Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Frostpunk  (Read 13390 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Frostpunk
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2018, 03:42:35 pm »

Ah. Alright then.

Quote from: Plan B
3xGather Steel (automaton)(+3s)
Build Beacon (-2s)
Send an expedition to the supply ship (-2f)
Build Workshop (-1w, -1s)
Long Live United Forenia!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2018, 03:42:52 pm »

hm.  It seems that we can't have enough wood to build a sawmill unless we have a sawmill. I suppose we will need to find sources of perm wood elsewhere...
Do note that we have the 'Gather' actions to sustain us for temp resources until we can get a permanent source going.

If I'm reading this right, we can get both a sawmill and a beacon this turn, with 2 actions leftover (Gather Wood, Construct Sawmill, Gather Steel, Construct Beacon); although this will empty our wood and steel stockpiles. Steelworks is nice; but we'll want coal income before getting that up. Proper housing is also nice, but not a priority; our housing temperature is Livable. Not ideal; but very much acceptable.

Really, I see a few ways to do things; try to get set up and somewhat stable before launching expeditions; or rush expeditions now to try and find the rest of our people. Logically more manpower = more actions, though this might not be the case. Still; there are other things to be found out in the Frostlands; supplies and what not.

Also also; although it doesn't matter at all right now; keep the automaton working outdoors; it doesn't care about the cold, so use it for those jobs.

Here's a plan; set up wood production, get expeditions up and running, and then a bit of Steel Gathering to prepare for next turns building. (Should end up with 1 wood, 1 steel starting next turn.)
Quote from: Plan Set Up and Expedition
1 Gather Wood (automaton) (+1w)
1 Construct Sawmill (-3w)
2 Gather Steel (+2s)
1 Construct Beacon (-2s)
1 Send Expedition to Supply Ship  (-2f)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 12:34:26 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2018, 03:56:39 pm »

We should send the expedition to the Supply Ship; I think it's implied that's where our missing people are, and if not, it's definitely where some of our missing supplies are. Whereas the Telegraph Station might not have anything of value.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2018, 03:59:55 pm »

Got quite confused with resource rules, now it should be more clear.

getting people is important, and more perm is always good. I think I'll go for Jilladilla's plan

Quote from: plans
Plan beacon next turn
Plan B
Plan Set Up and Expedition - (1) Andrea

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2018, 04:45:40 pm »

I suppose we do need to set up basic infrastructure. Much as I want to see what options the workshop unlocks.

Plan beacon next turn
Plan B
Plan Set Up and Expedition - (2) Andrea, NUKE9.13

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2018, 05:46:00 pm »

Plan beacon next turn
Plan B
Plan Set Up and Expedition - (3) Andrea, NUKE9.13, Terenos

Setting up infrastructure is vital. A workshop will make improvements to our city, but what good is that without the resource base to act on it? Not only that, I suspect it will take up one of our Actions to perform research there. So we may as well get resource income happening first. Workshop can happen tomorrow. But no later than turn 3, I suspect.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2018, 06:29:12 pm »

Plan beacon next turn
Plan B
Plan Set Up and Expedition - (4) Andrea, NUKE9.13, Terenos, Happerry
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2018, 08:50:24 pm »

So, another part of the Game we may have to be thinking about: Laws.

Do we make promises that could lead to a better society but may damn us latter? Or will we legalize some more morally questionable (or even reprehensible) things, in order to survive the Frost?

Still, given how Ebbor made no mention of it in the turn; we may not have to worry about it right this moment. Still, something to start thinking about.

(Also Ebbor, does the Hunter's Hut increase Permanent Food? It doesn't say if it does.)
Plan beacon next turn
Plan B
Plan Set Up and Expedition - (5) Andrea, NUKE9.13, Terenos, Happerry, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2018, 10:08:06 pm »

We should make lots of laws. I am in the mood for some 70s funk/rock myself, but outsourcing to Future-Ohio might be expensive.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2018, 11:45:29 pm »

Plan beacon next turn
Plan B
Plan Set Up and Expedition - (5) Andrea, NUKE9.13, Terenos, Happerry, Jilladilla, Zomara0292
[/quote]
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2018, 10:27:59 pm »

PTW
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2018, 06:01:13 am »

Plan beacon next turn
Plan B
Plan Set Up and Expedition - (7) Andrea, NUKE9.13, Terenos, Happerry, Jilladilla, Zomara0292, King Zultan
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2018, 04:28:41 pm »

Flamfjord, 1878, Week 1

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Surlington's Logbook

Midday Observation : Visibility Decent. No Precipation. Temperatures continue to decline, measuring -25 degrees at present. Windspeeds are neglible, improving visibility and temperature. The conditions in the Fjord however continue to decline. Without the wind pushing them out to Sea, the ice floes continue to accumulate.

Expedition notes :

Our new Sawmill makes hellish noises as cuts through the frozen trees. I inquired of this with the foreman, but he ensures us that this is normal. I does not appear to bother the men, if anything, they seem to rejoice the introduction of the industrial sounds so familiar to them. Personally, I'm glad that the observation post is located some distance from city.

In other news, the beacon has been successfully deployed. For now, it is but a simple light, but with the addition of some simple instruments, it could provide a wealth of information on the current climate catastrophe. Unfortunately, we currently lack the workspace and tools to make the carefull calibrations needed.

The pine shudders as a metal leg plunges into the base of it's trunk. Mechanisms click, a puff of steam emerges from the machine, and then wood shatters suddenly. With a loud smash, the tree crashes into the forest floor. The Automaton takes a moment to clear it's of wooden splinters, before it bows over the fallen tree, grabs it underneath it's carriage, and trundles onwards towards the city.

Located at the outskirts of the city, the Sawmill faces the full onslaught of the frost. Little more than a shed to hold tools and a few areas to store logs and processed wood, it provides little shelter for the elements. The machinery is primitive, but in this harsh environment, that is not a weakness. Cold can make metal fragile as the finest China, and a shattering circular saw can ruin anyone's day. The machines build here may not be able to cut as fast or fine as those in the grand factories back in the Empire, but they're rugged and will cut through ice without complaint.

In other parts of the city, workers hurry to salvage metal and beat it into shape. Though most of the parts for the beacon survived the journey from London intact, a large and heavy section of the frame had been left behind on the ice. With the expedition now on it's way to recover as much as they can, it is essential to get the back up into the air. Without it, the expedition and it's supplies could easily be lost to the Frostland.

Expedition's Logbook

Day 1: We've taken the sleds, gathered our supplies and set course for the Fjord. Following our own trail, we should be able to reach it in a day and a half.
Day 2: The temperature plunged suddenly. Were it not for our clothes and the fire we got going, I fear some of us might have suffered frostbite
Day 3: The frost is a burden, but also a boon. As we reached the fjord, we found that the recent frost had strengthened the ice sufficient to allow to make good pace across it.
Day 4: The ship rises up from the ice ahead of us. The ice around it has been stripped clean of supplies. It's a mystery that is solved rapidly, when a voice calls down from the vessel. Sergeant William Baxters, Royal Marines. Apparently, when they got lost on the way to the city, he commandeered his fellow survivors, then the ship, and it's supplies. They'd been working on creating some makeshift sleds to make a second attempt to reach the city, which should be easy with our guidance.
Day 5: It's strange, being back in my cabin. I hadn't expected to see it ever again. I doubt I ever will again. The ship is encased solidly in the ice, it's hull bend and straining under the pressure. In places, it has already shattered. We're taking as much as we can loading food, fuel and steel stripped from the ship. We've even recovered the bridge's navigation core. The boilers and turbines would be a grand gift, but they're too heavy to move.
Day 6: It's hard work, carrying the sleds uphill in this frozen weather. But we can see the beacon now, shining in the distance, and this seems to make the work all that easier.
Day 7: Total resources recovered : 2 Food, 2 Coal, 1 wood, 2 steal, 1 Steam Core, 1 Royal Marine Sergeant

Choose 5 Actions + 1 action for your Automaton (Note which)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Weather : Minus 20 degrees, Light snow
Housing : Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable
Indoor Work : Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable
Outdoor Work : Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable

Spoiler: Flamfjord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Frostland (click to show/hide)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2018, 08:35:54 am »

So does "With considerable manpower or heavy machinery we could try to recover it's steam turbine and boilers." mean anything in gameplay terms?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11