Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Near Future Street-Level Super (6/6) (OOC Thread)  (Read 6009 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Near Future Street-Level Super (6/6) (OOC Thread)
« on: May 05, 2018, 11:21:37 am »

In the year 2220 the world is a grim and dark place, filled with crime-riddled urban sprawl and barren wasteland, swamped with pollution. What's left of the U.S. government is ineffective and corrupt, and the mega-corporations and criminal cartels have by and large taken its place. In the near-apocalyptic aftermath of WW3, global climate change, and economic collapse, technology has advanced to heights unimaginable to those of the past, but the knowledge of its manufacture remains in the hands of a mysterious few.

Little over forty years ago, a blindingly bright light hit worldwide and in its glow, the first supers emerged. In the confusion that followed, many tried to use their powers for good, but many more used them to further their own ends and for years, anarchy reigned. In time, society recovered and in the interest of preserving order, the government established the Meta Reform Initiative, (MRI), a federal agency dedicated to gathering supers, training them, equipping them, and enlisting their aid in quelling the wave of crime and terrorism, ostensibly to prevent another bright war, but in reality, to keep supers under surveillance and control.

At the moment, there are three super classifications, Villians are supers that use their powers to defy the law for personal profit or philosophy, Heroes are supers that have joined the MRI and use their powers to enforce the law and stop rogue Metas with a minimum of collateral damage, and Vigilantes are supers that have taken the law into their own hands, and dole out their own, often brutal version of justice on the streets.

You are a teenager in the USA's northeastern mega-metropolitan sprawl's slums, and only yesterday, you manifested superpowers of your own. Whether you embrace Villiany, Heroism, Vigilantism, or go Rogue is up to you but remember, the world is a dangerous place, and your survival isn't guaranteed.

Spoiler:  Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Current PC's:

Spoiler:  Orion Schulz (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Ethan Summers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Jocko Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Lilly Sharpe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Jackie Lexis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Seth Vimes (click to show/hide)

Waitlisted PC's

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:40:06 pm by Ardent Debater »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Near Future Street-Level Super (0/6) (OOC Thread)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 02:07:03 pm »

I'll bump once, if no-one's replied by the time the thread slides to page two, I'll go to Roleplayer's Guild with the concept. Marvel Avengers 3: Infinity War Part One has me itching to run a capeshit role-play.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 02:29:59 pm »

I'll make someone for this.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 02:52:30 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 09:12:22 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 03:12:55 pm »

Reserving a spot for when I have time to write.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 05:50:00 pm »

Nice to see this thread's gaining traction.

I'll make someone for this.
Reserving a spot for when I have time to write.

Glad to hear that, once you write a sheet, you're in.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Versatile backstory, personality's reserved without being brooding, and the name's great. As a GM, I couldn't ask for more. IN.

Quote from:  Orion Shchulz's Trigger

Orion Schulz is a Changer, and their power revolves around somehow altering their physical form. What can you tell me about the finer details of their power ShadowClaw777?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 06:53:01 pm »

Spoiler: Lilly Sharpe (click to show/hide)

I hope this is ok.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 07:25:18 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 08:39:48 pm »

Spoiler: Lilly Sharpe (click to show/hide)

I hope this is ok.

That's completely fine, you're IN. Though being only 4'10, you'll get a -2 to strength based rolls and a +2 to stealth rolls. Unless you're not okay with that, in which case we could always retcon Lilly as being somewhere in the neighborhood of 5'4.

Quote from:  Lilly Sharpe's Trigger

Aaand, Lilly Sharpe is a Brute, meaning their power revolves around enhancing their strength and/or durability. Nevermind about the -2 to strength rolls, what can you tell me about their power?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 08:53:07 pm »

In. Looks fun.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How's this?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 08:56:29 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 09:11:04 pm »

I have to had a versatile background, I don’t know how the heck my character is going to function and his powers, that’s why it makes it better to create a character when I know what I’m dealing with.
Anyways as a Changer, it seems intuitively to me that Orion has access for his ability to change his physical appendages such as his arms and hands into a shadowy and obsidian-colored tentacle limb with spiky barbs around it that gives him an improved sense of motor skill and function, as the neurons on his arms when energetically spread through out the new tentacle limbs, as the tentacle limbs can act without his brain directly manipulating them. The same can be done for his legs in which it will transform into a mass of onyx-colored and swarm of tentacles that have the same neuron-spreading around the two legs that spread into four “leg” tentacles with the same sharp barbs around them and improved motor control that they have, the barbs on these leg tentacles though can allow him to climb on many surfaces, as both of the tentacle limbs have much more muscle power with them than human limbs, they carry more striking and grabbing force with them. Than when Orion has no more need of the tentacle appendages, he can concentrate them when in a set position to slowly reform back into human arms and legs.

Also here’s a way to compare the difference between a Breaker and Changer, here. Also added some more descriptive elements to my character, such as height and eye color.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 09:26:58 pm »

In. Looks fun.
How's this?

A bit more detail than I'd expected on the Personality but that's great and the rest of it's good. IN.

Quote from:  Ethan Summer's Trigger

Ethan Summers is a Master, suggesting they have the power to control others or summon minions to aid them. Which does Ethan do, and how does he do it?

I have to had a versatile background, I don’t know how the heck my character is going to function and his powers, that’s why it makes it better to create a character when I know what I’m dealing with.
Anyways as a Changer, it seems intuitively to me that Orion has access for his ability to change his physical appendages such as his arms and hands into a shadowy and obsidian-colored tentacle limb with spiky barbs around it that gives him an improved sense of motor skill and function, as the neurons on his arms when energetically spread through out the new tentacle limbs, as the tentacle limbs can act without his brain directly manipulating them. The same can be done for his legs in which it will transform into a mass of onyx-colored and swarm of tentacles that have the same neuron-spreading around the two legs that spread into four “leg” tentacles with the same sharp barbs around them and improved motor control that they have, the barbs on these leg tentacles though can allow him to climb on many surfaces, as both of the tentacle limbs have much more muscle power with them than human limbs, they carry more striking and grabbing force with them. Than when Orion has no more need of the tentacle appendages, he can concentrate them when in a set position to slowly reform back into human arms and legs.

Also here’s a way to compare the difference between a Breaker and Changer, here. Also added some more descriptive elements to my character, such as height and eye color.

Tentacle-shifting? Nice, and absolutely in-line with a Changer. I'll add your sheet to the OP, at this rate, we'll have an IC thread by Monday.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 09:37:35 pm »

Suggestion. his words have a subliminal effect that encourages others to follow his suggestions, provided they don't realise he is affecting them. It wouldn't work on statements or orders, just things like "maybe we should sit down and have a cup of tea" or "I think we should make a left here."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 09:44:08 pm »

Suggestion. his words have a subliminal effect that encourages others to follow his suggestions, provided they don't realise he is affecting them. It wouldn't work on statements or orders, just things like "maybe we should sit down and have a cup of tea" or "I think we should make a left here."

Subliminal messaging? That's a subtler approach to the Master's potential than most. I like it, and I can't wait to see how you put it to use. Consider it done, I'll put your character sheet in the OP.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 09:44:25 pm »

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 09:55:22 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2018, 09:45:10 pm »

In, sheet incoming.

Nice, eager to see what you come up with.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6