Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Power & Pulse: A good day to plan victory  (Read 25920 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power & Pulse: Now with an ampersand
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 05:42:48 am »

So we have 3 mech characters, but only 2 mages. We only need one more mage to start, right?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 07:51:15 am »

Updated my reserved post with sheet.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 10:40:29 am »

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 01:52:41 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 10:59:06 am »

Wildfire Watson does not look like a mage. He looks like a crazy hobo laying in the gutter with a bottle of booze to his side.
I would contend that this is exactly what mages tend to look like in this game so far.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 11:18:23 am »

Touché.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 12:40:24 pm »

Wildfire Watson does not look like a mage. He looks like a crazy hobo laying in the gutter with a bottle of booze to his side.
I would contend that this is exactly what mages tend to look like in this game so far.
Except donnel. He looks like either a farmer or a traveling Doctor, depending on your technology level and disposition to people who are normally on the move with white cloth bags.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2018, 12:46:09 pm »

The sheet simply says he's a man with brown hair and green eyes. So I'm perfectly within my rights to think of him as a hobo until you change that. ;p

("In what ways does your character not look like a hobo" might be a good character sheet prompt. Hmm.)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2018, 12:54:48 pm »

The sheet simply says he's a man with brown hair and green eyes. So I'm perfectly within my rights to think of him as a hobo until you change that. ;p

("In what ways does your character not look like a hobo" might be a good character sheet prompt. Hmm.)
Or you could add an optional backstory line so we can go more in-depth?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 01:12:51 pm »

Okay. Backstory line: include backstory on the sheet if you like.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 01:53:38 pm »

I've added the bare minimum of a backstory, though it's pretty cliché and not my best work.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 06:57:01 pm »

Missed this! Interested:

Spoiler: Mage Character (click to show/hide)
Edit: Just realized that the character creation system isn't quite what I thought it was, making corrections to sheet.
Edit2: adjustments made, though I'm not sure the character sheet is done yet.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:43:03 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 07:11:28 pm »

It should be pretty possible to make the same character. I rethought the way both factions work; classes didn't really appeal to me. Hopefully this system allows for some more varied and strange builds.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2018, 07:49:36 pm »

Hey, um, Egan, is it just me, or is there pretty much no reason for a mage to pick a familiar as their tether except for roleplaying reasons? it seems like it is the most vulnerable of tethers to enemy attack, has the harshest penalty for if it is lost, and gives the least useful benefits for having it. making it outclassed in every single catagory by every single other tether.

I ask because I wish it were a viable choice for roleplaying reasons, but if I pick it I'm just going to be handicapping myself.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 09:30:22 pm »

Sorry, balancing such things isn't really my strong suit. I agree that it looks good for roleplaying but might just make you too vulnerable. So I'll take the easy option and just steal these rules that syv just sent me.

Familiar: A living creature (or plant or fungus if you want) of your choice, no larger than a moose. It looks just like a normal creature and can be injured or killed. __If the familiar is killed you go down to 0 mana and don't recover mana until it's resummoned.
Magical simple: Directly control the familiar.
Magical simple: Share magical effects with the familiar while in contact with it.
Magical complex: Share magical effects and cast magic through the familiar even while it's separated from you.
Push: Resummon the familiar

Okay those are the rules now thanks rules monkey!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2018, 09:48:48 pm »

Oh my thats a harsh penalty for its death... which is perfectly in keeping with the normal perception of familiars, and remote caster is very strong, making it a tradeoff choice instead of a handicap. Thank you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13