Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Lands of Blood and Fortune: A test  (Read 16136 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Lands of Blood and Fortune: A test
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2018, 08:23:23 am »

Oh hey, you ended up using that google docs tetris system we worked out, neat.

this inventory system might work on an individual basis, but as a group project, it invites confusion and delay. And headaches.

I didn't consider having to do group tetris, but even then this is probably still the most convenient way of doing it outside of programming a whole new thing for it.

(Well, except for just dropping it and going with item weights, but then one loses the tetris angle, and that's terrible.  :o )

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2018, 10:27:06 am »

My thanks to the mysterious person who added stuff to my inventory.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2018, 11:00:57 am »

Alrighty then, here we go.

Ti is our pathfinder, other two jobs still need to be assigned. To make it faster, whoever has the highest knowledge should be cartographer, and whoever has the highest awareness should be observer.

We're starting at 0104, outside the Inn.  Here's our period counter (current period on top) and the existing, guesswork map they gave you.

On the overland map the Pathfinder is the one who decides where the group is going, hopefully with input from everyone else.  So, Ti, if you would. Preferably in the form of a series of hexes to travel through rather than just one, since you might not find something in every hex.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:42:28 am by piecewise »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2018, 11:02:09 am »

I already picked cartographer on my sheet, though it looks like nobody noticed. :P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2018, 11:17:41 am »

I already picked cartographer on my sheet, though it looks like nobody noticed. :P
Alright, thats two jobs filled. Just need observer.

Who here has elf eyes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2018, 11:33:53 am »

Here is our brave crew of freaks, compiled:

Spoiler: Tiruin, Pathfinder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan_BW, Cartographer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ozarck, Observer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tomasque (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

It looks like the only person with really good awareness is... Tiruin. Can one person do multiple jobs? If not, Oz should do it, with his 8 awareness.
Uh, is cunning the stat mostly used for pathfinding? If so we should change it so I'm pathfinder, Ti is observer, and ATH is cartographer, as that plays better to our stats, and IMO our character's personalities.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:35:44 am by Egan_BW »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2018, 11:37:37 am »

Here is our brave crew of freaks, compiled:

Spoiler: Tiruin, Pathfinder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan_BW, Cartographer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ozarck, Observer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)

It looks like the only person with really good awareness is... Tiruin. Can one person do multiple jobs? If not, Oz should do it, with his 8 awareness.
Uh, is cunning the stat mostly used for pathfinding? If so we should change it so I'm pathfinder, Ti is observer, and ATH is cartographer, as that plays better to our stats, and IMO our character's personalities.
Pathfinding uses a few stats though cunning is probably most vital.  And no, so long as there are at least 3 people, no doubling up on jobs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2018, 11:47:25 am »

...Alright, here's what I think our roles should be, then:

Spoiler: Egan_BW, Pathfinder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin, Observer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ozarck (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2018, 12:01:42 pm »

...Alright, here's what I think our roles should be, then:

Alright, then as pathfinder, choose a path. Preferably several hexes so that we're not doing one hex a post. Not every hex will have something terribly interesting in it. If you find something, I'll stop the party and we'll go from there

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2018, 12:02:41 pm »

Very short post, but I won't personally blame or have the existence of it being towards you when if we mess up, Egan_BW. I trust in the test of good narrative and presumed competence because that makes fun.

Also the idea of blame is all from the silliness in discord. :v

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2018, 12:32:40 pm »

Egan, could Ozarck be the pathfinder? They have the same level of cunning as you, but also have higher intuition and awareness, which seem like they could be secondary stats for the job.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2018, 02:21:58 pm »

My thanks to the mysterious person who added stuff to my inventory.
I wonder who that could be?

going with Egan's numbers from the Tetris, I have added the following inventory items. I think this gets us cose to our limit, but not over. Not really sure though. Looks like someone else might have added or edited some stuff.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

that's basically everything from my recommended list except booze, oilcloths, air bladder (someone else seems to have added this), and I didn't get rid of the arrows, torch, or tinderbox.

this inventory system might work on an individual basis, but as a group project, it invites confusion and delay. And headaches.

I noticed. I didn't think it was necessary to discuss at the time, and it wasn't like you were a bad choice for the job.

Egan, could Ozarck be the pathfinder? They have the same level of cunning as you, but also have higher intuition and awareness, which seem like they could be secondary stats for the job.
I'm fine with teh group as is, though if you guys want, I'd be okay taking over Pathfinder. I like charting courses.

That said, since our goals are to explore the area and to find that bright light that happened eastward, I'd probably chart us a course like:
Hex 205, 206, 305 304. Reason being: we update the map on the river course, and we start looking at those mountain ranges for passes. It's a bit of a roundabout way to get there, but that gives us data on the nearby area, anyway. Remember, the map is allegedly mostly conjecture at this point.

I'd also be fine with a direct route east, or a variation thereof. 204, 304, 404 would put us right across, obviously. Provided that the mountains are reasonably passable. They could be hills (2 periods per hex), or pathed mountains (3 periods per hex), or unpathed (4 periods per hex)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2018, 03:33:35 pm »

My plan is to simply proceed east two hexes. According to the info we have that's apparently the easiest place to cross the mountains, and what we can see from up there will determine our route so I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves.

Spoiler: Map with path (click to show/hide)

Inventory

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 04:48:51 pm by Egan_BW »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2018, 06:34:04 pm »

You move into the woods to the east.  The woods here are thick, with dense undergrowth and spreading roots that turn the ground into a knobbled mess. As you move through, Ana notices something behind a tree. Its a dead animal; a deer, though you can only really tell that because of the antlers. The creature is curled against the tree, both the ground around it and the body itself are charred black. Little of the deer's flesh is left as anything more than fragile black charcoal, but its bones are intact. The bones show signs of some sort of odd growth; the antlers are hugely asymetrical in size and shape, and there are what look like nascent growths of other bones and maybe even limbs. Several of the bones have cracked and a very dark purplish powder is visible within.

Stop to investigate further or carry on?  Investigating more won't take any more periods unless you REALLY spend some time here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2018, 06:52:22 pm »

...Tempted to say "nah, let's not fuck with whatever caused this". Thoughts?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11