Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I convert Corpse slaves into pets/civilians?  (Read 563 times)

teddybear599

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can I convert Corpse slaves into pets/civilians?
« on: April 27, 2018, 10:31:56 pm »

I have been playing around as a necromancer adventurer the past few days and have noticed that I cant actually control my slaves in any meaningful way and the only real use they have is to carry 20-30 bodies with me and mass animate them and watch the mayham!!!!!!!    mwuhahahahahaha    *cough* *cough*

so between reading what happens in fortress mode with necromancer allies and the like,  is it possible to edit the raws and turn my slaves into civilians or pets? it would be great fun for my Love of the undead to gather a mass of 100+ animals and such and assign them to raid some town or have a disembodied hand crafting steel weapons.

at the least id like them to not attack other necromancers (a fortress full of necromancers shouldnt have to worry about some bored teenager turning an invasion into a bigger problem)

*science I've found*  some of which id like to mod/fix
-undead do not pick up anything to better arm themselves
-necro towers seem to have a small horde with nothing but cloths to defend themselves
-undead will not attack other undead even if said undead hydra is attempting to eat its master
-companions seem to run away from undead *only tested with undead hydra*
-necromancers can drowned with swimming skill if they can not walk *like if say a hydra ate your leg*
-necromancers cant regrow lost limbs like werebeasts can
-necromancers cant use their powers to restore nerve damage or attach stolen limbs onto missing parts
-corpse slaves turn victims into un-animatable corpses.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Can I convert Corpse slaves into pets/civilians?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 08:47:59 am »

Not with raws, but dfhacks make-own allows that. Both the old Warlock mode for Masterwork 34.11 and the new succubus by Boltgun use it to force creatures to become civ-members.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::