? Sub-categories or more specific? How broad are specialties?

In the Worm universe in general, are Tinker specialties and restrictions based on their personality, on their Trigger Event, or other factors?

It varies, very very very widely. By Specialty, I'm asking which area your power's primarily focused on, which could be anything from Refrigeration, Medicine, or Pyrotechnics. Your specialty can be as broad or specific as you'd like, but the narrower it is the easier a time you'll have working within its confines, and with a catch-all specialty like Combat or Healing, you'll have a more difficult time than you would otherwise.

Generally, a Tinker's Trigger Event is a long time in the making, the culmination of months, if not years of struggling with a single unsolvable problem. The circumstances of the Trigger can influence the Tinker's power, but it could just as easily result from a previous obsession, a pervasive personality trait, or even constant close contact with something specific at their day job.

As a Tinker, you have a lot more leeway here than most. Oh, and here's a link from Worm's author, Wildbow, where he goes into great detail on the aspects, ins-and-outs, and whatnot of being a Tinker for his yet to be finished tabletop.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hQx5XfXrb0cilcP3J178cq1Uj6Dlggcz2X9U3C5zV4U/edit
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:15:20 pm by Ardent Debater »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 12:19:39 am »

Spoiler: Tinker ideas (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 12:22:56 am »

Spoiler: Tinker ideas (click to show/hide)

That's absolutely fine. There's relatively little combat utility, but there's plenty of room to work with if you're clever, and it ties in with the established character quite nicely. I'll add your sheet to the OP.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Near Future Street-Level Super (3/6) (OOC Thread)
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 01:02:58 am »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 07:35:06 am »

Whoop! Just what I was hoping for.

Since I got a assortment of powers, I'm going to go with a multi-trigger/grab-bag power, a cape that has a few little powers and one moderate power.

A striker power that let's Jackie manipulate inorganic matter to form small weapons and armor plates.
A changer power to insert objects into his body.
A brute power to create reactive blasts of destructive energy. Inorganic matter hit by the blast fragments violently while organic matter (such as humans) are only knocked back.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 09:00:10 am »

Cool. Here's the idea for my power.

Strength from Pain: The more pain Lilly is in the stronger she becomes.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 09:02:24 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 12:10:20 pm »

Mark Malarky? That's clever and given the potential for shenanigans, I think I'll let the advanced age slide. IN.

Quote from:  Mark Malarky's Trigger

Looks like we're rolling 2d12.

Quote from:  Mark Malarky's Trigger
1, 8

Mark Malarky's power has two aspects, one Mover and one Thinker. How do they fit together?

Whoop! Just what I was hoping for.

Since I got a assortment of powers, I'm going to go with a multi-trigger/grab-bag power, a cape that has a few little powers and one moderate power.

A striker power that let's Jackie manipulate inorganic matter to form small weapons and armor plates.
A changer power to insert objects into his body.
A brute power to create reactive blasts of destructive energy. Inorganic matter hit by the blast fragments violently while organic matter (such as humans) are only knocked back.

The Striker and Changer powers are fine, but your power has two Brute aspects and you've only detailed one. That's more of a Blaster power than it is a Brute but I could see concussive blasts falling under the Brute category, so I'll allow it.

Cool. Here's the idea for my power.

Strength from Pain: The more pain Lilly is in the stronger she becomes.

That's completely in-line with the Brute category, and I'll add your sheet to the OP in short, heh order.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:13:45 pm by Ardent Debater »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Near Future Street-Level Super (4/6) (OOC Thread)
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 12:58:28 pm »

Cool I'm glad it was ok
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6