Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Frostpunk  (Read 12835 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Frostpunk
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2018, 10:39:03 am »

You realise that that isn't an option, yes?
Long Live United Forenia!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2018, 04:37:46 am »

Welp, I made a mess of stuff here. Let me just fix all of that with GM pre-rogative.

First off, I'm throwing all the costs into Perm.
Secondly, I'll give you a (free) turn action to turn of Perm Structures

That seems to me to be both logical, consistent and simple. There's some opportunity for min-maxing, but I hope you ignore it.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2018, 04:49:21 am »

Fair enough. Plan A it is, then?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2018, 05:42:55 am »

Flamfjord, 1878, Week 5

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Surlington's Logbook

Midday Observation : Temperatures remain stable at 30 degrees, and visibility has improved tremendously. The sky above is a roiling, turbulent mess, but on the ground the weather is quite calm. Next turn : Same weather, same temperature.

Expedition notes : We've finally completed the set-up of initial infrastructure. The coal thumper is active, feeding our generator and blast forge. Additional heaters have been placed around the city, allowing to beat back the cold even if the generator is insufficient. The hunt brings in sufficient food and the sawmill works at steady pace. We no longer live in tents, and the laboratory has been set up. However, with the increase in infrastructure has come an increase in workload. The men are grumbling, and some expect that demands will lessen now that the hard part is over. Unfortunately for them, the hard part is just beginning.

The Expedition team returns somber and sullen, despite having recovered a number of missing people. When they reached the outpost, they found everyone huddled in the outer vestibule, with very limited supplies. The inner door was locked shut down, with no sign of life inside. Well, nothing a few marines can't solve.

The inside of the station was filled with the stench death and decay.  Several corpses were found rotting in the mess, their rotten food still standing on the table. Of the others, there was no trace. The outpost's vehicles were gone, and most it's supplies with them. The infrastructure appears to be mostly intact, with one particularly alert soldier writing down the measurements of the instruments and bringing them to you.

The measurements are worrying. The turbulence in the atmosphere is increasing, the local weather is destabilizing, and a major stormfront appears to be forming somewhere close. You fear it may only be a few weeks before you get hit with something big and dangerous.

Gained : 0.5 population (next gain is +1 action), Weather Warnings for 2 turns

Choose 5 Actions + 1 action for your Automaton (Note which)+1 Gathering action

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Weather : Minus 30 degrees, The calm before a storm
Housing : Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable
Indoor Work : Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable
Outdoor Work : Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable

Spoiler: Flamfjord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Frostland (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2018, 06:05:43 am »

So, we should probably work on the Exploration/Industry tech path this turn, since we can't upgrade the steelworks or coal thumper at the moment (and presumably the ability to do so is down that path). We should also send out another expedition to find more survivors. And maybe expand the sawmill also.

The desire for a lessening of the workload is of some concern. When we have the extra action, it might make sense not to use it every now and then.

Quote from: Plan A
Gather Food x1 (Free)
Gather Wood x3 (Automaton)

Expand Sawmill (-4w)

Innovate -  Exploration/Industry : Telescopic Lenses (-1s)

Send an expedition into the Frostland - The Forest(Survivors) (-1f)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2018, 09:13:29 am »

I really think we should build a Hothouse or expand the Hunter's Huts sometime soon, before we end up with a food crisis when the temp goes down and the current food supply freezes over in the incoming storm, but other then that the plan looks fine. (More food would also let us go on expeditions easier, and it'd be quite nice to get another steam core from the ship before it goes, as well as recovering the rest of the refuges for the additional actions and such. Of course, with more people we're going to need more food anyway, so...)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2018, 10:37:59 am »

So I think that we could skip the telescopic lenses for now. It would make more sense to wait until next turn, when we'd stop getting warning of incoming weather. We could instead spend the innovation on inventorying our gathering ability. It would also be good to do two expeditions this turn, if at all possible. That would allow us to get stuff done before the incoming harsh weather hits us.

Quote from: Plan B
Gather Food x3 (Free Gather)
Innovate Gathering Inventory
Send Expedition to Supply Ship, recover boilers and steam turbines (Automaton)
Send Expedition to the Forest

This proposal's incomplete, I need more information before finishing it. Do we know how many more expeditions we'll need to clear the ship, and does the automaton fulfill the action requirements for the supply ship expedition? By that, I mean do we need to spend a regular action and the automaton action on it? If we have one more action free, then we could send another expedition to attempt to recover yet more survivors.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2018, 10:53:23 am »

Well, I don't want the telescopic lenses themselves, I want what comes after them. We have the steel needed anyway.
Also, the weather will be the same next turn, so we can safely launch expeditions then as well.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2018, 10:54:21 am »

Oh. I've been reading that as "over the next week[i.e., one week from 'now']" instead of "next week [i.e., the week beginning one week from now]"
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2018, 10:57:12 am »

Next turn : Same weather, same temperature.

Hotfire90

« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2018, 12:00:49 pm »

We can't send the Automaton alone, we need to spend a regular action and the automaton action in order to recover the steam turbines and boilers.

Quote from: Plan C
Gather Steel (Free)
Set up Hothouse (-1 wood, -2 steel, -1 steamcore)
2x Gather Food
Send Expedition to Supply Ship (-2 food)
Send Automaton to Supply Ship
Innovate - Resources : Gathering Inventory

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2018, 12:04:54 pm »

I think we definitely want to get the extra 0.5 actions ASAP, so our first expeditionary priority should be sending folks to pick up survivors.

Hotfire90

« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2018, 12:45:13 pm »

We can rescue the remaining survivors next turn, retrieving additional steam cores from the Supply Ship is more important. Also building the Hothouse is as efficient as getting another action from the survivors, if not more efficient depending on how much food it provides.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2018, 01:24:45 pm »

Quote from: Plan B
Gather Food x3 (Free Gather)
Innovate Gathering Inventory
Send Expedition to Supply Ship, recover boilers and steam turbines (Automaton)
Send Expedition to the Forest

This gives us the absolute best chance of recovering both stuff from the supply ship and getting survivors. I mean, we could also visit the natives and see if they want to join us as well, I guess.

It also starts us off with one bonus Food for next turn, so we can send even more expeditions if necessary.

Quote from: Plan D
Gather Steel (Free)
Set up Hothouse (-1 wood, -2 steel, -1 steamcore)
2x Gather Food
Send Expedition to Supply Ship (-1 food)
Send Automaton to Supply Ship
Send Expedition to the Village
Doesn't innovate anything this turn, but does visit the village and the supply ship and establish a supply of food for us.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2018, 07:44:08 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Plan D (1): Happerry

Between the extra action from more people, a more stable food supply, and looting another steam turbine from the supply ship Plan D has my support.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11