Home Fleet
- 2 (28.6%)
Rage Across The Heavens:
- 4 (57.1%)
Ruin Scape:
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Orbiter: The End  (Read 15855 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter: Sci fi Suggestion game/Arms Race hybrid.
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2018, 09:10:04 am »

Final note before I make archive/resources thread:

If unhappy with designs when they first show up. Can spend a action to revise/work out kinks. Lucky die roll decides how much more improvement is made.

Today going to do archive thread forbresources/gear. But notbrevealing your designs though. Makes sense know?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2018, 11:05:28 am »

Notice: No access to computer yet. So when I do the item/resources will be updated on this thread.

The treasures all been updated last page.

While GMing I have been placing each tribes arms Race tech in Spoilers.

So yeah organizing this baby.

Edit: Would love to see more people in this.

Also Madman, your the last tribe again. Everyone else did their stuff. Though a special event with Leodandy right now, but canon wise. Pretty much done.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:31:24 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2018, 12:00:20 pm »

Leo, if you give us your car Tech, we’ll supply you with your fuel for each turn. Deal?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2018, 12:11:56 pm »

Sure!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2018, 12:33:11 pm »

Strider Stealth Car sent to Glass.

Now Mad Man.

BTW: Rolled all a. Eatable treasures and where they are.

And also rolled if more npcs.

Rolled four. ( so only four majors. The rest are minor tribes. Minor tribes are nomad groups or tiny settlements without treasure.)

One of the four new guys landed in layer 9. So the truly unexplored sector they are there.

Another note:

This is the seventh entry in Pangaea games. SG with Arms Race. After this gets done. May post another.

( Four are fantasy based. Say Conan era tech. The other four counting this has tech.)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2018, 02:24:03 pm »

List of preset weapons, armor, and vehicles.

Naturally more advanced stuff, more expensive/rare.

Gear: Note can revise or make own stuff. The below are samples. Please note one can keep making new stuff in Arms Race.

Melee Weapons:
1: Big Knife; Big freakken knife, starting melee weapon.
2: Claws: Fore arm blades for slicing and stabbing.
3: Blade: Now a sword. Refined metallic weapon, comes in many sizes/shapes.
4: Wrecking Rod: A shaft of metal with wires connect to a spherical end for smashing.
5: Energy Blade: A blade of compressed energy. Kills stealth and needs battery, but does the job.
6: Pyrotechnic Axe: A axe which the blade is super-heated to cook things with heat, while slashing.
7: Liquid Metal Weapon: A shaft, with base on buttons and skills, liquid metal shoots up and forms into blade in question. A surprise spear or sword.
8: Power Glove: Gets to hold weapon, but can punch things to death or grab target and crush skulls.

Ranged Weapons:
1: Bow and Arrow: Basic starting ranged weapon. Only good news is easy to craft, also can reuse arrows until they break, ad can craft trick arrows.
2: Slug Pistol: Basic bullet based projectile held in one hand.
3: Smart Gun: A Rifle, that has computer program with safety functions so only it’s “master” can use it or one who hacks those codes. It’s a semi-automatic rifle with a grenade attachment.
4: Machine Gun: A big gun that sprays the area with lead.
5: Harpoon Launcher: A really big gun, fires harpoons which are basically spears. It penetrates and bleeds, not to mention big holes.
6: Bazooka: A tube that fires out shells that go boom.
7: Gaus Revolver: A big pistol with eight chambers, that fire gaus ammo.
8: Alloy Gun: A shotgun that fires super-heated alloy bits.
9: Lightning Gun: Short ranged electric gun. Can stun, or kill.
10: Laser Rifle: It’s a sniper rifle, just fires quick moving energy to burn target.
11: Plasma Thrower: A flame thrower, but it fires out plasma stream instead of flames.
12: Crusher Beam: Fires out raw compressed particle/kinetic energy to punch targets with holes or outright crush them.
13: Shrapnel Grenade: Pull pin, toss, explodes and the sharp metal aspect does damage.
14: Fire Bomb: Just like above, but lights target zone in fire.
15: Kinetic Grenade: Toss and what it hits gets hit with a ton of force. For breaking armor, vehicles and bodies.
16: Sticky Grenade: Press button and toss. Air exposure turns on adhesion field. It hits, sticks, then blows up in target area.

Defense:
1: Animal Hide: Chemically treated anial hide, as basic as it comes.
2: Bone Armor: Now replaced by animal bones, the tougher bones that is.
3: Rattan Armor: Made from Wood d Plant Fiber, protects well against low powered cutting, sucks against flame.
4: Chitin Armor: Armor made from remains of plates, big bug plates.
5: Metal Armor: Junk armor. It is made from junk/scarp.
6: Ceramic Armor: A thick fiber suit with plates on inside woven in to absorb extra damage.
7: Exoskeleton: Plated armor that has muscle motors to allow the cripple to walk. Or a automail arm to replace lost arm. Almost power armor, but has lamer fueling process.
8: Power Armor: Motorized power armor that keeps people alive.
9: Jotun: It’s a Hulk Buster style powered armor.
10: Phoenix Armor: it flies, tanks damage and comes stored with rocket guided pods of destruction.
11: Force Wall: Toss ball, energy field springs up to soak damage for a bit.
12: Adaptive Shield: Halo style regenerating energy field.

Vehicles:
1: Sky Cycle: A flying motor cycle. Fast, does not offer much protection.
2: APC: A armored personal carrier that can transport troopers. Also decently armed, the problem is their ground bound. So less mobile.
3: Behemoth: A tank. Yes, an honest to goodness tank. It is solid, but not as mobile as others.
4: Crawler: A tank on spider legs for easier mobility.
5: Sky Runner; A small air craft that is akin to fighter or bomber. That has wings that beat like a birds.
5: Soldier: A exo frame that is humanoid and is armed to the teeth.
6: Hopper: A massive machine that walks or does jet booster assisted jumps. Armed with heavy mounted rocket launchers.
7: Thunder Saur: A robotic dinosaur from Hell that is armed to the teeth.

Animals: Depends on Tame rating as to what’s available for farm animals. Beast steeds, and helpers.

And after Mad Man, npc turn two. Including the “other” one in Land 9. (Starting layers for PCs.)

Edit: Resources for trade and crafting/eating already done this thread. Just saying it now.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:25:44 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2018, 06:56:04 pm »

Officer Notes: Officers are basically a second leader who either does up to two extra things/acts or boost roll for said clan activity. Max officers are four a tribe.

Can treat officers as spare PCs/posters aside leaders playing game.

They even get to suggest their own tech ideas in Arms Race.

Oh and the trait Family man in reality was starting off with officers (roll for amount) for spare characters. I can see lots of future officers to make cast more diverse in choices. Anyone interested, not playing yet can become one in time. Orca can definitively be a officer. As he is second to join one side.

Max actions a turn is seven.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2018, 08:59:12 pm »

I appear to have forgotten to mention that I'd be travelling all of yesterday.

By the way, I was travelling all of yesterday. I'll produce a turn earlyish tomorrow morning, assuming nothing interesting happens.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2018, 09:09:02 pm »

I'll be going to Disney over this weekend, so expect slower responses from me.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2018, 10:00:03 pm »

This is fine. Thanks for notice.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2018, 04:57:03 pm »

Damn I knew I forgot a treasure.

Last one for Orbiter.

Eidolon System:

A radio/digital broadcasting system for long range, instant communication. It works almost perfectly though. Despite when it is delayed at points. But for the most part the Clan now can check on everyone’s status one channel away. Also double as tracking units.

For those who want wireless, coordinates action.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2018, 05:01:24 pm »

Working on some stuff to get summer classes lined up, I'll have that turn finished in a couple of hours.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2018, 09:52:54 am »

Due to my super needy and useless Girl friend, could not post last night. Tonight I plan to. 7:00 eastern time.

Just a heads up.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2018, 03:27:37 pm »

Hahahaha I'm glad, because that post slightly didn't happen. One minute.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2018, 11:31:52 am »

OKay I know Glass and Madman are busy. Crazyabe And Leodandy did their turns.

Just Madmsns tech thing. Which either can be skipped to turn three (so two for one but only use them in turn four.) or bonus points for turn threes thing.

Planning on updating tomorrow. Have time then.

Also, making a poll for next game since people are playing this (my most successful so far here.)

1: More Pangaea ( Orbiter is a sequel to my first game here it’s a series of seven games. Four are fantasy, three are sci fi. All have same mold but different things in each version.)

2: Home Fleet: Inspirrd by my tears that Shadows fell. But the system is no way a copy of the original. Just the idea is same. We are all on one fleet.

3: Rage Across the Heavens: God Game in this stat system (a stat system just not this.) Three sides. Technological Gods, typical Magic using Gods, and Physical Gods from advanced Evolution/genetic powers.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18