Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Frostpunk  (Read 12831 times)

Hotfire90

Re: Frostpunk
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2018, 08:04:59 pm »

Plan D can't actually work since an expedition to the Supply Ship costs 2 food instead of 1, which leaves the plan 1 food short.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2018, 08:07:36 pm »

Wait seriously? I thought all expeditions had had their food costs reduced by the outpost or whatever the building was.

The cost isn't actually mentioned in the spoiler.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Hotfire90

« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2018, 08:12:14 am »

Only the expeditions for rescuing the survivors and measuring the weather in the outpost have a different food cost, normal expeditions still cost 2 food.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2018, 09:31:29 am »

Wait seriously? I thought all expeditions had had their food costs reduced by the outpost or whatever the building was.

The cost isn't actually mentioned in the spoiler.
The cost isn't mentioned in the Frostland spoiler because it is unmodified from the default, namely 2 food, as seen in the actions spoiler.
Long Live United Forenia!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2018, 06:00:38 am »

Anyway, I think we have 3 plans now with 1 vote each? That's not enough.

Anyway, I was planning on clarifying the weather report. I'll do that next turn, but now that for this turn you're safe, for next turn you're safe and then the storm hits.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2018, 07:53:58 am »

I'm voting for plan C.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2018, 02:08:24 pm »

If plan D is invalid as was said, I'll change vote to plan C, but if the storm is coming we really need to send people to get the other survivors next turn, before it kills them all.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2018, 02:13:24 pm »

Not knowing if Plan D is invalid, I left Happerry's vote alone.

Quote from: Votebox
Plan C (2): Parsely, RulerOfNothing
Plan D (1): Happerry

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2018, 03:11:05 pm »

Plan D (1): Happerry
Plan E (1): Madman

As noted earlier, plan D is definitively invalid, sadly.

Instead, plan E, which does a permanent food supply and has an excellent chance of increasing the number of actions we can take next turn. Basically, next turn we SHOULD thus be capable of going all-out on the expeditions before we likely get entombed by a storm and need to mostly stay put. Also tells us exactly what we have, which will undoubtedly be necessary to know, and soon.
Quote from: Plan E
Gather Steel (Automaton)
Set up Hothouse (-1 wood, -2 steel, -1 steamcore)
2x Gather Food (Free gather)
Send Expedition to Forest (-1 food)
Send Expedition to Village (-1 food)
Innovate - Resources : Gathering Inventory
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2018, 06:15:11 pm »

Plan E (2): Madman, Happerry
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2018, 09:16:58 pm »

Plan C (1): Parsely
Plan E (2): Madman, Happerry, RulerOfNothing
Changing my vote to Plan E

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2018, 03:19:11 am »

Plan C (1): Parsely
Plan E (4): Madman, Happerry, RulerOfNothing, King Zultan
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2018, 06:43:18 pm »

Flamfjord, 1878, Week 6

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Surlington's Logbook

Midday Observation : Temperatures are stable at -30 degrees, with little wind and great visibility.
Next week : Over the next week, we expect the temperature to remain constant and the weather to remain decent
After next week : The pocket of good weather protecting us is going to collapse sooner or later. When it does, we can expect major temperature drops, dangerous wind speeds and lots of snow.

Expedition notes : Flamfjord is buzzing with activity. The continuing decent weather has allowed us to send out a number of expeditions, gathering up all the people we lost on our way here. Not all of them made it, but many more did than we expected. The construction of the Hothouse was a well timed affair. Not only does it bring a much appreciated amount of variety into our men's diets, it also helps to feed the new members. Others issues however still need to be adressed. The temporary housing we build is now well above capacity, and hot bunking is not a viable solution when spending the night outside means freezing to death.

Expedition Log (The forest): We found a great chunk of our missing expedition members sheltering in the forest here. It seems the unseasonal frost has driven many animals, both prey and predator, down into the lower reaches of the forest. Keeping the wolves at bay was an intimidating task, but modern weaponry easily outclasses fang and claw. When our expedition reached the forest, our wayward members were decently fed, and had a number of wolf pelts with them.

Expedition log (The Tribe) : Offering shelters to guests is long standing tradition among local tribes in the artic, and our men and women were well taken care of. Even though the unseasonal cold had disrupted their hunts and gathering efforts, the local tribes shared what they could and helped our expedition members as best as they were able. It's undeniable however, that doing so has compromised their own survival position. Their chief has recognized as such, and has asked us to shelter his tribe for the duration of the storm.

Results (combined) : 2 actions gained
Status effect : Insufficient shelter [-1 housing heat]

Choice :  The local tribes have asked for shelter.
[] Welcome them into our homes as guests ( they will consume 1 food, and worsen the insufficient shelter effect)
[] Welcome them into the range of our generator (no food consumption, keep them close, but don't share food or shelter)
[] Deny

Choose 7 Actions + 1 action for your Automaton (Note which)+1 Gathering action

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Weather : Minus 30 degrees, The calm before a storm
Housing : Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable
Indoor Work : Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable
Outdoor Work : Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable

Spoiler: Flamfjord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Frostland (click to show/hide)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2018, 06:59:34 pm »

Will the tribespeople be available for labor while they're here if we invite them in as guests?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2018, 07:08:43 pm »

Nope, they'll do their own thing. They may help, but mostly they'll try to tend to their own and recover.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11