Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles| New IC  (Read 860 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles| New IC
« on: April 15, 2018, 12:02:04 am »

The seat of Valkain, Grand City Esbellern. Throughout one's life, they will eventually make the trip to the capital, whether on business, visiting, or some for lesser reasons. Some end up making the move to the grand city, in hopes of becoming rich and famous, or simply to further their education. In the last twenty years, Esbellern has revolutionized modern life, the invention of steam power, the automation it has brought, and the new magics developed by it's magicians. Those that desire know that Esbellern is the city of miracles. While home to the Church of St. Esbel, Esbellern is more famous for being the capital of Valkain, and the throne for Emperor James Valka's rule. Esbellern has always been one of them most well guarded and safest cities in all of Valkain...

...or, at least it was. The day of Sieg's Coronation, Emperor James Valka's life was threatened by an unknown assailant, a witch who used unknown magic to transform several of the churches soldiers into undead beasts. It was thanks to the loyal Mage knights and a several wandering adventures that the threat was repelled. After that fight, two things happened in Esbellern. The first change was the number of appearances of the Emperor suddenly dropped, only making appearances on holidays. The second was the formation of The Frostwolves Guild, a place for people to hire adventures to fulfill  missions and jobs. Established as a reward to one of the adventures that aided in defending the city, it has proven itself a great boon to Esbellern in the three months it has existed. And soon, the guild would receive it's first, true quest.

A group of adventures sit at several tables in the main room of guild, It's guildmaster standing impatiently, waiting for something, someone to show up. Everyone is able to hear it, the loud rushed footsteps on the quiet street outside. While normally silent after the moon sits highest in the sky, this night was unusual. As the main hall slammed open, the guilds contact within the Emperor's royal guard quickly made her way to the Guildmaster, excitement in her voice as she spoke, "They've come, Agilulf. The messenger for the Emperor has come!"

"Well don't keep them waiting, let them in." The girl nods and rushes back out, the eyes of everyone present resting on the door. Soon enough, she returns, the messenger at her side, "I present, Lady Sibal Ghreis, of the Royal Knight Lords." Sibal, who looks human, beside the long rabbit ear sitting flopped to the side of her head, pulls out a package, and quickly walks over to Agilulf with it presented to him, "Apologies for keeping you waiting, With the Emperor taking a leave of his senses, I was only now able to come. Ah, Tabitha, I have a message for you from Captain Brehnart. Starting today, you are granted leave of duty. You are however required to attend His Majesty Sieg's Corronation a month from now." The girl, Tabitha looks quite surprised, yet also brimming with excitement, "Understood, Lady Sybal. Send Captain Brehnart my gratitude." Sybal nods and looks back to Agilulf, "I will take my leave now. You must surely be busy with what's in the package." Sybal takes her leave, quickly making her way outside, only stopping briefly to adjust the rabbit ear that flopped out of it's place.

Tabitha looks at Agilulf, reasonably thrilled for the news and the package in Agilulf's hand.

OOC
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:04:14 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles| New IC
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:19:53 pm »

Agilulf waves goodbye to the knight as she leaves. With that over he opens up the package. There wasn't any reason that he should wait after all.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 05:28:38 pm »

One of the adventurers, A half-ogre lady named Pocca, turned to Agilulf and spoke. "So does this mean that we have work now? Its been about two and a half months since I had a proper job around here!"
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 07:30:20 pm »

Inside Agilulf's package is several documents, one of which stands out. A scroll, sealed by a ribbon and the royal seal. Agilulf knew straight away what that meant. An official quest from the Emperor himself, or more likely from Crown Prince Sieg.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 12:25:26 pm »

Grimmer takes a moment to fix his appearance and then returns to Agiluf. "So. Let's find out what this is about."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 12:51:51 pm »

Agilulf raises an eyebrow at this. An official quest from... Well, it was either the emperor or his son. Given the former was only a few steps from being a vegetable these days it was probably the latter... He looks up from inspecting the document (He noted to ask where they got their scrolls this was a nice one.) and addresses the people in the room.
"It would seem, my fine compatriots, that we have an official quest from the Emperor! Before I read the contents I would like to remind you all that this is one of the places where we really can't afford embarrassing ourselves so whatever it is we need to do, be prepared."
With that Agilulf opens the scroll.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 02:16:13 am »

"Ah, how excellent. An assignment from His Majesty himself! How prestigious." The beastkin at Agilulf's side, known publicly to his guildmates as Geraint Einion, snorts derisively. His disdain for the Emperor is quite apparent in his words.

"I'll bet you fifteen gold it's something the palace just can't be bothered with on their own," he comments in a low voice, heard only by the guildmaster.
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 07:26:57 am »

Apologies in advance, but game has officially died.