Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Steps to War: A grand strategy game where you can settle Antarctica  (Read 17716 times)

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steps to War: A grand strategy game where you can settle Antarctica
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2018, 11:44:10 am »

it seems like the production/consumption is based on the number of people you have, which is determined (i think) by how hospitable your starting location is. my resource production does not seem to grow whatsoever

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2018, 11:44:47 am »

Hmm interesting. Can't see how they are making enough to export, those upgrades take 1year per 1%?  Must be something we missing. I barely looked at those things tbh so far.

Infrastructure - Nope. I got that 5%/1.056Bn budget I set and not seeing any changes my side. Still 0.0000. In the breakdown I put a bit in most things but mostly into roads 20%, mass transit 10, railways 10, elec 10, natural gas 10, water 5, sewer 5, drains 5. Thats 3/4 of the budget, a few 1-2 here and there for the rest.

Edit:
Comparing those resources. Mine seems lower in most things, with a lot less consumption too. Pops are all about the same in the game I thought?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:58:24 am by Crowe~ »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2018, 12:00:53 pm »

Consumption seems to be tied to production somehow, rather than population.  I dunno, with no documentation and the beta status, it's really hard to figure out how things work since they might not be working the way they're meant to.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2018, 12:30:28 pm »

On the Nation/Overview, those Infra, Tele, Dev rate, % for international averages keep raising slowly. Must be a way to kick that off they are up 0.0025 in a couple of hours. Even my crappy budget should have moved the figure 0.0001 by now I would think. There must be something somewhere ... but where.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2018, 12:32:35 pm »

Mine raised to start with (they were about 5 times the international average), but now they've seemingly stopped and are slightly behind the international average.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2018, 12:34:57 pm »

What sort of budget do you have for Infra, Tele?

I got infra 2.07Bn, Tele 100M, around 10% for both. Guess I will start creeping them up.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2018, 12:37:18 pm »

What sort of budget do you have for Infra, Tele?

I got infra 2.07Bn, Tele 100M, around 10% for both. Guess I will start creeping them up.
i had them and their categories maxed out and it didnt budge at all

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2018, 12:39:17 pm »

Consensus on discord seems to be that it is broken.

Speaking of broken, any money you spend repaying the IMF loan gets refunded to you next day, so loan repaying is free. I just became member of IMF due to that.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2018, 12:43:36 pm »

If its broken, why is the international going up? Enough people must have it going up somewhere?

Is there some trick to the IMF screen looks confusing, like people have to vote your request through or something. Guess I can pay mine back I got 125Bn in cash now anyway.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2018, 12:45:16 pm »

doesn't matter how much you have in cash, it costs nothing to repay loan.

As for votes, they only matter if you want to attach conditions to repaying. (such as negotiating longer terms or lower interest)

edit: and deposits to IMF get fully refunded to you as well... I can see people using this fact to get an huge share of votes.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2018, 12:46:28 pm »

I wonder if it's just a display update bug?  Would explain why Mark thinks it's working if the numbers are actually there underneath.

(my infra and tele spending were both around 20%, but I recently ramped them up to 95%)

Meanwhile my spy cells finally stopped 'training' (they were stuck there for a month after progress reached 100%) and now they're off to cause minor havoc and climate change skepticism in random targets.

My vehicle production also seems to have either completed or disappeared, but with no military leaders I can't check.  Same with my 2 snipers, they disappeared after sitting at 0 days remaining for a month+

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2018, 12:47:54 pm »

how do you even take an imf loan after you repay it?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2018, 12:48:27 pm »

I don't think taking loans is implemented yet.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2018, 12:50:35 pm »

Paid mine off.

Check the interest payment is gone - Yup. Also notice, Corruption dropped to 5.08Bn, last time I was looking at that screen fairly recent I was paying 8.6Bn...

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2018, 12:55:05 pm »

My vehicle production also seems to have either completed or disappeared, but with no military leaders I can't check.  Same with my 2 snipers, they disappeared after sitting at 0 days remaining for a month+

Yup, all my zero day troops are gone from the list, and I dont see any additions to the top Qty numbers.

PS. Keep the filthy propanganda spy out of my lands or those treaties are getting chopped  :P
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20