Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Steps to War: A grand strategy game where you can settle Antarctica  (Read 17710 times)

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steps to War: A grand strategy game where you can settle Antarctica
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2018, 07:59:25 am »

Could be, but where is daily income coming from?

I got 464.693M yesterday.

Tax income shows as 3,062,825,348. If that is yearly figure, then its only 8.3M gain per day?

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2018, 08:19:31 am »

Resource production/consumption info is showing now.  It's not filtered through to the Economy tabs that I can see though.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2018, 08:23:51 am »

Btw, do you get any alerts in this game so far?
Ive only spotted your treaties when Im skimming through the sections checking them over, I was checking in on Treaties from time to time just in case.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2018, 08:27:47 am »

I've not seen any alerts so far.

And apparently my people consume about 3x what they produce.  I have a -94.33% resource health.

edit: and the time remaining to train/build my military units keeps increasing...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2018, 08:38:04 am »

My resource health is also declining, and  ìmy people consume far more than they produce. As to balance rising despite expenses, it is possible that some expenses are annual? we will know at the end of the first in game year, so far it has only been 1 month since game started. I jacked taxes up high to get money, allocated funding (it is a pain and I am sure most things in that enormous list are useless) and invested in resource efficiency improvement. Now if there was a way to  know what things do...

North australia is one of us, right? I received an alliance offer.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2018, 08:39:19 am »

North Australia is still me.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2018, 08:40:43 am »

Corruption continues to grow on the budget expense page, now up to 6.537Bn. Ive put some funding into Gov, 100M, scattered across all fields at 5% but the bulk into Public order and Justice/fraud/Commerce. The corruption rate is now dropping a whooping -0.0002% per day ish it seems. But at least that is right direction. Stability still dropping fractions though so far..

Interest seems to have gone up also from ~3.3Bn to 5Bn. Can't see why for that last one since no new loans or change in interest rates.

Last I checked daily income was 281M from those adjustments, but no idea if its the corruption growth thats hitting that or the little bit of gov funding I did. Without this income/expense pages showing any sense, its a case of dont know. :/

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2018, 09:33:46 am »

So, does anyone know how to increase GDP? people in discord are boasting of 30+ B GDP and how easy it is to increase it.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2018, 09:35:00 am »

... I jacked taxes up high to get money, allocated funding (it is a pain and I am sure most things in that enormous list are useless) ...

Did you allocate funding through all those breakdowns?
I finally had a look at health and infrastructure funding and there is like ~30 break down items.

For GDP Im at 26.692Bn, its going up but not that fast. Not sure what if anything Ive done is effecting that.

Edit: One thing is maybe infrastructure has some effect, I havent done the funding yet (working on it). I notice the International average is currently 0.0006 and rising, where as mine is zero still. All those Nation indexes international (average) are rising, infrastructure, telecomm, development. Im still stuck at 0.0 with no funding done yet.

Edit2: Funnily enough, my GDP is now 26.388Bn, while writting/looking at this, no idea why it dropped or if Ive done something to effect that either... could just be whims of the market/economy?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:45:49 am by Crowe~ »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2018, 09:49:30 am »

My GDP is at 14 B, fluctuating a bit around that number. It is painful.

Yes, I allocated through the breakdown. If you don't do that, your money goes nowhere I think.

I suspect infrastructure may be monthly. I gave it full budget , lets see what happens in a few in game days.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2018, 10:11:22 am »

Where are you at? Mine could be higher, along with these other people purely based on natural resources.
Oil vs farming etc. I got oil here although productiuon is way lower then consumption right now. Only skimmed the resource tab so far. Another quick look shows everything is consumption much higher than production. Probably why there is no trade so far?

Regarding budget, guess Im being real cautious so far. I put just 5-10% into the fields I have done so far, which isnt many.. Infrastruture, propaganda, gov. Was trying to see what little effects it had on the daily ticks if any. Probably wasting my time over a lot of random factor/fluctutions but keeps me busy for a few hours. You gave full budget to the infrastructure slider? Even 5% was 1Bn of funding on my end, seems real expensive but, again, probably me just be way too cautious with this budget/money still steadily going up.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2018, 10:16:47 am »

I am in southern new zealand.

How do I see which resources are plentiful here?

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2018, 10:17:13 am »

im already a few billions in debt for messing around (repaying imf loan, 100% tax rates/expenses, etc) my gdp has dropped 8 billion from 26 to 18 and my income was cut down by like 90%

you are wise to be cautious

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2018, 10:19:11 am »

I have unemployment at 95%, which leaves my income at roughly 0.

Maybe I could lower spending, and that will somehow boost economy?

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2018, 10:28:54 am »

I am in southern new zealand.

How do I see which resources are plentiful here?

Im not sure. Ive tried to find a way myself. On the original map settling you could look at resources Im sure of it, but I cant see any way to see this again. We could compare the resource/natural tabs I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20