Home Fleet
- 2 (28.6%)
Rage Across The Heavens:
- 4 (57.1%)
Ruin Scape:
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Orbiter: The End  (Read 15843 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter: Tribes in Space. Tribe Hub thread.
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2018, 02:03:34 pm »

Just thinking: if you put something in the thread title that gave the message "this is a suggestion game/arms race mashup", we could probably get more players.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter: Sci fi Suggestion game/Arms Race hybrid.
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2018, 02:36:22 pm »

Done. Now for leodandy.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2018, 03:23:04 pm »

New post: What exactly does every stat does in clan build.

Combat: This is obvious.Afects Combat modifier along with weapons presented and also in war fare (PCs/npc conflict.) there will be a range of options and targets to add to juicy conflict theatre.

Tech: How well you can work the ancient machines on the ship. And if encountering a enemy tech/thing. Could reverse engineer to add on

Explore. How fast your foot people are. How hidden they are in movement, detecting things/modifier forbevents when traveling. And if the force is out too long/not home. They make camp to stay in wilderness. Modifier therevar How duccessful that goes.

Search: When in outside world, declare. Chances of finding neat items.

Farm: Add two zeros to stats. That’s how much fruit, vegetable, and plant fiber you generate.

Please note plant fiber has many uses in crafting or even trade. Why it counts.

Tame: Like farm, just how much meat your base generates and in the wild, tame animal to be added to collection. As big animals can give bone or chitin. Depending on type and can be used as attack pets/steeds in combat or transportation. Can even make nice pack animals.

Medical: When someone gets sick, poisoned or injured. How likely they will live. Notice that so far death has occurred due to scale of combat. It’s sort of a hp bar.

Engineer: Like Craft, but building bigger things, repair everything including items,building, vehicle and treasures. It also helps how fast/good a add on to base functions.

And yes one can improve stats two ways.

Arms Race designs or.. building base add ones. Though makes more stuff one has to defend. Like building s bigger or multi layered farm and such. ( As the building stat is engineering In regards to add ons.)

And once something is level twenty, cannot Improve anymore.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2018, 03:25:18 pm »

You didn't include Craft in the list. I assume it's for making stuff like handheld/worn equipment?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2018, 03:29:07 pm »

Yes.

Craft: Craft skill is how well one crafts hand held defenses, personal armor, ammo. And so forth More Craft, the more can makebwith said materials in question as a sign it has done a well defined art to it.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2018, 05:57:44 pm »

Notice: Treat Forge Smith as Researcher. Makes more sense in context.

Going to do descriptions of what has been rolled and in future setting up market value. For trade sake.

Also adding another stat with tech.

Higher the level, more extreme the Arms race tech concepts. But in reason as you are all just tribals from a failed high tech society, do not have the budget of a kingdom or anything.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 06:08:39 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2018, 06:33:04 pm »

PTW.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2018, 10:11:25 pm »

Notice: Leodandy is almost done. Crazyabe And Glass are done. Giving til Tuesday for forgers. The game will go to turn 2. Two day limit for catch up.

Oh and the Matrix thing does not do GM tech suggestion. Instead a second tech/research, two for one. Said thing in anothe layer of ship.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2018, 10:59:08 am »

I have an exam here in a couple of hours, I'll try to have something done by tonight, though.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2018, 11:10:49 am »

It’s alright. It’s Tursday the deadline so yeah. I understand real life has issues, Hell in latter half of May to some of Nune I am going to be mad busy apparently. So it goes both ways I guess.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2018, 05:03:14 pm »

Trade value post: As there is a npc faction that travels, trades, and looks for more resources for trading (they themselves are very well armed and know how to use them.)
Or when encountering another pc or what not. Can trade.

Food except Synth Meals: They are copper. Every ten units is worth one battery, five is worth a ammo.
Synth Meals: Worth four batteries as the super nutrition fills them up.
Ammo: Is Silver. Every two bullets equals a battery.
Craft Materials. They are worth ten bullets or two batteries.
Battery: The Gold Coin standard in this game.
Weapons: GM decides based on weapon in question as to the amount, fire rate, power, and distance of all variables. That’s the traders. With PCs. They get to make own price.
Armor: Some will be for sell. The NPC traders will go up to Ceramic Armor. Power armor? No way.

Oil, coal, and lumber are worth 30 Batteries.

Power Cells are worth 200 battery units.

PCS trading? That is up to them price of power armor. Vehicles? The Trader NPCs are all on wagon homes. The other stuff? Build, if want trade, do it for a PC thing. Discuss price. GM may refere it to be sure.

So yeah.

Food/copper
Ammo: Silver
Battery: Gold standard.

There. I know we Dwarf Fortress types love in-depth world build. Just did economy.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2018, 02:12:46 am »

Biggest irony: Orbiter is the last game in my line of “Pangaea” stuff which are original single playerish stuff akin to Haspens spam.

I gotta say I prefer the multiple pc factions.

Said line:

Wizard Kings: The Races in Power before humanity showed up.

Exiles: Human clans who lost their home lands and must travel. Making new home for themselves.

Pangaea: Humanity took over. Think early Iron Age. Oh and magic/supernatural still exists.

Islanders: Gaiden game. Not taking place on main super continent. Rather the island chains nearby. Moana with more magic in the vein of a fantasy ocean based Conan thing.

Empire: Play as the strongest Empire trig. Unite the world or as splinter factions trying to have throne.

Prophets of the Wastes: Way into future. The world Orbiter left behind.

High tech mad max with some tech that could be considered magic.

Orbiter: What happened to people who left. Our current game.

Each one is different. Very different. Oh and adding new wonders to Orbiter. By the way the Map is planetoids sized space ship and has nine layers. Each other layer has npc tribe.

Also posting two new treasures unclaimed for now.

Fortress: Was built during the Age Of Strife when Humanity lost its mind. A massive building capable of housing a tribe. With elbow room in the three walled perimeter walls and a gun net of several AI turrets.

Tunnel Net Work: Under the surface, the dirt and metal are systems of tunnels/access tubes. Foot soldier sized beings and small attack pets can access it. The tribe to find it would be only ones to decide for use. In entering and leaving at check points. Note that the underground aspect Bulls info web. Cannot see the above if under it.

Clone Vats: + 15 to medical as endless supply of body tissue to repair flesh. Can take it a step further and clone up armies at will. Roll for people each time. Recharge every three turns there.

The Universal Memory: This treasure is a true power house. The secret knowledge of the fore fathers. Biggest computer ever.

Effect: Whatever your tech stat was? Now full 20. As you can get ideas and figure out all the advances that were once lost. Still got to try to reapply though. Also adds 1 point in Arms Race.

Weather Control Unit: With this treasure. One is able to control the controlled settings of weather in the Ark ship. In essence using the weather to your advantage.

Effect: Change weather once every two turns. From rain to boost food, to freak disasters to wreck enemy factions. Scholar/high tech rating dictates roll results.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2018, 06:31:28 am »

Sorry, B12 going down kinda cramped my style. After THIS exam I'll get it done I promise :P
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2018, 07:24:31 am »

:Darkseid voice: “ Very Well Kryptonian, your time limit is 8, tonight.”
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 05:56:25 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2018, 04:43:16 pm »

Madman, have you finished your exam yet?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18