Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A post-apoc mod in progress!  (Read 665 times)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
A post-apoc mod in progress!
« on: April 28, 2018, 04:41:41 pm »

Thats right kiddies! My own take on a postnuclear world, with a twist! I'm keeping things loyal to DF to some regard (being fantasy still and all that) while completely reworking some things. (For example, the playable civs)

Any ideas from you guys? I already have the first playable civ started (ant people who evolved), and I'm working on one of the first Bestial categories (insects that are more than megafauna)

Realizing someone else is taking up a similar project, I  simply must put my lore in to avoid plagiarism.

This mod takes place long after a cataclysm that wiped out existing nations. what it was is unknown. Some say it was a necromancer truly mastering life and death. Others think it was Armok himself wiping the anvil clean. Still others thing some dwarf created a "Super-beer" which got lost in an atom smasher, causing not a mere tantrum spiral, but the entire world to bathe in alcoholic fire.

Whatever it was, one thing is clear: The world ended. Civilizations collapsed...

What happened to each of them?

Dwarves: Dwarven society didnt collapse after the end, unlike most. Dwarves locked themselves in their mountainhomes and began to preserve whatever knowledge and technology they had (imagine the Brotherhood of Steel). They developed a way to synthesize an adamantine-like metal while locked away, but they also went slowly insane from the fumes it's invention caused. They steal babies to experiment on, and items, to study. Theyre enemies with everyone due to such.

Elves: Elves fled to caves when the end came, and went insane from the lack of trees surrounding them. Theyre evil now. Though, werent they always?~

Goblins and humans: Gobbos and humans shared a fate. After the end, they ran deep underground through cave systems and the few dwarf forts that didnt seal on time. There, they adapted and became nomads. They've become surprisingly peaceful, though they have nothing to trade.

Kobolds: I dunno yet, this is a WIP.

Then some other civs rose, i'll mention them in updates.

Just tryin to build hype and get ideas
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:48:40 pm by Kyubee »
My (long abandoned) mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A post-apoc mod in progress!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 11:14:19 am »

If I could give a suggestion for the kobolds, maybe have them have achieved speech and built some kind of society proper

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: A post-apoc mod in progress!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 04:55:34 pm »

Yeah, for sure
My (long abandoned) mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.