Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Miners not mining (Potential facepalm)  (Read 582 times)

mangame5

• Bay Watcher
  • "I am here, click me!"
    • View Profile
Miners not mining (Potential facepalm)
« on: April 14, 2018, 02:26:51 pm »

Hello! I'm not new to the game, but I am (somewhat) new to corking aquifers. It's going pretty well, only ended in a slightly bruised neck this time.
What I can't figure out is why my miners won't cross the floor bridge to dig into the cork. They don't give any damp stone announcements. They won't even consider digging.

They should enter from the left, walk through the tunnel, cross the floors (First it was one, then I added another two to troubleshoot. Didn't work) to dig out the tile highlighted with green.

[SOLVED]
Kametec_Housen solved the issue.
I pressed 'm' by accident while designating. They weren't designations, just markers.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:19:13 pm by mangame5 »
"Quiet... I'M TRYING TO SNEAK UP ON THEM!"

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Miners not mining (Potential facepalm)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 02:52:22 pm »

You (potentially unknowingly) pressed [m]ark while designating, meaning this is just a marker only, not actual designation. You can tell by the blue colour. Go to designations again, select dig and then press m again and mark the tile again. It should be yellow and dwarf should mine it soon.

mangame5

• Bay Watcher
  • "I am here, click me!"
    • View Profile
Re: Miners not mining (Potential facepalm)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 03:13:20 pm »

You (potentially unknowingly) pressed [m]ark while designating, meaning this is just a marker only, not actual designation. You can tell by the blue colour. Go to designations again, select dig and then press m again and mark the tile again. It should be yellow and dwarf should mine it soon.

Yup, that was it! Thank you!
/thread
"Quiet... I'M TRYING TO SNEAK UP ON THEM!"