Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86423 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Cool beans.

Let's see how this goes.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The scum isn't stupid enough to reveal themselves seeing as there is still an unblockable and unstoppable kill around.
I just laid out how the scum can win. Easily.

Scum and 3P join forces to hammer one townie, I use my kill on the other one. Even without the mafiakill, scum still win. Even if the scum lose one member due to Moony, scum still win.

The only logical explanation is that there are no mafia.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think that there isn't a mafia. Otherwise, I wouldn't have my miller mafiakillstealing role.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think that there isn't a mafia. Otherwise, I wouldn't have my miller mafiakillstealing role.
Don't outguess the mod!

That could be precisely why you have it. To make us think there's a mafia!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Webadict: Is there a mafia team? Please don't lie and give a complete answer.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

I remember warning about this situation, by the way.
I'm worried that with 2 players claiming third party and with probably 2 or 3 mafiosi, town is already losing its majority. If it's 3, we're already at lynch-or-thirds-can-kingmake, with 2 it's the same with mislynching. I think there being 2 mafiosi is more likely, though.

Looking at where we're going from here, I'm going to park my vote on BHK. If he really is a third party, he's no use to us if he's voting with the mafia. If he's lying and he's a mafioso, then that's score one for us.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, hang on, Moony has a daykill that reloads when it kills a third party (or mafia), as we saw in the last update. Would you mind to counter that gambit?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But if the ability kills a third or townir, that means the day will go from Mylo to Lylo. And who knows, someone might have a day kill. I would rather not have Moony target any of the thirds.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Awh boots, so I'm PFPing but what I did yesterday--use a one-shot inspect on MM, which concurrently also roleblocks him. That's why I said I trust him implicitly.
I couldn't act tonight because someone roleblocked me. Ya jerk :I I targeted Icy-T.

Also skimming later pages, yeah I've tha tone shot thigny. I don't want to use it thuogh because it's unblockable unless I die. :V [/BluffytheVampireSlayer]

You know, every day I trust less hector13. While I was suspicious of FoU before, he has confirmed part of his role. hector13 hasn't even claimed yet.

I was going to ask for opinion, then I remembered that all the talkative players are dead. Since IcyTea confirmed having some sort of investigative ability(could be scum, though), I noticed that the only ones left are actually hector13 and Tiruin. These are the only two we don't have claims of.
Claiemd as above. There are obiously bits of my abilities that I'm not claiming :V Since Ipickeda '3' on webadict scale of usefulness.

In what way have I been defensive?

Tiruin has a roleblock that she used on MM the first night. IcyTea has claimed a tracking type ability, used on MM also.

Either one of these folks is lying, or BHK is able to pierce FoU’s blocking/isn’t actually being blocked. I still peg the team as FoU and BHK, because their stories don’t add up. Also this nonsense regarding a secret message which FoU then immediately reveals the key to; what was the point in such an elaborate scheme if one party just reveals everything straight away?
How are we inconclusive of each other?

IcyTea has claimed a tracking type ability, used on MM also.
Not tracking, ability-investigating. Speaking of which, I found a 1-shot unavoidable delayed kill on Tiruin. It didn't say whether or not it's a mafiakill.

I'm a little miffed that quinnr got wagoned while I was asleep in real life and hammered before I could wake up. Granted, I probably would have joined the wagon anyway, but I missed using a day ability because of it.
:I
Why'd you investigate me, you jerk.
I bet your abilities also passively roleblock people! Mwahaa!
Also why would you say whether or not it's a mafiakill when you basically read the ability -.- it says 'kill'.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

Okay, tell you what.

There are two town, two mafia, and two third parties left.

What happens when both the third parties side with the mafia?

The mafia lynch the town and win, that's what happens.

Hey mafia. BHK and I made a plan in our quicktopic. If you reveal yourselves we'll vote with you to lynch the town. Thanks!
Alternatively there are no mafia and I'm just being stupid. But hey, I've already won.

Yes, yes, I know Moony can shoot from the grave. Doesn't matter. If he shoots one of you, mafia+third parties still have majority. Shoots me... fail. Shoots BHK? Still majority. Doesn't matter what happens, mafia+third parties win.
Or there are no mafia and I'm going to be lynched along with BHK. But I've already won so what have I to lose?!
Oh and for good measure I can use my own night kill as you wish to mop up the town. Or steal a townie's vote.

And then hector13 was right all along. Never trust a third party, I guess. Nyahahaha.

Just to summarize BHK and I are offering to vote with the mafia to lynch the town if the mafia reveal themselves.

And... explosion.
Mhm. Mafia, let's cut to the quick and close things out. Maximum benefit for everybody.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, tell you what.

Hey mafia. BHK and I made a plan in our quicktopic. If you reveal yourselves we'll vote with you to lynch the town. Thanks!
Alternatively there are no mafia and I'm just being stupid. But hey, I've already won.

Yes, yes, I know Moony can shoot from the grave. Doesn't matter. If he shoots one of you, mafia+third parties still have majority. Shoots me... fail. Shoots BHK? Still majority. Doesn't matter what happens, mafia+third parties win.
Or there are no mafia and I'm going to be lynched along with BHK. But I've already won so what have I to lose?!
Oh and for good measure I can use my own night kill as you wish to mop up the town. Or steal a townie's vote.

And then hector13 was right all along. Never trust a third party, I guess. Nyahahaha.

Just to summarize BHK and I are offering to vote with the mafia to lynch the town if the mafia reveal themselves.

And... explosion.
Mhm. Mafia, let's cut to the quick and close things out. Maximum benefit for everybody.
Except that UNDERTAKER would just kill all the scum once they reveal themselves because it reloads if it hits right.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

Okay, tell you what.

And... explosion.
Except that UNDERTAKER would just kill all the scum once they reveal themselves because it reloads if it hits right.
Undertaker killed someone already, did it not?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because you were a hole in my knowledge. I have a general idea of what the others can do, but you managed to hide it completely in your interactions.
They don't. I probably wasn't the only one suspicious of you.
Also why would you say whether or not it's a mafiakill when you basically read the ability -.- it says 'kill'.
My PM didn't say whether it counts as a mafiakill or not. It also didn't say whether it's a day or night ability, so it stands to reason I didn't get to see all of its tags. I would guess that if you're a mafiosa, it's a mafiakill, and if you're not, it's not.

Please don't point things like that out. It would have been better to stay quiet and let the mafia take the bait.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because you were a hole in my knowledge. I have a general idea of what the others can do, but you managed to hide it completely in your interactions.
They don't. I probably wasn't the only one suspicious of you.
My PM didn't say whether it counts as a mafiakill or not. It also didn't say whether it's a day or night ability, so it stands to reason I didn't get to see all of its tags. I would guess that if you're a mafiosa, it's a mafiakill, and if you're not, it's not.

Please don't point things like that out. It would have been better to stay quiet and let the mafia take the bait.
It was already pointed out, so I dobut that the mafia would have missed it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

[/quote]That's because it says noth8ing else but one-shot, yeah.

What's your plan with revealing iformation just from the time you get them :V

It was already pointed out, so I dobut that the mafia would have missed it.
Assuming others' perspectives is the bane of gameplay.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 59