Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86781 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Afternoon: Re-Race!
« Reply #510 on: May 04, 2018, 06:10:46 pm »

hector, I currently trust the third more than you. Could you give him one of your abilities? FoU said he's going to claim his rola, and if he goes against town we can use that claim against him. And we will also gain knowledge about your own role.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 04, 2018, 06:29:43 pm »

hector, I currently trust the third more than you. Could you give him one of your abilities? FoU said he's going to claim his rola, and if he goes against town we can use that claim against him. And we will also gain knowledge about your own role.
I like this plan. It's unlikely that hector will go along with it, though, given how suspicious he is of me.

I get that hector doesn't want to take the town's abilities out of their hands. I can understand that reasoning, but it's at least partly moot as I can be paid to use those abilities in the town's favor.

This plan is for the town's benefit. If you must, you can hand over something with a low to medium amount of utility instead of something really important. I imagine you have at least one such ability.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 04, 2018, 06:33:09 pm »

Webadict: you did a recount for Tiruin, can you do one for me too?
I believe your status is as up to date as I can get it. No issues that I see?

Huh.

... Actually, expect a PM. Turns out I've got a question about today's race, too.

-----

Of course, it's not like we can know that you're telling the truth, thanks to your cloaking ability.

It's hilariously ironic that everybody who isn't me thinks my question mark is hiding some big scary racer. You've literally seen everything it does. The rest is all in your head.

And after all that, you know what? I still won't accuse Fallacy. The mirror hit story explains enough other experiences, just not that one afternoon.

And also because ... well ... didja notice how FoU offered that tidbit about his mirror power without demanding anything first?
FoU: Will you corroborate that I opened an account beforehand, or do I have to send another something for that info?

RGU, that means he has two of BHK's actions and one of mine. Just saying.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 04, 2018, 06:36:50 pm »

And also because ... well ... didja notice how FoU offered that tidbit about his mirror power without demanding anything first?
That was me being nice and helpful for the town. I figured that it was probably causing a lot of confusion. My mirror power isn't really something I can offer as a service, so I didn't see much harm in posting it.

FoU: Will you corroborate that I opened an account beforehand, or do I have to send another something for that info?
I presume that's related to the role ability you just sent me? I think I might do that for free, as soon as I receive the ability.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 04, 2018, 06:48:06 pm »

The only knowledge y’all need about my role nobody cares about.

Someone paid him though, so you should surely expect to see his claim.

I get that hector doesn't want to take the town's abilities out of their hands.

Scumslip? Scumslip.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 04, 2018, 06:59:17 pm »

I presume that's related to the role ability you just sent me? I think I might do that for free, as soon as I receive the ability.

That was related to my PMing an action for trade, and what I expected in return, during the afternoon subphase that was duly taken away.
I thought you might have been in a sharing mood on that account.
Are you saying that you still owe me?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 04, 2018, 07:44:32 pm »

I get that hector doesn't want to take the town's abilities out of their hands.
Scumslip? Scumslip.
Yes, I'm not town. I'm third party.
~~~
Wait. Are you saying you sent me that power-up?

Huh.

Someone paid him though, so you should surely expect to see his claim.
Power-ups vanish at the end of the day. And I can't infer anything about the role of the sender as a result of getting one. So not a full claim, no. But I'll hand out a bit more information, if not the whole shebang.

If you tell me what the power-up you sent me was, just to verify.

If you didn't actually send me that power-up, and just sent me an ability, I just won. I'd still full claim, though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 04, 2018, 07:46:48 pm »

I didn’t, MM did. But you appear to think you owe him something, so mo’ info would be good.

I meant you’re talking about me as though I’m town.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 04, 2018, 07:54:41 pm »

I didn’t, MM did. But you appear to think you owe him something, so mo’ info would be good.
When/if he confirms.

I meant you’re talking about me as though I’m town.
*shrugs*

Just taking a perspective you might or might not have.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 04, 2018, 08:00:15 pm »

You don't see who gives you things?
Because you were awfully sure you could manage an auction with multiple bidders.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 04, 2018, 08:06:21 pm »

And I did indeed send a powerup.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 04, 2018, 08:11:15 pm »

You don't see who gives you things?
Because you were awfully sure you could manage an auction with multiple bidders.
I don't see who gives me things... but it should be easy enough to handle auctions with multiple bidders. Someone worried about having someone else take credit for what they sent can simply give out details about the ability that they sent.

And I did indeed send a powerup.
Yeah, okay, sure.

I wouldn't say a powerup, which automatically fades at the end of the day(clever) is worth a full claim. Especially considering I can't analyze your role using it.

It might prove handy, though, so you get a tidbit.

I can turn people into catgirls. Yes, I'm serious. I have no idea what that actually does, but I can choose whether it's beneficial or detrimental.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 04, 2018, 08:15:06 pm »

You can’t analyze anyone’s role from a single action. All my actions aside from the day reset work well for both sides. One of them would work particularly well for a survivor.

I mean you have RGU’s entire role, what alignment is he?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 04, 2018, 08:18:27 pm »

You can’t analyze anyone’s role from a single action.
A single action plus whatever they've claimed and publicly demonstrated.

I mean you have RGU’s entire role, what alignment is he?
Complicated question. But then again, his role was basically made to be WIFOM.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 04, 2018, 08:22:15 pm »

It’s not a complicated question. You’ve said you can ascertain someone’s role from one action, you have all of RGU’s. Work your magic :p

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 59