Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll To Eat Souls. WEEKLY-(Waitlist open!)(Turn 1!)  (Read 12827 times)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Eat Souls. WEEKLY-(Signups open)
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2018, 03:53:36 pm »

this looks fun and stupid
name is {REDACTED}
power: quantum mechanics shenanigans (must be touching on a macro scale) 
backstory {REDACTED}
P.s. known as p42
That sounds OP as fuck.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2018, 04:02:15 pm »

name is {REDACTED}
backstory {REDACTED}
P.s. known as p42
That sounds OP as fuck.
I think it more depends on how much our GM actually knows about quantum mechanics. Because this character should be effectively completely powerless. I mean, yay, you can reposion or make questionable the position of any single given subatomic particle that you are touching for a moment on a macro scale... which has no practical applications whatsoever.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2018, 04:05:49 pm »

name is {REDACTED}
backstory {REDACTED}
P.s. known as p42
That sounds OP as fuck.
I think it more depends on how much our GM actually knows about quantum mechanics. Because this character should be effectively completely powerless. I mean, yay, you can reposion or make questionable the position of any single given subatomic particle that you are touching for a moment on a macro scale... which has no practical applications whatsoever.
So it's pretty much awesome but impratical?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2018, 04:09:46 pm »

The most effective thing they could do would be to cause a nuclear reaction, which A) will probably not be a chain reaction because not the right materials for that, resulting in nothing even close to the energy release of a nuclear bomb or reactor, and B) will be occuring at touch range, so if it DOES manage to be a chain-reaction, will not be healthy for the user.

There are some chemistry applications as well, but because they'd be happening one molecule at a time, it wouldn't actually acomplish anything. one molecule of cyanide will not poison anyone for example.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2018, 04:27:05 pm »

name is {REDACTED}
backstory {REDACTED}
P.s. known as p42
That sounds shenanigans as fuck.
I think it more depends on how much our GM actually knows about quantum mechanics. Because this character should be effectively completely powerless. I mean, yay, you can reposition or make questionable or shenanigan the position of any single given subatomic particle that you are touching for a moment on a macro scale... which has no practical applications whatsoever.
So it's pretty much awesome but impractical?
more of the dude that will make the floor have no collision while floating then make it solid again with you stuck in it so yeah lol the big thing is that once he stops touching it it will revert(the state that is) or merge things together (woo nuclear shenanigans) or just be a nuisance teleporting wherever he wants or just break everything. (also I think I should tell the backstory of this... thing)
literally popped into existence looks sort of glitchy and cant speak. more of makes glitchy sounds you somehow understand. very unsettling to be around (fixed some things)
btw that's macro scale (this is pure shenanigan)
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2018, 04:29:26 pm »

so snipe with lasers,thanks for the heads up fam ;)

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2018, 04:32:06 pm »

that is likely to pass right through (unless i'm unaware even then not a good idea seeing as I am a son of a glitch) ps he would also make some pun about that being... shocking  :D

(edit: thought you said taze sorry he would most likely stop the light and have it teleport behind you then make some pun about it being enlightening :D :D )
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:36:02 pm by Lunardog15 »
everything is fine
 everything is on fire

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2018, 04:35:31 pm »

Are you sure his powers are not making horrible puns?

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2018, 04:39:41 pm »

Are you sure his powers are not making horrible puns?
that would be fun too but THAT be OP eg he sees you says KNIFE to meet you and boom your dead  8) naw thats stupid overpowerd
or he could shoot you with his PUN XD
everything is fine
 everything is on fire

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2018, 04:48:44 pm »

did i kill the thread?
everything is fine
 everything is on fire

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2018, 04:51:37 pm »

You appear to be used to chatrooms. many people only post about once a day, some less. our GM for example declared that this will only update weekly, so it might be several days between people even bothering to look at the thread. you won't be killing the thread unless nobody posts for a month.

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2018, 04:53:26 pm »

sorry I killed a chat room before with puns so...
I was afraid it happened again
everything is fine
 everything is on fire

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2018, 05:00:54 pm »

So what exactly are the powers of your character anyway? you seem to be trying to combo at least: phasing, flight, teleportation, material changing, and disintegration. Any one of which is a strong power. and you are also adding in basically a blank check to make up other powers on the fly. for example changing the amount of energy in a molecule -> flame manipulation, ice manipulation, and sound manipulation. changing the position of light particles -> illusion generation.

I mean seriously, since you're asking to make the entire laws of physics be under your domain, you're basically asking to run a straight-up reality warper, able to do literally anything that crosses your mind.

oh, and touch-range isn't a signifigant limiter on a phaseing teleporter. at all.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2018, 05:07:22 pm »

At least put some weakness, like shitty reflexes or somethin.

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2018, 05:09:32 pm »

the thing is that all of this really tires him out the bigger the object the more tired he becomes but he is also a glass canion he trips and boom koed/dead
so like lets say -5 points per ft^2 with 50 points over all which would probably come back over time like 10 per hour?
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12