Home Fleet
- 2 (28.6%)
Rage Across The Heavens:
- 4 (57.1%)
Ruin Scape:
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Orbiter: The End  (Read 15851 times)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter: Tribes in Space
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 08:43:02 pm »

Look, a sheet!
Spoiler: memes and dreams (click to show/hide)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 09:44:35 pm »

Glass, the only issue I take with your sheet is your methods of arbitration. If you can redirect to a trial by combat system at any time, and the combat is non-lethal, almost risk free, there is massive potential for a skilled fighter to abuse the system.

As for leodanny,  I think your tribe would work better with the idea of them being scavengers instead of adventurers for your ethics/social norms. Adventurers are all fine and well, but they don't maintain a society when everyone is, while scavengers can maintain a society with the majority of people being scavengers
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 09:46:36 pm »

Glass, the only issue I take with your sheet is your methods of arbitration. If you can redirect to a trial by combat system at any time, and the combat is non-lethal, almost risk free, there is massive potential for a skilled fighter to abuse the system.
Fair enough. Suggestion for what to change it to?

EDIT: I changed it to having the second round being that the two parties go before a court of Justices, who make the decision; if you have to go to the Justices, it'll cost you, so that gives both parties a reason to settle it in arbitration.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:03:14 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2018, 09:52:49 pm »

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 09:55:25 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2018, 09:57:42 pm »

Some people will truly hate mine people.
Just a reminder, there's only two player-run teams. You do need to get people to vote for you.

Also, you're incompatible with Leo's group idea (you both lay claim to the armory).

EDIT: Anyway, g'night all.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:03:57 pm by Glass »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2018, 10:06:41 pm »

The way its written up, it really sounds like it should or would be a multiplayer game, with each player controlling a tribe, and as for the other issue you pointed out, it wasn't taken when I started writing, and I just now found out about that.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2018, 11:37:26 pm »

Hmmm I was thinking it can be multi player as in alliance of two teams verses another team of two allied tribe teams. Since this has grown so much.

Vote?

And thinking in the four tribes players can join said tribes ( as people migrate in all directions. There are aimless bands of people and folks still unclaimed in cryo sleep) So each tribe gets a creative team. To a extent.

If you guys are cool with it.

And comments.

Glass: Yes got to agree, the judgement thing makes sense but can abuse the hell out of it. Overall good though.

Leo: Yeah Being scavengers With Fire Power makes sense. Adventurer parties are met to save the day. And just go on adventure after adventure. That would mean base camp is easy pickings. Especially with Coslition Info Web manages to scout your area or the Spire spamming sensor reading.

Crazyabe: You Guys truly sound like a villain faction if there is need for one. Though got to warn you.

If your guys get votes and Leo does too. Gotta coin flip for the armory. And your guys sound beastly with a 20 score in combat and Armory treasure would be op. At first.

You made your support skills (especially tech.) really low. This means the Blackvuard with a tech of one. Will have to make very good rolls just to be able to handle the more complex items of the Armory and the ships grid space. And Heaven help you if get a event involving software/hardware skills like hacking turrets to switch to your side or a main frame regulation of environment stuff (recycling air and water.) goes bad.

As for those events. Low score means you will need to swallow a pride pill to access help or go extinct.

As for turrets? Keep in mind you could blow them up. People may be injured/killed. Big deal said kills become meat food units for you. But!

Precious, so precious quality ammo to do said Destruction will not come back. Gotta find that stuff, trade for it ( can trade pc or npc.) or scavenge it. If manage to get smart enough, make your own ammo. It’s possible.

As yeah you also can make buildings in this game for Said roles. Gotta make it a development/design.

Asking now:

Want two tribe alliance vs two tribe alliance with members joining said teams? To be Arms race with SG themes?

Or just one tribe verses another and we pick sides?

Note: Will be three npcs no matter what. Two are Tribes I will show tomorrow. The other? Wandering caravan convoy armed to the teeth that would love to “do business” items. Trade sort of thing.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 06:00:34 am »

I’d be interested in two-tribe alliance. Just got to say: it’s more interesting if who you’re allied with can change.

EDIT: Also, I did alter the dispute-resolution process...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:07:55 am by Glass »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 08:41:07 am »

I’d like the 2 player alliances thing.

Yo glass, wanna team up?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 08:48:29 am »

I’d be willing to. Let’s wait to see how the game will actually be set up, though, first.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 09:08:15 am »

Huh. I read the title and thought it was a thread in Other Games so I did a double take and thought "but Orbiter isn't like Tribes at all!"

There is your random observation for the day. As for the habe itself iunno, too long to read on mobile. Maybe later.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2018, 10:44:58 am »

Oh I plan to have it so Alliances can change on the go. As many things can cause radical change.

The only thing I am missing is a map to view. But I decided to do that Wanda Race style. Just “declare” each nine sectors as what they are and what’s there.

And yeah I personally will be two npcs and the npc convoy that goes around trying to make trade happen. The npcs get stats treatment too. So not op.

Thinking of making them soon.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter: Tribes in Space. Tribe Creation/Aliance sign up.
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2018, 12:59:38 pm »

Hmmmmm.. There are two ideas in mind for this lay out.

1: The current alliance vs alliance action. Will make two threads so people do not know what other side is doing. And should alliances shift we’ll do not ruin everyone’s info. As a kind of kindness/no meta gaming.

2: It can be rubbed like Kittytacs space game. Just with pre existing alliances and the ship will be even bigger (not in sectors but space they house.) So it can be all done in one thread and many more bonus tribes can emerge if “blank” unexplored stuff is still around.

Just trying to work out which system to make this work so information between each side can stay safe.

Waiting for Piratejow/other for team four. And will make npcs latter in day.

And tonight will dice roll/coin flip to who gets the Armory. Unless change is made before hand.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2018, 01:25:27 pm »

I think the first one, with a thread for each player-run tribe. Allied tribes can choose how much info they want to share.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2018, 01:47:04 pm »

So everyone of the four tribes get their own thread. I can make that work in subscribing with them all.

The only worry I have is my unclear writing method, may disrupt the plot/story. And as mentioned. My npcs are made under same creation rules so no cheating, except the convoy. They are not raiders though, they just want to make cash/business. Just do not think they will sacrifice their security in weapons/armor though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18