Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Steps to War: A grand strategy game where you can settle Antarctica  (Read 17717 times)

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steps to War: A grand strategy game where you can settle Antarctica
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2018, 02:51:56 pm »

infrastructure/market share is finally up, it now actually shows numbers

bad news is my unemployment is capped at 95 and doesnt even move

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2018, 03:06:55 pm »

Yea.. seeing things shake up.

Infra 0.0028
Tele 0.0018
Dev 0.0013

Errmmm, Balance of cash is having a twitching fit of a few Million. Also GDP... suddenly those are "live figures"? Hmmmmm.

But poverty and Unemployment suddenly went from slow decline to going up... was around ~62 now 66-67 in the last month. GDP dips below 26Bn now. Guess Im heading to crappsville too.

This is going to be unworkable really imo. Espec if these "live" figures are a thing. Who needs to see screens with twicthy numbers up/down and so regular updates.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 03:21:53 pm by Crowe~ »

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2018, 03:25:48 pm »

lol, this entire "game" is unworkable

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2018, 03:27:53 pm »

lol, this entire "game" is unworkable

Shhhh, Im a world leader trying to do Great things here..  :P
Just got to find that magic button!

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2018, 03:28:00 pm »

The 'real time' numbers seem to be cycling through a particular set of numbers each day - if you watch the same numbers appear again and again.  Not sure what, if anything, that means though.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2018, 03:30:24 pm »

how do i tactical nuke my unemployed bums

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2018, 03:37:07 pm »

Right now, the sweet spot for minimum wage is fairly high. You will want at least 20-25 as a minimum wage to reduce unemployment.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2018, 03:44:31 pm »

Right now, the sweet spot for minimum wage is fairly high. You will want at least 20-25 as a minimum wage to reduce unemployment.

Where do you see that info?

What did you guys do for your resource upgrade things, did you pick the 1%/1year long one, or the 10%/10year one. Can't seem to make sense if that is just the same thing but x10 longer, or the actual 10% one does more each year... those optimal numbers seem weird.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2018, 03:48:29 pm »

I did a mix of values, some at 1%, some at 10%, some at 5%.  I get the same current yearly/monthly growth for all 3 when I view upgrades I've already ordered, but different values if I'm setting a new upgrade.  So, like the rest of this game, I dunno.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2018, 03:55:22 pm »

Honestly, I kind of believe by now that the game relies on effectively random inputs dressed as simulationist math.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2018, 04:00:02 pm »

I did a mix of values, some at 1%, some at 10%, some at 5%.  I get the same current yearly/monthly growth for all 3 when I view upgrades I've already ordered, but different values if I'm setting a new upgrade.  So, like the rest of this game, I dunno.

I see the same now.
The 1%, and 2%, both show as 0.2% year growth current. Even though that 2% said 0.4% before I activated it  - guess that is a display bug. Wonder who, if at all you can adjust that current/optimal amount, since seems to be 1/5 effective only...

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2018, 04:04:28 pm »

Is it just me, or is the minimum wage way higher than the incomes shown for the population types in the Economy>Overview?

The minimum wage says it's hourly, so assuming about 170 hours in a working month, a minimum wage of e.g. $20 should give around $3400 income per month for anyone with a job, minimum.  Yet my wealthy populations are showing $224 to $560...

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2018, 04:11:27 pm »

Is it just me, or is the minimum wage way higher than the incomes shown for the population types in the Economy>Overview?

The minimum wage says it's hourly, so assuming about 170 hours in a working month, a minimum wage of e.g. $20 should give around $3400 income per month for anyone with a job, minimum.  Yet my wealthy populations are showing $224 to $560...

Hmm good point. I see 374-748 for wealthy, but still that is low. I got 16 minimum currently.

Andrea, where did you get your minimum wage figure of 20-25 from? Discord?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2018, 04:13:23 pm »

experiments, and discord. Then in discord we decided to just all set our minimum wage to 10k and broke stuff. Poverty is way down however.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2018, 04:20:56 pm »

Wonder if any of that effects other countries too. Can't say there seems to be any immigration in this game so far. Looks like Im an isolated economy with zero trade going on, but still dont know where this income is coming from that is "balancing" this 10Bn budget on 2.7Bn tax income..

Just wondering since I was making little changes really, just set a small buget, ministers, and watching. Unemploy/Pov was fairly steady and dropping very slow, then suddenly it went to crap, can't see why. But half the world double/tripling minimum wages might have some knock on effect world wide... (at least that is what Im telling my people right now anyway, its a good excuse :D )
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20