Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86650 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 0: How Low Can We Go?
« Reply #615 on: May 13, 2018, 01:19:39 pm »

I asked a clarifying question and it appears that my ability would block IcyTea's after all. Sorry for the confusion, I honestly didn't realize it is that expansive.

It seems safe to conclude I was regular blocked and not jailed.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 13, 2018, 01:39:55 pm »

What ability? Did you gain it?
[REDACTED]. Yup. It's very useful.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 13, 2018, 03:16:35 pm »

So you have gained how many abilities, FoU?

Tiruin evidently didn’t use her jailkeeplng ability then.

BHK presumably told us about what ability he gained earlier, can’t look it up right now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 13, 2018, 06:13:42 pm »

If FoU gained a new ability, shouldn't have he won and left the game? I feel that's what happens when a third wins.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 13, 2018, 08:22:13 pm »

If FoU gained a new ability, shouldn't have he won and left the game?
Well... I did sorta kinda... already have... won the game. For some reason, winning didn't make me leave the game.

That said, I'm still going to try to get as many abilities as possible. For fun, y'know. How high can I go?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 13, 2018, 08:37:53 pm »

Then if you already won, could you give us your full claim? You can't lose anymore and there's no reason to keep anything secret now.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 13, 2018, 08:41:37 pm »

One action please.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 13, 2018, 09:16:06 pm »

Could just kill ‘im. He’s maintaining the mercenary style despite not needing to, and is consequently a detriment to town.

He also roleblocked a known killing role at the behest of a survivor (like seriously BHK wtf) despite being able to get an action from using the roleblock elsewhere (presumably) plus the action rom RGU.

Current madhat theory is FoU and BHK are the scumteam conning town into giving them actions and making us think they’re benign TP.

BHK has no reason to block RGU, unless RGU had a reason for killing BHK. The only reason RGU would have for killing BHK is if BHK is scum (unless RGU is scum, but that feels unlikely if FoU blocked RGU at BHK’s behest) ‘cause RGU would get their mafiakill.

BHK got some splainin’ to do.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 13, 2018, 09:17:58 pm »

Could just kill ‘im. He’s maintaining the mercenary style despite not needing to, and is consequently a detriment to town.
Or you could pay my fees and do your best to aim my actions to stop the mafiakill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 13, 2018, 09:27:22 pm »

Or you could pay my fees and do your best to aim my actions to stop the mafiakill.
You've won, what does it matter what happens to you?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 13, 2018, 09:49:21 pm »

Actually no.

FoU, he's the vehicle for BHK being useless to town, lets get him out the way first. If he has BHK's roleblock, he's going to be able to get a free unblockable kill at some point:

I win if I survive, quite apparently. I have a roleblock that lets me permanently gain one of three abilities from the target, being immunity (???), a protection, and a 25 MPH boost. Getting all 3 of my abilities gives me a single one shot kill that pierces absolutely anything that I can use as a free action.

Which he won't use for town unless we pay him, probably an exorbitant fee given the kill's utility and the fact it's single shot.

If BHK's a good boy, I'll keep him alive once FoU is gone. This is conditional on him scumhunting and being otherwise useful to town.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 13, 2018, 10:22:34 pm »

He also roleblocked a known killing role at the behest of a survivor (like seriously BHK wtf) despite being able to get an action from using the roleblock elsewhere (presumably) plus the action rom RGU.

Current madhat theory is FoU and BHK are the scumteam conning town into giving them actions and making us think they’re benign TP.

BHK has no reason to block RGU, unless RGU had a reason for killing BHK. The only reason RGU would have for killing BHK is if BHK is scum (unless RGU is scum, but that feels unlikely if FoU blocked RGU at BHK’s behest) ‘cause RGU would get their mafiakill.

He gets abilities from the roleblock itself. That, plus, why does the killer have to go unblocked? What's the benefit of not blocking him? Random blocks are unreliable to begin with, so it's best to block the most suspicious/threatening one, which would be the Spanish Inquisition that could just kill me and get away with it. I have a vested interest in keeping myself alive, and I gotta work with the town while doing so. How was directing the block to the killer not the best option with the current lack of info?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 13, 2018, 10:56:34 pm »

He gets abilities from the roleblock itself.

So he blocks someone who said they were going to give him another ability?

Random blocks are unreliable to begin with, so it's best to block the most suspicious/threatening one, which would be the Spanish Inquisition that could just kill me and get away with it.

How is the Spanish Inquisition the most suspicious/threatening thing? It's a known element. You wanted to block quinnr earlier, and given they are one of the few people who could've performed the NK, thus helping town, why didn't you do that instead?

I have a vested interest in keeping myself alive, and I gotta work with the town while doing so. How was directing the block to the killer not the best option with the current lack of info?

Working with the town means paying attention to the thread which you obviously didn't do because RGU said he was going to do something other than murderate you during the night.

Working with the town means stopping scum during the night, which you clearly didn't do since your directed block didn't stop the NK.

Working with the town means scumhunting during the day. Haven't seen much of that from you.

Pretty open and shut case, don't you think?

I guess we can remedy the last one easily enough. What are your current reads, and why?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 14, 2018, 08:10:17 am »

My vigkill is a 1-shot that can be used once, it would be plain stupid to use it on the first night possible.  ::)

You could have roleblocked anyone else to get tha ability, and I have 0 reason to kill BHK (or anyone at all.) Like hector13 said, there's the chance FoU and BHK are the scum team we're looking for (if the scum team is a pair.)
But I would like to hear what the other think before voting either.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 14, 2018, 08:52:29 am »

He gets abilities from the roleblock itself.

So he blocks someone who said they were going to give him another ability?

Random blocks are unreliable to begin with, so it's best to block the most suspicious/threatening one, which would be the Spanish Inquisition that could just kill me and get away with it.

How is the Spanish Inquisition the most suspicious/threatening thing? It's a known element. You wanted to block quinnr earlier, and given they are one of the few people who could've performed the NK, thus helping town, why didn't you do that instead?

I have a vested interest in keeping myself alive, and I gotta work with the town while doing so. How was directing the block to the killer not the best option with the current lack of info?

Working with the town means paying attention to the thread which you obviously didn't do because RGU said he was going to do something other than murderate you during the night.

Working with the town means stopping scum during the night, which you clearly didn't do since your directed block didn't stop the NK.

Working with the town means scumhunting during the day. Haven't seen much of that from you.

Pretty open and shut case, don't you think?

I guess we can remedy the last one easily enough. What are your current reads, and why?
1 - RGU is not confirmed to be town. He could just as easily be mafia, and I'm suspicious of it. I personally feel frustrated that others don't share my suspicion, so I acted on it the only way I could.
2 - I could only assume that they'd be glimpsed by an investigative sort of action through the night as such a particularly standout suspect, which leaves me for *my* main suspect. If I thought I could get a feasible case and following on quinnr, I would. I'm a survivor, however, so my input will matter less to the town because of the "Thirds stick out for nobody" meme (which, honestly, makes sense, but makes things difficult for me still.)
3 -
FallacyOfUrist - I'm not going to argue with someone who can protect me.
hector13 - You're town. That or you're scum that's taken head of the town very well.
IcyTea31 - Null, slight town. Not notable, but not in a suspicious way.
mightymushroom - Null. Slight town through process of elimination, unless there are 3 scum.
quinnr - Scum leaning. Them and RGU are my votes for the scumteam.
randomgenericusername - I really do think that RGU is not town, but I have no evidence or means to obtain it.
Tiruin - Null. This is Tiruin, so that goes without saying.

As for RGU being a known element, an absolute, known element in a setup like this is an anomaly. They are an exception, not a rule, and they should be scrutinized because of it.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59