Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Lands of Blood and Fortune: A test  (Read 16125 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Lands of Blood and Fortune: A test
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2018, 05:22:05 pm »

Get away from anything that might fall, but next to something that would shield me from a landslide.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2018, 10:14:16 am »

Ana grabbed that whistle and blew it as much times as it would take to signal an alarm to the rest of the group!

"Natural disaster happening! Earthquake! Get to stable ground; bolt down what needs to be bolted!"
Alright, well that whistle is an efficient way to wake everyone up. So I'm going to assume everyone was woken up by the whistle and now has a chance to act before anything happens.

Get up, take shelter, attempt to determine what bad thing is happening and where it is coming from.
[2v1]
Judging by the shaking, you're pretty sure there's an earthquake going on.  You're outside, away from any sort of overhanging cliffs or walls so...you're pretty sure the best thing to do is just to stay where you are until the thing stops; taking shelter just means the chance of the shelter falling on your head.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2018, 10:18:02 am »

Oh hey, guess it's time to stay right where I am and do nothing in reaction to the thing that I can't do anything about, yay. Prepare to, like, dodge some rocks or something.
Also light my torch if we don't have enough light.

Spoiler: Map with path (click to show/hide)

Inventory

Spoiler: Egan_BW, Pathfinder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin, Observer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ozarck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tomasque (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2018, 10:46:49 am »

I'll just chill then. Is the landscape changing noticeably?

"Huh. Wonder why the shaking didn't wake me up?"

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2018, 08:16:35 pm »

I'll stand in the middle of the ravine, so debris falling down the sides won't land on me.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2018, 10:59:33 am »

Oh hey, guess it's time to stay right where I am and do nothing in reaction to the thing that I can't do anything about, yay. Prepare to, like, dodge some rocks or something.
Also light my torch if we don't have enough light.

Spoiler: Map with path (click to show/hide)

Inventory

I'll just chill then. Is the landscape changing noticeably?

"Huh. Wonder why the shaking didn't wake me up?"
I'll stand in the middle of the ravine, so debris falling down the sides won't land on me.

After being woken up, everyone just kind of stands around and waits for the tremor to end. A few rocks slide down into the ravine with them in cascades of gravel but nothing major. After the tremor passes, the become aware of something new. On the Horizon to the east is a new light; not the light of dawn but a sickly purple-green light. It illuminates the fog still hanging over the lands further east, giving the entire area a strange, otherworldly hue, and lightning crackles through the fog in huge, erratic streams. The source of the light seems to be straight east, but its hard to tell because of how diffuse it is.

Ana in particular feels a strange prickling sensation across her skin when she looks out at that distant light.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2018, 01:34:13 pm »

"Not a good thing. Not a good sign. Stay out of the light. At least that's what I'm giving meaning to when I feel prickly sensations as I stare at this!" Ana said as she looked at better sights--the rest of her party for one, and the path to get out of this area for another.

"When are we moving out Pathfinder? I'd rather a hat on my head now to keep myself from seeing this...garish sunlight."

Wear wide brimmed hat? Or that other headwear that gets you away from rain/heat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2018, 09:47:03 pm »

Tars deadpans "As soon as it becomes light again, Ana"

"It would not be wise to travel in the dark. We would lose our way.
Cartographer, mark the location of that light on our map. Twenty miles due east. Unless I'm mistaken, that storm marks our objective.

Continue resting until dawn. Once the sun's up, check if the fog's cleared up and if we can see more of the terrain to the east. Then proceed east through the mud plains, and keep going east until sundown unless there's a compelling reason not to.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Inventory

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2018, 10:00:05 pm »

Going with the group

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2018, 08:51:42 am »

"Not a good thing. Not a good sign. Stay out of the light. At least that's what I'm giving meaning to when I feel prickly sensations as I stare at this!" Ana said as she looked at better sights--the rest of her party for one, and the path to get out of this area for another.

"When are we moving out Pathfinder? I'd rather a hat on my head now to keep myself from seeing this...garish sunlight."

Wear wide brimmed hat? Or that other headwear that gets you away from rain/heat.

Tars deadpans "As soon as it becomes light again, Ana"

"It would not be wise to travel in the dark. We would lose our way.
Cartographer, mark the location of that light on our map. Twenty miles due east. Unless I'm mistaken, that storm marks our objective.

Continue resting until dawn. Once the sun's up, check if the fog's cleared up and if we can see more of the terrain to the east. Then proceed east through the mud plains, and keep going east until sundown unless there's a compelling reason not to.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Inventory

Going with the group
Ti puts on her wide brimmed hat, not that it helps much, before going to bed. Oz takes over her watch.

Tick tock

And now, after a series of hidden rolls in which Ti continued to roll 1.  Ti gains +1 Strength and +1 Dex, -1 Nerve.  She wakes up along with everyone else, doesn't bother to get dressed or put on shoes or literally anything, and just starts walking west. From their vantage points around her, everyone can see that her face and any exposed skin is crisscrossed with purplish veins and what looks like small fruiting bodies are growing out from lesions in her skin.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2018, 09:48:56 am »

"Hey! You're going the wrong way! Exploration time is the other way!"

Attempt to ascertain whether Ti is in her right mind, and what the heck is up with her face. Assume it has a connection with the light from last night, and work from there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2018, 09:59:47 am »

Ah dammit, I've been reading the time display wrong I saw this turn and started wondering why dawn is apparently lasting twice as long today. Then I looked closer and realized that that's just the top of the token.
*ER feels dumb

Response to our... situation when I have access to a proper keyboard. Rest assured that Tars will seize it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2018, 02:03:45 pm »

"LOOK, DO NOT TOUCH. Stay away, might be infectious!"

Tars is going to run forwards and into Ana's path, but staying a decent distance away. That is far enough away that a cloud of spores wouldn't reach and any blood splatter from Ana also would not reach. If the wind is blowing directly in this direction, pick a slightly different spot so that no spores can blow on me.

"ANA, HALT! COME TO YOUR SENSES IMMEDIATELY OR ELSE I WILL BE FORCED TO HARM YOU! I REPEAT, STOP WHERE YOU STAND!"

Ready a spear. If Ana keeps walking forwards, backpedal until it becomes clear that she'll wander into the wilderness before coming to her senses. If this is the case, throw a spear. If that doesn't stop (not kill) her, follow up with throwing knives until it does.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2018, 11:09:00 am »

Tom, Sy, and ATH have all gone silent on us...this is a bad sign.

Quantum pocket them or do we allow others to control them?

I vote control.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2018, 11:12:30 am »

Sigh is apparantly playing a game where he sees how long he can get away without posting.

I hope people haven't lost interest in this. If they have I might now know how Radio feels about DIG.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11