Home Fleet
- 2 (28.6%)
Rage Across The Heavens:
- 4 (57.1%)
Ruin Scape:
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Orbiter: The End  (Read 15862 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter: Sci fi Suggestion game/Arms Race hybrid.
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2018, 01:22:00 pm »

Actual, second day of Disney has been canceled due to rain. I'm just going to be in a car for the next hour or so and then be home.

On the other hand, I have Discworld books to read.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2018, 01:45:37 pm »

I recommend the books. Monday it continues. I love Discworld, good stuff.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2018, 05:04:15 pm »

I know. Read Small Gods over the course of the past two days and am currently halfway through Hogfather.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2018, 05:08:38 pm »

I have been busy but most of my turn is posted, and the rest will follow EXTREMELY shortly.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2018, 06:10:32 pm »

I know. Read Small Gods over the course of the past two days and am currently halfway through Hogfather.

HogFather is my absolute favorite one. Touches on so many things.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2018, 10:20:54 pm »

Hogfather status: complete. :D

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2018, 07:19:46 pm »

Well Mad Man did his stuff. He can get Arms Race done now or latter as turns are in order but you guys finish at different points and only two of you have been in contact.  Also new side got rolled. In sector 9. ( where you guys are all on.)

So first turns be the three guys from start. Then new guy in 9th sector. The others that got rolled have not been activated yet due to rolls. But they get stats, build as you guys. Just when you meet their side, their tech becomes visible to everyone.

Besides one of the npcs is in layer three and I doubt  you guys want to be beaten that far to the core. ( Not like they start with one of the three plot devices anyway.)

Npcs!! Turn 2!

The Nomads

They make law that new comers to tribe, not of old blood were slaves. Workers and to be prosperity. As they continued marching west. As they do they scavenge up more resources and set up base at a lake. Settling there while getting water.

( as it becomes a resource if one is base less or so far away from friendly home. Meaning youbexplorers, need to start packing things for long haul.)

They set the slaves on a massive rubble pike. Working them to clear the path. And afterwards. SW the other side. Just a line skeleton and more green. Curious how so much Stone was there. The ancestors were strange.

Resources gained:
50 lumber
70 stone
100 water
Still have 200 slaves

New research:

Survivalist Armor:
4,4,3=4,4,5

It is a high tech battle suit that protects from most small arms, to a point before breaking and decent range of bio hazard protection. It also supplies hydration to user by soaking up sweat and glowing it back into the user. So no death by dehydration ( a issue with Nomads.) So not the best at battle conditions. But can keep one alive.

Pax

After Pax talked to that faction he was slightly angered. “ They can come with them to be free!?” He laughed. “ We feed them, we give them the good sleep. We save them from certain death. They owe use. They owe us by far.

They then made a advanced team with supplies as they ventured from base. Off to the east. Time to find that damn gate. They made map of the scan. After say three days should reach it. With their new item, should be able to do.

The rest of the time making craft and machine shop upgrades. Melting down units of scrap metal to make ore. 25 scrap for five ores. As ore is met to be better. Planning on making quality items with it.

Their research: 5,6,5= 6,6,6 (hidden for now.)

Aragami

Mon Rao starts off by having two units of researched material created, due to complex twelve units made two sets. Six units pre thing. He also elects a officer. Who was also a transhuman like himself.  He then retires to get operated on with one unit of new enhancements and wil sleep it off.
Roll: 14. Mon Rao will recover, but be sluggish at first when he awakens, at least the procedure did not kill him or anything. Just slow recovery.

His officers’ three moves. Note his nick name is Blue.

Overhaul that piece of **** Wall.

Roll: 19

Oh yes. The wall was rebenforced. But it was done just fine.

Then construct a fish farm with water and fish from nearby body of water.

* 3 Farm And fish genetic material in genetic Vault.

Then adventure. Himself and ten units of followers. Went upwards, north east. They encounter

Dire Boar: Big piggy, nice piggy.

Due to explore status. Got the jump on it with well placed bone arrows and the new leader snapped its neck, muscles ripples briefly. Would stay over the night. Roasting pig as dinner.

Mon Rao got to decide next thing. He made a plan.

Research:

Security roll (as it’s a huge project.)

1 out of twenty ( must reveal.)

Numan Race Generation: 5,5,3. +’2 now 5,5,5

With This breakthrough the Aragamai have fully embraced Transhumanism. All the clan are now starting the change. And in Genetic Vault, spare tubes are now in place to bath the tribe. To have them take the change. Becoming more than human. But embracing the flesh and blood. Human genome altered with more powerful creatures of the genetic basis that have been researched and now results. Whole tribe are super human.

Effect: + 3 Combat. Now 20. ( as all clan are souped up bio horrors.)

( Not all though. Blues guys are still human, wait until they get back.)

As for Slavery: No slaves. Aragamai believe all who join are part of the clan. There is no caste. Just one extended family.

Second half done in a bit as got to find my Notes on the new guys. Then turn three starts.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2018, 07:41:47 pm »

Beast Lords: Share layer 9. Yes, with the others.

Leader: Father Hawk

Leader picks:
1:  Forge Smith/Researcher
2: Always Prepared (die rolls for extra gear.)
3:Gifted
4: Family Man: 4 extra officers at start (max number of officers anyway. Means lots of moves.)
5: Doctor.

Clan Picks:
Combat:20
Tech:10
Explore:10
Search:10
Craft:10
Farm:7
Tame:20
Engineer:10
Medical:12

Treasure: Battle Academy: 8 bonus combat skill and access to four tactics a fight.

Religion:

Valor
Honor
Spirituality

Sins:

Wrong foods
Lying
Alcohol
Gambling
Murder
Vanity
Theft

Book of Law:
Children can do all jobs
Ceremonial Rites
Fight it out in court
No slaves

First turn ( since a faction now.) as a result get to start with one tech researched and working on second at end.

Arms Race:
 Advanced Beast use 4,4,4=5,4,5

Well they live up to their name. The Beast Lords can utilize beasts for day to day living aside food produce and item resources. They have tamed and breed every creature know in the Arks system check and will use them to best of their ability.

As they settled in their new home. Papa Hawk turns on computers and is schooled on how the ancients waged war. Afterwards he announces his four children shall be conleaders. Everyone cheers. As they got to work:

Papa Hawk:

1: Have Plate Faces (dinosaur type) work farm land. As work beast and dung as soil enrichment. 15 out of 20. 3. (Now 7)

2: Wall That base. 11 our of twenty. It’s a good job. Can take hits. Even has towers for watching.

3: Craft bone armor. 19. 19 units made.

Brother Snake:

1: Build medicine hut:

19. 4+ for total of 12. As all correct life saving agents accounted for.

2: Tame Rocs ( two rocks tamed.)

Sister Coyote:

Fly, riding roc. The bird goes south east. Her and small crew make border lines by lining big sticks with animal skulls and a message meaning ( land of the people.)

Fly back home.

Brother Claw:

Flew the second Roc west.

The view was great as could make out massive black wall on horizon. As he then notes a building. But it was getting late. He marks it on map as the others return. Making. a map. Apparently the world was a halo. And they maybe on “top” of it? If so, there must be others. Only time will tell what happens.

Arms Race this turn (utilization next turn.)

Research: Spider Silk Armor: 5,3,4= 5,5,4

By using the giant spiders silk and trating what is woven so no acid will burn the wearer (spider silk is acidic) The Beast Lords Have new body armor. Extremely tough skin to metal. But light and flexible. Sadly have to get new ones woven ever so often, as spider silk does degrade and decay over time. But still, one hell of a body armor idea.

Now turn three be coming up real soon though no worries Madman. You can still get your idea out there.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2018, 10:06:09 pm »

The Arms Race idea is in my last post in the other thread (and has been :P )
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2018, 11:17:00 pm »

Also if anyone wants. Willing to show off Rage Across the Heavens And Home Fleet. Just a peak on how their run.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2018, 12:27:05 am »

Home Fleet Creation system:

80 to 160 points to decide as group the fleets starting strength.

Advance the Fleet is

Cutting Edge: 40
Military quality: 30
Old but reliable: 20
A fleet of space junk:10

Size of mother ship:
Craft world: 40
Moon sized: 30
Continent Sized:20
City sized: 10
Rather large warship: 0

Edit: Forgot fleet size

Fleet Size:

More than one can count: 40
A vast Armanda: 30
A mighty flotilla: 20
A decent wave of ships: 10
A tiny rag tag patrol wave: 0

The rest is twenty categories of technology that goes up to four levels. If invest in them start with. Otherwise need researching.

Tomorrow Rage Across the Heavens Basic write up.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:39:08 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2018, 12:29:49 pm »

Rage Across the Heavens: As the Old Universe dies. The last beings who exist refuse to die with it and using their combined power jump started things into a second Big Bang and now years latter a tiny, but expanding universe as formed. And those who started it wish to have it, for themselves.

Three sides.

Technology:
Advantage: No overwhelming weaknesses
Con: No overwhelming strength either

Magic:
Pro: Most versatile power/skill tree set up at start.
Con: They are also puny if cannot cast off spells and get hit.

Evolution:
Pro: Best damn military at start
Con: They take forever Across space and time.

As for starting power ups. Pick one of four.

Technology:

Idea Engine: A device that channels many energy signatures and the wielded makes science terms into reactive magic like effect.

Nano Cloud: Big ass cloud of nano machines that can assemble or tear down stuff with ease.

Titan Armor: Bad ass power armor to really hit hard on front line.

The Matrix Of Power: Unlimited Power contained. When released sends a proverbial fire storm of raw power to blanket the area in death.

When picked three other options go away. Can be rediscovered or built. Or original ideas in Arms Race.

Magic:

Hammer of the Stone: Said Stone a building block in reality linked to element of Earth. A fine weapon that can also deal magnetic and gravity effects.

Sun Ring: The trapped essence of a star. I’m a ring. More oomph with magic effects.

Halo Crown: Floating ring shaped crown that acts as a super force field.

The Glove Of the Eternals: A simple metallic glove. With it are the five stones that dedicate reality. This option means can start of with five magic schools and free spell in each.

Red: Forces and Power that affect reality
Blue: Affects inorganic matter and time.
Green: Life. Affects flesh, soul, and mind.
White: Affects the Source. What powers the Macro rwar and simply free insane amounts of energy.
Black: Space. Affecting dimension and such.

Evolution:

Universal Memory: Remembering everything from last universe. Meaning huge arrangement of powers/abilities.

Adaptable: Affects Tripp’s to be stronger the longer battles are done.

Biological Forge: Capable Of generating new elements for crafting from your guts.

Hive Mind: There is only one will and mind that drives the people. A true super organism that has many bodies.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2018, 09:46:55 pm »

Whelp. Crazyabe is almosted finished. Now it’s Madman time to shine. And a big surprise is in order. Something, ground shaking.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2018, 11:10:45 am »

Abe is now finished. Deadline is Friday at six o clock. Eastern standard time.

Hmmmm :thinking of the future:

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2018, 01:38:30 pm »

Is it me, or do I seem to have a bad habit of mostly finishing these and then forgetting them? :P

Almost done, I'll post it within ten minutes (hopefully-probably)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18