Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Steps to War: A grand strategy game where you can settle Antarctica  (Read 17705 times)

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steps to War: A grand strategy game where you can settle Antarctica
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2018, 10:38:01 am »

As for the rest, spending etc. I can only guess. My own policy right now is slow gradule increase things just to see what if anything happens. The only thing Im fairly certain of right now, is corruption switched from going up to going down the moment gov funding went online & dropping -0.0001 everyday anytime I looked. I think stability drop slowed down with proganda, but I will have to check it again for certain. So many numbers flying around here and options etc, its a case of ohh look at this, ohh what does this do. So who knows for sure.

Unemployment that sounds real bad. Prob why your GDP is so poor. I got 63.3% and its dropped slightly from the start figure I wrote down here, but I havent watched that number to know if its steady or random flutations. Was your unemployment so low at the start? Seems unlikely, or highely "unfair" if so.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2018, 10:40:03 am »

no, unemployment was 55% at game start ( and economy was still bad). It started climbing, over the course of 2 days, when I decided to implement some social security stuff.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2018, 10:40:44 am »

my unemployment was about 75 or so at the start and its 95 now. i messed up with every possible thing so i cant be sure what caused it. i employed the opposite strategy of crow by following the high risk high reward mentality

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2018, 10:43:23 am »

Ah damn, that doesnt sound good for either of you. You must have done something to do such a big change. Something killed all the jobs it seems? Most funding on the expense side would create jobs I would think. Did you change taxes much?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2018, 10:44:22 am »

They were at 40% the entire time, so can't be the reason. Since the collapse, I moved down to 10%

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2018, 10:44:39 am »

yeah i messed with the taxes slider to see what effects it has. i even set it to 100% for a while, but at that time the unemployment, gdp and income was actually at a good level. i think after i messed with social security it started happening, i raised the minimum wage and the next day everyone is unemployed

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2018, 10:47:52 am »

So, it seems that social security is the trigger. Sadly, reversing it doesn't do much. It seems a bit harsh.

Posting my resource tab for comparison.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2018, 10:50:57 am »

at this point there is nothing i can do to stop the deficit. nobody is working so i cant collect any tax, and even if i set all expenses to 0, things like security and corruption still draw 2b. ive decided to yolo it and set all expenses to max and wait for germany to bail me out if push comes to shove

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2018, 10:53:24 am »

Since the game is attempting to simulate real world economies, got to assume massive tax will kill jobs. Since people are just slaves now, why bother work and pay 100% tax to the gov. They will quit jobs or not pay tax at all and enconomy goes underground/cash in hand etc. But eh, that all depends how the game "simulates" economy model, which is likely not super complex imo but who knows.

Since you say you didnt touch taxes, mine are set 20/30/40% across both brackets btw, so I raised them a bit to sort of real world ish levels. Maybe you made unemployment benifits too high or something? Edit: seems you posted something along these lines, sorry slow to type.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2018, 10:54:58 am »

at this point there is nothing i can do to stop the deficit. nobody is working so i cant collect any tax, and even if i set all expenses to 0, things like security and corruption still draw 2b. ive decided to yolo it and set all expenses to max and wait for germany to bail me out if push comes to shove

Lol I like you plan, good one  :D
Maybe the game simulates some such of recession which you kicked off, and takes time to play out.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2018, 11:07:43 am »

My plans are similar.

higher minimum wage and 0 benefits seems to slowly decrease unemployment.

We shall see what economy does after resources start being produced.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2018, 11:11:48 am »

So, it seems that social security is the trigger. Sadly, reversing it doesn't do much. It seems a bit harsh.

Posting my resource tab for comparison.

Looks like your resource production is a lot more productive then mine. And as for oil, well you got about the same, so thats no big deal obviously. Your consumptions seems way higher too. I thought the game would make countries all similar wonder what makes that diff. I cant upload a pic to imgur keeps throwing some error. I will try and get a pic for you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I fail at forums, so don't know to make that a "live" upload type pic like yours right now
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:16:22 am by Crowe~ »

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2018, 11:13:33 am »

Since the game is attempting to simulate real world economies, got to assume massive tax will kill jobs. Since people are just slaves now, why bother work and pay 100% tax to the gov. They will quit jobs or not pay tax at all and enconomy goes underground/cash in hand etc. But eh, that all depends how the game "simulates" economy model, which is likely not super complex imo but who knows.

Since you say you didnt touch taxes, mine are set 20/30/40% across both brackets btw, so I raised them a bit to sort of real world ish levels. Maybe you made unemployment benifits too high or something? Edit: seems you posted something along these lines, sorry slow to type.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upbiV8NOUb0

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2018, 11:24:41 am »

Fwiw, here's my resources (seem to be somewhere in between the two of you):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's someone on the discord saying they're almost producing enough to start exporting. I have no idea how.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2018, 11:35:27 am »

Has anyone figured out how to get infrastructure to grow?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20