Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wizards surviving in the wild IC [Month2, Middle of nowhere]  (Read 2350 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

You wake up in your cell, as per usual, then three big men walk in, tie you up and stuff a bag over your head, a few minutes? hours? later the bag is pulled off, and you find yourself at a round table with five other people, and a rather heavily locked metal crate thats moaning slightly.
Suddenly the only person at the table who isn't chained down stands up, a rather mad looking man with a few long white hairs left upon his head.
"You were volinteer'ded by th' gloryiz emperor, ma' yer blood burn by his name, Welco' to th' Settlers guild! now, befo' yer departur fer points unkno' I thou' ye cou' do with some introductions and plannin' on how the funds er giv'n th this venture be spent... Ah were be mah mannors, I be the arch portaler Ophilius." He grins a pointed tooth smile, then he continues. "An' form this day onwards yall be officially 'Dead' in th' books oh legure. Now let uz get to biznezz!"
"To put things simple like, we gotz' enough fund'n to pay rough like ten troops oh merks for a day'z worth oh kidnapp'n and looting each, n don' ye quest'n why we do'n buy which we want when th' same merks wod otherwiz be looting and 'napp'n our stuffs."

He sets down a chalkboard and starts marking it and sectioning it off before leaving, at the door he turns back and says "Ah'll be bak in ahn hour, an' I expect ye to know wha' is going with ye when 'Ah get here.

10$
Spoiler: Manflesh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beastflesh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Falerion (dgr11897) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Octal Atlantis (Glass) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:45:03 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I'm going to vote for acquiring the magical animal because, well, obviously. I'd then like four troops of Slumbers. For experimentation. We probably won't need to feed them.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile

Karl ponders for a moment, rubbing his fat chin. A constrained voice emerges from his large maw. "I' say we spend one ta' two on food, lest the slumbers starve an' eat tha' animal."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I guess that's a good point."

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"nay guilders be were it's ah, we should be spendin our cash on hiring people to get us resources and craft buildings, not magical animals that may or may not be of use. Oh and we be needin food for em all. also, horses and chickens be a mighty good idea, horses or cows but either way chickens provide a long term food source, an some wine would keep the men movin in hard times. Also i be needin a workshop wherever we may be goin." Falerion says with a slight drawl "Ah my name is falerion by the way, Yes I was the one who accidentally converted a coin into pure energy, yes it leveled a village, no I do not know how to replicate it He struggles against his bindings" "Anyone think we could get out of these?"
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 01:38:41 am by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

”The most functional initial strategy is to get three guildsman, two dollar worth of food, and a dollar worth of a cow and chicken. I am the lass that is willing to compromise a guildsman for a dollar worth of peasant and slumbers for experimentation. I really wanted a horse to uhh... perform the arcane arts on, and riding of course. I would sacrifice a guildsman and some chickens for it.

So either Plan A: 2 Guildsman, 2 Food, 1 Peasent and 1 Slumbers, and 1 Cow and Chicken

Plan B: 1 Guildsman, 2 Food, 1 Peasent and Slumber, and 1 Cow and 1 Horse”

Also one last thing to say, “Do not fear power, fear those that wield it”
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 01:43:03 am by Shadowclaw777 »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Your plan A seems like the best version, plenty of food, test subjects for experimentation, and some guilders and peasants to use to set up our place."
My Power armor arms race

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Of course, we could simply split the funds amongst ourselves and let each person decide how to spend his share."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

You can go on right ahead with your two bucks, I know I’m in need skilled labor and so I will get a Guildsman for myself, and you darling.. Maiena yawns extemporaneously and points at the person with the unkempt ginger hair and magic veins. ”I recommend the guildsman as well... Falerion”

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Why shouldn't we go with your plan B, with replacing the slumbers with chickens? And with my two bucks I will probably get some cows and chickens, for food. I would also like to point out the likelihood that the other three will pool their money for a magical creature if we let them, and I too wouldn't mind having horses." I also start attempting to cast magic and fiddle around with my bindings.
My Power armor arms race

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

*wakes up, hanging from the ceiling*
*briefly works on figuring out how to get down safely before crashing to the floor*
Morning!

Hmn...
I'll suggest $1 food, $1 cattle, $1 chickens, $2 guilders, $2 peasants, $1 arrows, and $2 oil. The food'll tide us over until the cows and chickens start making food for us, the peasants will do whatever it is peasants do to make functioning villages, guildsmen make whatever we all need to keep stuff running, and the oils and arrows make sure we can see and can defend ourselves. Can't be too hard to teach everyone how to use a basic bow, right?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile

Karl rubs his chin once more, thinking of either the best ways to cook a chicken or about the plan. "I' think tha' ceilin' man's plan seems tha' best fo' us. If we'r goin' with 2$ each tha'n I'll spend it all on food." His eyes light up as he says the last word.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Falerion ponders that idea for a moment"eh tha plan seems a little excessive for defense, we be wizards after all, and with some linen, metal, and magic i can make us some automotons tha can preform passibly for defense or scoutin. We would be better served spendin tha money on some horses, for transport and tradin" He moves his left hand to his prosthesis and starts fiddling with the joints, preparing to pop it off."Any o you think we can blast our way out o here?"
My Power armor arms race

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I will vote for Plan Ceiling, if only because I see that not enough of you will consent to purchase the magical animal."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Maiena exhausts quite fervently, and looks at the ceiling man with disinterest. “You want a goddamn magical animal?, fine I think a deal of 1 Magical Animal, 1 Guilder and Peasant, and 1 Chicken would make a neat arrangement and than we spent the majority of our time in gathering food. Oil for us is basically fucking useless, why have fire arrows when we can spent the researching ways to evoke the elements?, why have need for a light source when we will inevitable gain some form of that through magic?

As for the magical animal I hope it’s a unicorn or maybe a treant, and fine I’ll accept on like a crocodile beaver
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:57:42 pm by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: [1] 2 3