Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Lands of Blood and Fortune: A test  (Read 16114 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Lands of Blood and Fortune: A test
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2018, 01:12:36 pm »

This is probably bleeding insane, but maybe we could just spend the entire team fund on an elephant rifle, just so that we can deal effloadsa damage when needed.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2018, 01:22:38 pm »

I think we should stick with basics for now. I'd rather not put all our eggs in one basket, then hand that basket to one nutcase (whichever of us that may be).

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2018, 04:34:09 pm »

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Overspent by 5, but I'm willing to share the expensive climbing equipment so I don't see that as unfair.  Also not doing any inventory grid work since I have way more strength than needed to carry all that.

I'm not against dumping 25% of our money on an elephant rifle, but the guy carrying it will need to chip in some of his personal funds.  Both because I overspent and because he'll need to buy ammo too.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2018, 07:29:12 pm »

I've gone and set up our bags as well as I can given current information. Think I'll need for ATH to decide on belt items and worn clothing (that second one might be a bit odd for the construct... Maybe it is technically naked? Maybe we should buy her armor to reflect the description of bronze plates?), Tiruin to pick items in general, Tomasque to properly clothe himself and, I unno, maybe pack a few snacks for the road? And Oz might want to buy some more items, and we still need to decide how to spend the team fund...

Oh, I just noticed that I missed that ATH actually defined belt and worn items already.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:31:12 pm by Egan_BW »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2018, 10:22:55 pm »

Ok I've gone slippy and went to grab many general items in my sheet that people haven't, so unless there's an accident that wipes our inventory, we're technically prepared for all situations.

I'll be shoving in the Inventory Item Managing Sheet that people made, and the Inventory Tetris sheet that Piece made
Which would be awesome if the former was in another sheet on the same page as the latter, but that stops multiple tabs! :P I've filled in the managing sheet with everything I got as of this point.
But that includes a +155 to my 500 expenditure, grabbing personal items...
Although, ATH and another did save from using 125 money in their own sheets...

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2018, 11:16:50 pm »

I've finished making my inventory, and it costs exactly 500. All I need now is a Bed Roll, so would anyone mind if I appropriated 150 from the Group Funds?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2018, 03:23:15 am »

If the inventory sheet Tomasque provided is accurate, we have 1095 left to spend.
looking over the sheet, I have no objections to what everyone has spent so far - especially since some of that (the lighting and the climbing gear, the sample sets, etc) are team oriented items anyway.

I suggest we spend the remaining money on:
3 bedrolls (450)
1 folding ladder (100)
2 fur cloaks (100)
3 straw capes (30)
3 wide brimmed hats (45)
2 sun cloaks (40)
1 bundle of arrows or throwing knives (20)
2 rations (20)
3 canteens (60)

that's 845, so that would leave us with 250

The clothing and consumables are for those currently lacking in those areas. The ammo is to lesh out our ranged combat a bit. Anpother option there is a pistol and two boxes of ammo. The cost of 330 means we'd have to cut back somewhere else on my list.

otherwise, my character is a bit light in the melee department, which is fine, but if you like, I couldget an ax (70). useful as a tool and in battle.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2018, 03:33:48 am »

I won't argue with any of that provided that somebody else figures out who carries everything.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2018, 11:17:12 am »

Seems we're almost ready. I'll get this out of the way and when everyone is done, we'll start.

About a week ago, sometime around midnight, a huge flash of light and what was described as a roar was heard from somewhere beyond the mountains on the frontier, to the east. Its a large section of unmapped and only vaguely explored territory beyond our furthest settlements. There are no roads, no camps, nothing out that way. Even the map we have of it, seen here

is mostly conjecture. You lot  have been tasked with a multipart job.  Your major goal is to find out what caused the disturbance; that takes precedent above anything else. Beyond that they want more accurate maps of the area and hopefully some sort of proof or evidence of what you find out here.

You start at "The Lady in Green" an inn out on the outskirts of the furthest farmlands, mostly catering to trappers, farmers, and log cutters in the area. You can see it there on 0104.

Now, do we have people assigned to the three jobs? Pathfinder, Cartographer and Observer?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2018, 11:30:18 am »

I can carry a lot of the extra stuff. Unless someone objects or wants to specifically carry some of those items, (e.g. person with  bow wanting the arrows), I'll put everything there in my inventory.

@piecewise I won't be able to put them in the grid until tonight. Can we safely assume that they fit?
  Also what did you use to make that grid?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2018, 01:50:32 pm »

I have added all the items from my recommended list to both the inventory page from Tomasque, and the Tetris page.

I am noting some things we have bought that are not accounted for on the Tetris:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finally, the inventory page of Tomasque's currently has us purchasing 4250 worth of items. I believe this puts us 250 over the limit. I think this is because some of the information there is out of date.

I think we could do without:

this would put us at exactly 4000 (3980 if we dropped 3 tinderboxes) monies spent, and I think would leave us with a good expedition list. it would also mean that many fewer items to add to the Tetris.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2018, 02:17:01 pm »

Okay, I've done the best count that I can manage, and the expense of all the things *actually on the inventory tetris* is 3220.

Please please please, if you buy additional items, add it to the tetris page, and add the expense on that same page.
If you can't or won't add your items to that page, get someone else to.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2018, 04:26:51 pm »

Ok so we start tomorrow and I'm going by whatever is on the tetris page at that point.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2018, 05:55:00 am »

Now, do we have people assigned to the three jobs? Pathfinder, Cartographer and Observer?
Pathfinder reporting here, or at least...that's what I assume as the other folks didn't vote for any of those :P

Ok so we start tomorrow and I'm going by whatever is on the tetris page at that point.
I sadly got lost because I was operating on the list of goods in #, page, instead :-\

1 oil beacon, leaving 0
Aww :-\ No oil beacon.
Also a tinderbox is quite reuseable for its size.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2018, 07:33:50 am »

going with Egan's numbers from the Tetris, I have added the following inventory items. I think this gets us cose to our limit, but not over. Not really sure though. Looks like someone else might have added or edited some stuff.

that's basically everything from my recommended list except booze, oilcloths, air bladder (someone else seems to have added this), and I didn't get rid of the arrows, torch, or tinderbox.

this inventory system might work on an individual basis, but as a group project, it invites confusion and delay. And headaches.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11