Home Fleet
- 2 (28.6%)
Rage Across The Heavens:
- 4 (57.1%)
Ruin Scape:
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Orbiter: The End  (Read 15856 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter: Sci fi Suggestion game/Arms Race hybrid.
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2018, 05:02:43 pm »

Both, yes. I have like two more hours, so, well crap that's not as much time as I thought.

Sorry, this semester's over and I'm trying to get moved out of the dorm tonight so I can drive all of tomorrow. I'll try, very hard to make an action set for this turn tonight.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2018, 05:07:15 pm »

Sorry, this semester's over and I'm trying to get moved out of the dorm tonight so I can drive all of tomorrow.
Ah. Got it.
Whelp, soon it'll be summer and there'll be a lot more time for everyone.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2018, 06:28:02 pm »

Well if you do not make the dead line it shifts to turn two. But you get this bonus.

Get a +1 forba total of 3 bonus next Arms Race Suggesstion.

Fair?

Because at 8 the NPCs do their thing here and then PCs turn two.

Notice: Of the three npc clans I generated with dice. Only one is at level/sector 9!( where all PCs are.)

Note about layers: Ship has nine layers. If attempt to crack wall to sector nine open a hole into space. Messy. But if you find eight. Well there are many ways around the walls. It is key to go to the one layer if want the best ending.

One of you already has one of the three tokens needed for best ending.

Five in total. Two of them everyone dies. Just differently.  The others one clan left standing or a United Nations thing.
Clock is ticking though people interrupt me in real life.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2018, 06:31:38 pm »

I suspect that "best ending" is "get the ship working again". Given that, I suspect that it's either my group or Madman's that has the "token".

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2018, 06:55:42 pm »

The nanofactory is almost certainly capable of reconstructing the ship itself....but we also need command and control, sensors, and repopulation including food animals and plants...which might fall under the purview of your device, Glass.

I'm writing my actions now. Going to be a bit light on (read: completely devoid of) fluff, but it'll be there momentarily.

Tyrant you deleted the entirety of the first post, I need references for the technology that I have available!

EDIT2:
OK done
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 07:22:33 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2018, 09:20:53 pm »

Gear: Note can revise or make own stuff. The below are samples. Please note one can keep making new stuff in Arms Race.

Melee Weapons:
1: Big Knife; Big freakken knife, starting melee weapon.
2: Claws: Fore arm blades for slicing and stabbing.
3: Blade: Now a sword. Refined metallic weapon, comes in many sizes/shapes.
4: Wrecking Rod: A shaft of metal with wires connect to a spherical end for smashing.
5: Energy Blade: A blade of compressed energy. Kills stealth and needs battery, but does the job.
6: Pyrotechnic Axe: A axe which the blade is super-heated to cook things with heat, while slashing.
7: Liquid Metal Weapon: A shaft, with base on buttons and skills, liquid metal shoots up and forms into blade in question. A surprise spear or sword.
8: Power Glove: Gets to hold weapon, but can punch things to death or grab target and crush skulls.

Ranged Weapons:
1: Bow and Arrow: Basic starting ranged weapon. Only good news is easy to craft, also can reuse arrows until they break, ad can craft trick arrows.
2: Slug Pistol: Basic bullet based projectile held in one hand.
3: Smart Gun: A Rifle, that has computer program with safety functions so only it’s “master” can use it or one who hacks those codes. It’s a semi-automatic rifle with a grenade attachment.
4: Machine Gun: A big gun that sprays the area with lead.
5: Harpoon Launcher: A really big gun, fires harpoons which are basically spears. It penetrates and bleeds, not to mention big holes.
6: Bazooka: A tube that fires out shells that go boom.
7: Gaus Revolver: A big pistol with eight chambers, that fire gaus ammo.
8: Alloy Gun: A shotgun that fires super-heated alloy bits.
9: Lightning Gun: Short ranged electric gun. Can stun, or kill.
10: Laser Rifle: It’s a sniper rifle, just fires quick moving energy to burn target.
11: Plasma Thrower: A flame thrower, but it fires out plasma stream instead of flames.
12: Crusher Beam: Fires out raw compressed particle/kinetic energy to punch targets with holes or outright crush them.
13: Shrapnel Grenade: Pull pin, toss, explodes and the sharp metal aspect does damage.
14: Fire Bomb: Just like above, but lights target zone in fire.
15: Kinetic Grenade: Toss and what it hits gets hit with a ton of force. For breaking armor, vehicles and bodies.
16: Sticky Grenade: Press button and toss. Air exposure turns on adhesion field. It hits, sticks, then blows up in target area.

Defense:
1: Animal Hide: Chemically treated anial hide, as basic as it comes.
2: Bone Armor: Now replaced by animal bones, the tougher bones that is.
3: Rattan Armor: Made from Wood d Plant Fiber, protects well against low powered cutting, sucks against flame.
4: Chitin Armor: Armor made from remains of plates, big bug plates.
5: Metal Armor: Junk armor. It is made from junk/scarp.
6: Ceramic Armor: A thick fiber suit with plates on inside woven in to absorb extra damage.
7: Exoskeleton: Plated armor that has muscle motors to allow the cripple to walk. Or a automail arm to replace lost arm. Almost power armor, but has lamer fueling process.
8: Power Armor: Motorized power armor that keeps people alive.
9: Jotun: It’s a Hulk Buster style powered armor.
10: Phoenix Armor: it flies, tanks damage and comes stored with rocket guided pods of destruction.
11: Force Wall: Toss ball, energy field springs up to soak damage for a bit.
12: Adaptive Shield: Halo style regenerating energy field.

Vehicles:
1: Sky Cycle: A flying motor cycle. Fast, does not offer much protection.
2: APC: A armored personal carrier that can transport troopers. Also decently armed, the problem is their ground bound. So less mobile.
3: Behemoth: A tank. Yes, an honest to goodness tank. It is solid, but not as mobile as others.
4: Crawler: A tank on spider legs for easier mobility.
5: Sky Runner; A small air craft that is akin to fighter or bomber. That has wings that beat like a birds.
5: Soldier: A exo frame that is humanoid and is armed to the teeth.
6: Hopper: A massive machine that walks or does jet booster assisted jumps. Armed with heavy mounted rocket launchers.
7: Thunder Saur: A robotic dinosaur from Hell that is armed to the teeth.

All starting non research gear.

God damn my family holding up my phone time. Got a early appointment tomorrow. Well npcs and turn 2 then.

Also as you made three actions. You saved day. Next time will deliver SG list of choices. As I think I screwed up too.

Now, to respond to your post then sleep.

Oh and to rebuild the ship would take three hundred years of game time. As the ship is a planetoid worth of mass. It is a soft ware, not hard ware problem with it.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2018, 09:24:01 pm »

Got it. So I'm the one with the "token".

Unless it's Abe, with his advisors. But more likely me.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2018, 09:36:17 pm »

Can I sign up for the forge patrol?
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2018, 09:43:06 pm »

YEs you may. Their turn is done but tomorrow, all will be fresh again.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2018, 10:30:27 am »

Notice: Tech stuff is hidden until encounter. But see results of told.

NPC Turn:

Aragamai

They were having another day in the hub. Next to a wall with “7” marked in the wall. They took the advancer of security.

First thing they did was build a wall. It is a pitiful construction attempt as the people clearly had no idea what they are doing (1) so the defenses were there. But in a serious attack it would. Evlike card board. So did best to cover it with Plant matter. Make it seem like a derelict building.

The next thing they did was attempt to make a multistory farm arrangement.

(5 of 6)

It worked! Now more layers for growth. And thus more food and plant fibers. Yay. 2 Farm ( as you can use commands to improve stats. But only up to +2. Tech improvement/Arms Race causes faster climb)

Last thing they did was explore.

+ 20 results.

They discovered the wreckage of a fallen community. Ruined vehicles for scrap, food, guns and ammo.

Total findings:

50 weight worth in scrap
5 Slug pistols
4 Smart Guns
3 boxes of grenades ( fire bomb ones)
3 units worth of metal/junk armor
70 in meat
90 in vegetables
60 units in lumber

Super secret project:

5,3,6=6,4,6 results.

Pax:

After being denied access by Forgers. The Leader was enraged. “ What the Hell man! I am trying to save us all.”

The wall they were next to, was a eight. Meaning a layer away. With that they explored.

Three explores

First:

Find a tiny tribe of transhuman workers. They were gene mod to be bug people. They allow them to stay.

Second tribe they discover a tower, inside the tower they find a orb with number combination.

+ plot item

Third

They found a blocked off path by debris and wrecks. Spend day clearing it so tomorrow they can explore there. Had to spend night out there. Lost five people to wild animals that were not caught.

Research time:

Secret project:
1,2,5. Altered to 3,2,5

As for nomad traders. They are in layer nine with you guys. So their tech progress will be shown.

The Nomads spent all two of their three turns stripping what could be found of interest in their starter location.

70 lumber
180 all three foods
60 Scrap Metal
5 ores
8 oil
10 coal

The third turn a band of people who were apparently transhuman beings approached. They were allowed to stay.

Mobile Wagon Convoy: So can be a true mobile base and farm/craft and have mobile builds.

5,4,6= 6,4,6

It works perfectly as plans for other ttavela Law Constructs In work.

Last thing.

Book of Law 4.

How to handle New Comers. As some have thought of making them servants for the original tribe.

No, all Sapient life deserve freedom (morale/morality boost.)

Hell yeah Slaves ( can now donttade with slave people, they get half a food unit to feed, and will do base stuff. Note that they may try a uprising.)

Even better, Battle Thralls.

This pick, means the slaves are put in cryo sleep and only show up for warfare. So bigger armies, will need to find a way to co troll them though.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2018, 11:56:51 am »

And yes do what glass did. Other leaders: Post Law in your thread. Getting busy now. Latter post up events/SGs on all threads.

Edit: Maybe just start turn 2 after And Law can be added at any given time. Because we need momentum.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:37:04 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2018, 03:59:55 pm »

So, what's the ETA on stuff happening this turn?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2018, 04:07:46 pm »

Already starting stage begin of turn two.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2018, 08:30:04 pm »

Moderately important request: could we get a list of all the possible character traits and all the different Treasures? They're the last things that are still important that got lost in the demolition of the OP.

Also, you should probably put links to the posts where you explained game mechanics into the OP.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2018, 08:31:37 pm »

As a note Glass, I can almost guarantee at this point that you don't have anything that is needed for the best ending.
Having All knowing if not fully functional AIs is far more useful then I would have thought at first.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18