Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86806 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Midday: Re-Race!
« Reply #465 on: May 03, 2018, 01:18:40 pm »

hit BHK

I think we need to claim who we all hit in the morning phase, since quinnr being hit does not gel with the information I have, and his ability appears town oriented.

I do need to check something prior to that which may make it all moot, but we'll see.

EBWOP

... quinnr being hit 5 times doesn't gel...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 03, 2018, 01:26:09 pm »

What made you vote them at the time over me?

It does not escape notice that you ask me to provide people I find suspicious relative to you.

Also, as gambits go, this would be a poor one for scum to pull off, since I’d for sure be lynched D2.
I’m unlynchable guys.

I think I am interested in hunting toward other suspects while the day proceeds. I don't think I'm interested in aiding your defense.

It's fair to say I have been the consensus lynch for the entirety of D1-2, but you don't seem to agree with the other players voting for me. You said why already, but it is intriguing nonetheless that you disagree, and decided that the best place to rest your vote for the end of the day was on a claimed benign third-party.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 03, 2018, 02:42:42 pm »

hit BHK

I think we need to claim who we all hit in the morning phase, since quinnr being hit does not gel with the information I have, and his ability appears town oriented.

I do need to check something prior to that which may make it all moot, but we'll see.

EBWOP

... quinnr being hit 5 times doesn't gel...

(Okay, this is probably going to sound stupid but what does EBWOP stands for?)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 03, 2018, 02:44:21 pm »

Edit by way of post, since you can’t edit posts directly.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 03, 2018, 03:06:30 pm »

Have I told you guys I'm unlynchable yet? :P
You're unlynchable? How the heck is that balanced?! That's insane! :P
~~~
5 hits?
Well that is a bit bloody extreme. It doesn't seem likely that there are five mafia, so either mafia have some way of boosting hits, or quinnr is lying about it in order to justify not handing powers to town.

Or there's something I'm missing.

hit BHK

Well, I hit you, hector(and I'll hit you again for durability damage).
~~~
As a follow up, when RGU uses that weird ability as an action it puts him in the "same position as first place". The only person on that list who could also be at 125km is me. I think that answers most questions about my speed.
Neato.

How can we know that that high speed and position cloaking aren't some kind of boost to make it more likely that mafia will win the race?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 03, 2018, 03:18:11 pm »

5 hits?
Well that is a bit bloody extreme. It doesn't seem likely that there are five mafia, so either mafia have some way of boosting hits, or quinnr is lying about it in order to justify not handing powers to town.

Or there's something I'm missing.

I get to choose who the extra award goes to when I win, and I get a copy of it, so there really isn't much reason for me to lie about it.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 03, 2018, 03:49:00 pm »

Even if the mafia did some of those hits, 5 is still too much considering that some of the players think this game has only 2 scum. I'm starting to believe there might be actually 3 scum.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 03, 2018, 04:10:46 pm »

It's fair to say I have been the consensus lynch for the entirety of D1-2, but you don't seem to agree with the other players voting for me. You said why already, but it is intriguing nonetheless that you disagree, and decided that the best place to rest your vote for the end of the day was on a claimed benign third-party.

Because I find it oddly easier to not instinctually distrust your claim to be unlynchable, having seen you survive a lynch?

I explained that I thought my mechanical analysis makes your claim feel more townish D1-1. Using a different set of words:
The revised claim seems less beneficial to scum since they don't get a "free" look at a townsperson's powers and how to circumvent them.
Simultaneously it seems less overpowered because town doesn't get a "free" confirmation – any information they want they must pay the price.
So I chose in what time I had to provisionally accept you and not so much BHK.

When RGU analyzes it and declares the combination of (reset + no lynching you) to be unfairly overpowered, I don't automatically agree. But that doesn't mean I disavow him or FoU their votes and their pressure on you. You deserve pressure after what you did.

My behavioral analysis doesn't go as well for you. You challenged Fallacy to prove intent to deceive.
If X, then Y
Not Y

The quotes I picked out are hard to reconcile without thinking that you meant to deceive when you typed at least one of them.

Yet if I hammer you then I lose the other data of the day, such as the hits on quinnr.

My morning hit was against hector13, for the purpose of gathering (minor) empirical evidence on just how far his invulnerability shield might extend.
Since he and quinnr ran side by side yesterday this is not contrary to the goal of helping quinnr.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [ Locked While Sending ] MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure
« Reply #473 on: May 03, 2018, 04:18:36 pm »

Oh and it looks like BlackHeartKabal overtakes the lead!

Vote Count
----------------------------
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist -
hector13 - randomgenericusername, FallacyOfUrist, Tiruin, quinnr,
IcyTea31 - mightymushroom,
mightymushroom - hector13,
MoonyTheHuman -
quinnr -
randomgenericusername -
Tiruin -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - IcyTea31, MoonyTheHuman, BlackHeartKabal,

5 to Hammer.

Racer - Distance | Place | Car #
--------------------------------
BlackHeartKabal – 265 KM | 1st | 24
randomgenericusername – 250 KM | 2nd | One, Two, Five
FallacyOfUrist – 240 KM | 3rd | Delta
Tiruin – 230 KM | 4th | 24601
hector13 – 205 KM | 5th | 0
quinnr – 200 KM | 6th | 666
IcyTea31 – 200 KM | 6th | 1812
MoonyTheHuman – 198 KM | 8th | NaN
mightymushroom – ? KM | ?th | 8

It is now Afternoon.

Afternoon Ends around 12 AM Friday, May 2nd. Day Ends around 10 PM CDT Friday, May 4th.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Afternoon: Re-Race!
« Reply #474 on: May 03, 2018, 04:34:44 pm »

For someone i feel positive about, that'd be IcyTea.
For my vote not being pressure, isn't that on everyone? I'd need someone else to 'loan' a vote to apply pressure like that :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 03, 2018, 04:46:23 pm »

You gonna hit me again, hector13(durability damage)?

Yet if I hammer you then I lose the other data of the day, such as the hits on quinnr.
Fair point. There's still plenty to discuss. As much as I'd like to see hector dead, I'd rather not waste this time.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 03, 2018, 04:59:41 pm »

Tiruin:
Roleblock one of quinnr, IcyTea and Tiruin. Probably Tiruin; she should know better.
The big issue is that other than the focus on you, there's a lot of tells coming from those poking your actions or your deeds.
I like that last bit. In another post you pointed at three others for voting hector with little explanation. So why did you vote hector, jump off long enough to accuse IcyTea of being inept hammerscum, then jump back onto hector, all while he had claimed unlynchable? What do you think of the claim now, still voting hector?
I can address multiple people and in between that time, poke someone else, aye? :B
Also PFP here because busy today T_T

But heeeeey one person hit me, thanks one person who IS LYING ABOUT YOUR TARGET or otherwise not mentioning it. I'm 4th place yet you decide to hit me. Hmpf.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 03, 2018, 05:19:19 pm »

hit BHK

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 03, 2018, 06:36:47 pm »

For someone i feel positive about, that'd be IcyTea.
For my vote not being pressure, isn't that on everyone? I'd need someone else to 'loan' a vote to apply pressure like that :P

That's very interesting to me, since I'm currently voting IcyTea. I like to hear other views. Care to make a positive case?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 03, 2018, 08:43:42 pm »

Hit BHK out of jealousy because he has a cooler race power that makes him go fast instead of just making everyone suspicious of him.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59