Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86712 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Morning: Re-Race!
« Reply #435 on: May 02, 2018, 02:33:44 pm »

I mean, if I were immune to votes, I wouldn't be so defeatist. You also refuse to give more information regarding your role submission and abilities and that's not really helping your case. If you really are unlynchable then maybe we could lynch FoU as you said, but even then you have to admit you were suspicious and very scummy even if it was a bunch of accidents and mistakes.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 02, 2018, 02:43:15 pm »

I do accept that I was stupid. But I tried to talk you out of it yesterday and was validated by not being killed at the lynch, but you’re doing it again today at the cost of getting no pressure on anyone and wasting two lynches prior to the first night.

1st time shame on me, I messed up. 2nd time is shame on you. This is why I’m so defeatist at this point.

I know I’m not going to die, at least from the lynch, so why would I tell scum what I can do?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 02, 2018, 03:41:14 pm »

Yes it is a surprise that I remove a stupid, emotional anti-town vote. I’m frustrated by what’s happening because I know this is a fruitless task for town that I told y’all about the first time it was going to happen, but I can be sensible and not make it worse by doing something I know is wrong.

I’m not going to get much pressure from someone if I tell them I don’t think they’re suspicious, am I?

I have no idea if there are abilities in the game that target specific web numbers, why should I make it easier to figure out mine?

Roleblock one of quinnr, IcyTea and Tiruin. Probably Tiruin; she should know better.
Y'know the cynicism doesn't do you any favors. What you did was ensure that NOBODY can obviously hammer you without reason by putting down your own vote; secondly, the 'obvious TPs' are accounted for--ready to be in the limelight whenever. The big issue is that other than the focus on you, there's a lot of tells coming from those poking your actions or your deeds.

I do accept that I was stupid. But I tried to talk you out of it yesterday and was validated by not being killed at the lynch, but you’re doing it again today at the cost of getting no pressure on anyone and wasting two lynches prior to the first night.

1st time shame on me, I messed up. 2nd time is shame on you. This is why I’m so defeatist at this point.

I know I’m not going to die, at least from the lynch, so why would I tell scum what I can do?
Strangely, there's no reason to be defeatist if you're town--initially, it looks like it sucks--in the long-term, it doesn't, unless you want to leave a note on being defeatist as an endpoint. If you're town, the folks invested in your death can be scum, otherwise and I'd like to add this in particular: If you've this kind of degree of influence, so do others and that affects how they can behave too.

Roleblock one of quinnr, IcyTea and Tiruin. Probably Tiruin; she should know better.
Yeah because I totally am. ::) Not because I picked a mundane set of stuff I already claimed way earlier and this'll foil my plans. Oh no. (Seriously.)

If y’all want to do something stupid it’s done without me contributing to it and crying to myself that the first time apparently wasn’t enough to convince you.
Then who and what leads do you actually have, being able to see everyone's spear by its point? Other than casually poking me because of meta of experience (I am flattered but-), there's more to defeatism than that unless you have or had little to go on, consistently, for a somewhat long period of time that all it took to smother your fighting spirit was people being seemingly adamant about things.

In the least, that's not how I'd go down--I was on the same block way back, or at least it seemed that way to 2am awake sickly alone me. You don't need to directly push back at surface assumptions; you're looking for people pushing an agenda.

Better to use what you tell people to influence for the better rather than counter posit on this level.

Tiruin: What's your read on me?
Curious. Pretty curious how you work, sadly started from when you were going to be willing to chop me up for a roleflip and revive, and working around that to the wholesome D1 activity of yours. I remember you from before but not enough to see how much in your playstyle that goes somewhere.

I mean personally I’m curious why town is willing to be lead off a cliff by a claimed TP,[...]
TPs are not necessarily non-town aligned in wincon on that note. BHK claimed some flavor of survivor. Someone else claimed something.

It'll be real helpful for people to look back and collect/collate info then shove it in the open here. I'm too busy to do so. :'(

My web number contains a number between -1 and 11, inclusive.
Just so you know, I have at least one ability.

Is this something that's worth being cagey about?
Does this matter to you...or your ability? Mine is lesser than 5 because I'm boring stable like oxygen molecules. Much like dihydrogen monoxide, which kills 100% of people who use the compound. :v

Is there anything about Hector that you see that's beneficial, outside your bias of him?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 02, 2018, 04:25:22 pm »

You will note I unvoted a few posts later. I also know what I am and what I have, so am frustrated that despite not dying and a very big flavor clue to my unlynchability that I’m still number one to be lynched. Sue me for being human and getting upset about it :p

What I have: FoU wants me lynched, very badly apparently. He has stated multiple times I’m a good player, perhaps resulting in his jumping on my very poor play as an example of some kind of second-level gambit that nobody else can see rather than it just being an example of me having completely messed up what my day reset auto did, and is ignoring me being unlynchable on top of that. He also couldn’t see that I was pressuring quinnr with a vote, instead seeing it as me distancing from my scumbuddy.

Not sure if tunnel vision coupled with a refusal to look past a strong player he knows is good at talking, or scum wanting to get rid of a difficult player. TP claim seems weird in light of his prominence this day and forcefulness in his case. Doesn’t gel with his claimed wincon to be pushing anyone for a lynch since he doesn’t need to lynch anyone.

BHK was very easy to push off my wagon, which may or may not fit with him being a survivor. Feeling it does for the moment.

RGU is very interested in getting me to claim for some reason. Failure to consider that in light of my unlynchable claim it would be foolish for me to claim all the stuff I can do is not great. I also don’t like claiming in general, but he doesn’t know that.

RGU: how will a fullclaim from me help you ascertain whether or not I’m scum?

MM seems content to accept that I messed up and push elsewhere. I appreciate that and consequently am very biased in reading them as town. Could be scum trying to look edgy and go against the grain knowing I’m not going to flip red.

MM: what makes you so confident that I’m not scum?

Not sure where quinnr sits, and Moony came in with a quick “wtf” post, so not sure there either.

quinnr

Moony

Thoughts on proceedings so far, please, preferably ending with a reads list of some kind.

Better to use what you tell people to influence for the better rather than counter posit on this level.
What about my response makes you think I haven’t done that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 02, 2018, 05:25:32 pm »

I wanted you to claim because of what happened during day 1-1
You claimed the loop day thing, but then corrected youself a bunch of times. And then you claimed being unlynchable. Not only a full claim would make your ability to not be lynched more believable, but it would also give the town more information to work with and prevent you from saying lies about your abilities later, like claiming to also have 2 votes or something like that.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 02, 2018, 05:34:48 pm »

Well, the fact I was lynched and not killed should make that fairly obvious :p

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 02, 2018, 06:27:11 pm »

Stuff came up, so I'm delaying Morning a bit. I apologize.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 02, 2018, 06:59:44 pm »

MM seems content to accept that I messed up and push elsewhere. I appreciate that and consequently am very biased in reading them as town. Could be scum trying to look edgy and go against the grain knowing I’m not going to flip red.

MM: what makes you so confident that I’m not scum?

Well, I did admit to taking people at their word perhaps too easily for a game where I know someone is lying to me. (But I also know that not everyone is lying to me.) I intend to commit myself to a course that I think I might be able to investigate, and at some point I'll find out whether I won or lost.

Most of the heat I'm reading starts with the premise that hector is a liar and goes on to ask what else did hector lie about? I don't have enough mafia experience to make the claim that Unlynchable doesn't typically work after the fashion that actual events unfolded. But I think the people making it do, so that's a point I'm keeping in mind.

Still, why shouldn't I push elsewhere instead of doubling up investigations during our limited time? It's at least as much a matter of practicality as one of confidence.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 02, 2018, 08:04:34 pm »

quinnr: I don't think I properly understood your multi-prize claim the first time around. Walk me through it, please? If you manage to win, to whom are these prizes distributed? What number of them ends up where?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 02, 2018, 08:19:55 pm »

me being unlynchable on top of that
One revive does not being unlynchable make.

What I have: FoU wants me lynched, very badly apparently.
Because you're scum.

He also couldn’t see that I was pressuring quinnr with a vote, instead seeing it as me distancing from my scumbuddy.
Eh, it's possible.

Doesn’t gel with his claimed wincon to be pushing anyone for a lynch since he doesn’t need to lynch anyone.
Hunting scum makes it less likely that I'll be lynched by town.

RGU: how will a fullclaim from me help you ascertain whether or not I’m scum?
So you want me to give up more information about my role, but you're not willing to give anything else up about yours.

Okay.

hector13

That's L-1. If I don't die, we lynch FoU tomorrow.
Tell you what, how bout you put your vote back on you. This was a good idea. If you don't die, you lynch me tomorrow. If you do die, then you're lying scum.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 02, 2018, 08:30:35 pm »

FoU

It works better there. Encouraging me to be anti-town with my vote can be added to the list.

If the rest of the town lynch me, we can lynch you tomorrow anyway.

There’s a lot of time left in the day, maybe you can use your ace scumhunting to find my partner?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 02, 2018, 08:35:04 pm »

I might just do that, thanks.

The same goes to you. Care to find my scum partner?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 02, 2018, 08:41:25 pm »

Most likely BHK to be fair, he’s the only one that has validated your action trading nonsense.

If you’re not scum, the team is somewhere in Tiruin, quinnr and IcyTea. Maybe Moony too, can’t quite remember why he was among my townreads earlier, so I’ll have to go look.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 02, 2018, 08:42:50 pm »

Most likely BHK to be fair, he’s the only one that has validated your action trading nonsense.
Anyone else who wants to validate my action trading nonsense can do it at any time just by asking web to transfer one of their actions to me. You could do it if you wanted to. Shame nobody's doing that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 02, 2018, 08:44:52 pm »

It’s almost as if the town is disinclined to help someone who’s acknowledged he isn’t on their team :p

However, if I were to somehow be not scum, where would you look first?

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59