Stopped, no more catification, but not less
- 2 (10%)
Reversal, but requires small magic input to keep
- 4 (20%)
Embrace the cat
- 8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Wands Race II - The calm before the storm [PRELUDE/INTRO]  (Read 4377 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race II - The calm before the storm [PRELUDE/INTRO]
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2018, 01:42:59 pm »

You're counting these votes, right?

May I suggest the 2d4 system?
I will recommend [the 2d4] system very highly.
2d4 system rocks
I will throw in my support for 2d4.
Yeah, 2d4 would be good, I think.
yeah I'm gonna agree with the others on the 2d4 system.
I like the 2d4 system, so backing that.
Long Live United Forenia!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2018, 02:46:33 pm »

You're counting these votes, right?

May I suggest the 2d4 system?
I will recommend [the 2d4] system very highly.
2d4 system rocks
I will throw in my support for 2d4.
Yeah, 2d4 would be good, I think.
yeah I'm gonna agree with the others on the 2d4 system.
I like the 2d4 system, so backing that.
yeah
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2018, 03:54:08 pm »

The dice system should stay and I do not agree with resources issues as it should be by land type. Like in original.

Just curious what everyone started stuff is. Given sequel could have many directions.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2018, 03:58:01 pm »

Eh, maybe have transports factored in for troop/artillery/whatever mobility but not for transporting raw resources.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2018, 04:03:26 pm »

My thoughts on the way you could use infrastructure: Treat it like naval advantage in Intercontinental Arms Race. 
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2018, 04:03:52 pm »

While I still maintain that special infrastructure (i.e. stuff to do new things or that use new tech for significant improvements) should be a thing able to be done in regular designs, I do think I agree with the removal of TC.
It just... doesn't add anything. Every X turns, when you get enough resources, you revise your biggest [land/air/sea] vehicle into a cargo vehicle, then forget about it until you hit your TC limit again.

Troop transport, ammunition, and general battlefield logistics however, I think should have some impact. Even if it's abstracted (just GM saying "well Side A has a cool train and Side B has horses, so Side A gets an advantage here") it could work; but I think something like a smaller version of naval combat in ICAR where the GM describes the advantages and disadvantages of both sides' logistics in each theatre and how it impacts the fighting would be the best approach.
(Zan ninja'd me)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2018, 04:48:20 pm »

While I still maintain that special infrastructure (i.e. stuff to do new things or that use new tech for significant improvements) should be a thing able to be done in regular designs, I do think I agree with the removal of TC.
It just... doesn't add anything. Every X turns, when you get enough resources, you revise your biggest [land/air/sea] vehicle into a cargo vehicle, then forget about it until you hit your TC limit again.

Troop transport, ammunition, and general battlefield logistics however, I think should have some impact. Even if it's abstracted (just GM saying "well Side A has a cool train and Side B has horses, so Side A gets an advantage here") it could work; but I think something like a smaller version of naval combat in ICAR where the GM describes the advantages and disadvantages of both sides' logistics in each theatre and how it impacts the fighting would be the best approach.
(Zan ninja'd me)

I agree with waffles

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2018, 07:03:00 am »

Poll on the issue of catification is up. See OP for details before voting!!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2018, 09:19:31 pm »

Please don't do catification.
I would like to be able to play.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2018, 09:28:23 pm »

Please don't do catification.
I would like to be able to play.
+1

Also, it makes zero sense thematically and mechanically
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2018, 09:29:38 pm »

It's up to you whether you play or not. A gameplay element doesn't remove your ability to play.

Sadly, this is a... controversial issue. I'm surprised so many people are going for it. I know I'll play no matter how it turns out, even if my character's life's work is completely nullified.

Also, it makes zero sense thematically and mechanically
Presumably, it's cat hybrids rather than a complete transformation. I'm sure Gwolf has something planned.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2018, 10:59:27 pm »

Sadly, this is a... controversial issue. I'm surprised so many people are going for it. I know I'll play no matter how it turns out, even if my character's life's work is completely nullified.
I imagine many people are driveby-voting for fun with no intention to play.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2018, 11:01:27 pm »

Yeah. I'm not a huge fan of the voting being done this way. I think it'd be better done after the team threads are made, with the voting done by post to prevent non-participators from voting.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2018, 11:06:30 pm »

Yeah. I'm not a huge fan of the voting being done this way. I think it'd be better done after the team threads are made, with the voting done by post to prevent non-participators from voting.
+∞
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2018, 11:24:03 pm »

I may be biased, okay I am but thats besides the point, but I think nullifying Urists work is kind of cruel. Just let there be catgirls and catguys
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4