Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Bring-Your-Own-Song Collectible Card Game  (Read 15761 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Bring-Your-Own-Song Collectible Card Game
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2018, 08:47:18 pm »

Hey tomasque. Remember my opera submission? I would like your thoughts and ruling on that since the words are in Italian, but the lyrics are translated to English.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2018, 09:15:16 pm »

VS Fallacy

I'm going to call your bluff.
Gentleman attacks The Wolf, defeating it?
Both enemies attack your health directly. (Since Grama is set aside, she cannot defend against my attacks, and attacks occur simultaneously!)

I end my turn. The game presumably ends as well right now because of the chorus.

The end result depends on what your Reaction card does. I already have a guess. A chorus card is supposed to be effective twice, otherwise it isn't a chorus is it? But if it ends the game it is only relevant once. I think that your little reaction actually makes it so that the game isn't actually over after you play it. Your song has a twist ending right?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2018, 09:16:59 pm »

Both enemies attack your health directly. (Since Grama is set aside, she cannot defend against my attacks, and attacks occur simultaneously!)
Yes, but Grama is un-set-aside as soon as The Wolf dies. Um... how does that work?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2018, 09:19:58 pm »

If a defender is in play and several attacks are made simultaneously, then they cannot attack the enemy directly on that turn. So it stands to reason that the inverse is true!

Because my attacks are simultaneous, the wolf is still alive during the effects of all three.

... Right GM?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2018, 09:27:33 pm »

If a defender is in play and several attacks are made simultaneously, then they cannot attack the enemy directly on that turn. So it stands to reason that the inverse is true!

Because my attacks are simultaneous, the wolf is still alive during the effects of all three.

... Right GM?
Seems right to me.

Then again, I'm not the GM.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2018, 09:35:34 pm »

Yeah sure.

Alright, the Wolf is dead and Grama pops back into existence.. Seeing as you end your turn... the game ends... not. I would have lower health than you, and I'm presuming if the game ends while both players still have health and no alternate win condition triggers, the player with more health wins. So That Ain't How It Happened triggers.

That Ain't How It Happened: Reaction
  If your opponent would win the game, cancel the effect of the card that caused the game to end (unless the game ended by either player running out of cards).

That's The Story is negated, and it goes on to be my turn.

I draw. I end my turn.

I'd like to note that I still have one card left in my deck(I used Recall, after all). How many do you have? You might just end up losing of... failure to draw a card!

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2018, 09:52:34 pm »

VS Fallacy

Called it!

Unless you can do something to lower my health, I'm afraid I got this one. If you look at the win conditions, you can't lose simply by running out of cards in your deck. Read the original rules win condition section and you'll see that I would need to be out of cards in both my deck AND hand for a game end due to no cards! (And I believe I could still win if I had more health than you).

Winning the Game
A player wins if:
 -Their opponent's HP reaches 0
 -The game ends (i.e. either player runs out of cards in their deck and hand), and the player's opponent has less HP than they do

So the game goes on despite my inability to draw! Gentleman and the two enemies attack Grama, defeating it.

I end my turn.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2018, 10:00:05 pm »

Ah. Darn.

Well, nothing I can do now. I forfeit. Good game.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2018, 10:02:40 pm »

Man you aren't kidding. I predicted that I would be the loser as soon as my Curmudgeon went down. Then you kept doing things to freak me out like three more times before you finally ran out of moves! If that doesn't make for a good game I don't know what does.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2018, 10:04:13 pm »

o/ I'm willing to start a game.
I'll be at Disney over the weekend so I may be a bit slow, but *shrug*
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2018, 10:40:26 pm »

I am kind of anxious to see what the GM makes of my song... The guy who made it makes some great songs. (Gm would it be OK for me to reveal who made the song I am using?)
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2018, 10:47:23 pm »

If you reveal the song, people will be able to predict the weakness of your deck before they even play against you!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2018, 10:58:21 pm »

Ayy! Also I think you should do your turn in the castle of bizzare magical items.
Actually, I'd like to drop out. Sorry about that.

Did anything I have done so far trigger the effect of your hidden card?
All Reactions are designed in a way that a player doesn't have to interrupt their turn.
Note: For the case of Fallacy's "That ain't how it happened," a player automatically ends their turn after a presumed victory.

Hey tomasque. Remember my opera submission? I would like your thoughts and ruling on that since the words are in Italian, but the lyrics are translated to English.
I'm going to rule no on that one. I don't want to open the door for people trying to feed me bogus lyrics to impact their deck - they're going to have to look for an actual song if they want to do that.
 Also, I already started doing your alternate, and I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out.

... Right GM?
Right.

I am kind of anxious to see what the GM makes of my song... The guy who made it makes some great songs. (Gm would it be OK for me to reveal who made the song I am using?)
Feel free, it just won't count for guess points, then.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2018, 11:04:47 pm »

Just a thought for the GM but in case anyone wants to play games with more than two players you might want to change that's the story. Because it would really suck for someone to play that and then have it resolve before all players get a turn, causing Fallacy of urist, or anyone else with the card, to win the game before everyone has had a chance to react. Finally, should we set up separate topics for the actual games? And have this topic just be the central hub, just to make it easier for multiple games to go on at once?
Also my song was made by supergiant games' Darren Korb. If anyone can't find a good song I would recommend they look at the soundtracks he has made for supergiant games, they are quite phenomenal, and there are several with good lyrics to use.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2018, 11:15:49 pm »

Here's a bit of a funny question. The thread title says "Collectible Card Game". Does that mean it is somehow possible to... Collect... Cards?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19