Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86783 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Morning: Re-Race!
« Reply #405 on: May 01, 2018, 07:43:26 pm »

I really believe hector revived just because of the day loop, as I stated before, and not because he can't be lynched. If we try again it will probably be enough. Being immune to lynches and having the ability to loop day 1, depriving the scum team of a nightkill sounds too overpowered to be true.

Way to be a hypocrite.
You're trying to change the focus again.

No proof? I literally just got lynched and didn’t die.
There's no proof that will happen again if you're lynched again.

quinnr is among the people I am suspicious of.
Yes, but why are you suspicious of him?

Least content from yesterday, so I’d like to see some more.
He had the least... you sure? Loads of other people had low content. IcyTea and Tiruin, for starters, methinks. Also, is having low content suspicious, as in, "this person is scum" to you, or do you have any more than that?

I think you're bussing your scumbuddy.
Who would be his scumbuddy in this case? quinnr?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 01, 2018, 07:45:57 pm »

Who would be his scumbuddy in this case? quinnr?
Hector's behavior seems to suggest that this is the case.

It is possible that he's trying to make us think that quinnr is the scumbuddy by voting him, but that would be convoluted.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 01, 2018, 08:56:47 pm »

IcyTea31:

If Hector is lying about being unlynchable, he's most likely scum. If he isn't lying, today's lynch is wasted. Those are terrible odds, but since we're already past the deadline (unless we get an extend), it's the best of our options, the other being to not lynch anyone and waste the lynch either way.
the best of our options, the other being to not lynch anyone

I say no. If you thought hector was a bad bet, the best of our options would have been to lynch another scum and, if we need to, hit hector later. Why did you reduce the number of targets to one?

Why are you so quick to go to no lynch as an option?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 01, 2018, 09:18:40 pm »

No proof? I literally just got lynched and didn’t die.
There's no proof that will happen again if you're lynched again.

In much the same way there’s no proof of you being TP. What assurance can you give us that you’re not scum fakeclaiming? You’re clearly trying to weaken town by taking actions from them to jailkeep them, preventing them from doing even more actions.

You’re currently protecting a claimed TP.

You’re currently tunneling a claimed unlynchable, who already has evidence of such, having already been lynched and not died.

I mean out of the two of us, you’re being vastly more anti-town than I.

FoU

Least content from yesterday, so I’d like to see some more.
He had the least... you sure? Loads of other people had low content. IcyTea and Tiruin, for starters, methinks. Also, is having low content suspicious, as in, "this person is scum" to you, or do you have any more than that?

I think you're bussing your scumbuddy.

I’m bussing my scumbuddy on what is essentially D2..? While the events of D1-1 certainly proved ample evidence to the contrary, I’m not that awful.

Alright then. From quinnr’s content from the D1-1, what alignment are they?

MM: vote IcyTea, puts more pressure on someone than a mere FoS. You can move it if his responses satisfy you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 01, 2018, 09:24:48 pm »

IcyTea31

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 01, 2018, 09:38:48 pm »

hector, you're still ignoring my question.

FoU
That's totally an OMGUS. Not exactly, but the gist is there. You seem very panicky.

You’re currently protecting a claimed TP.
They paid. If you wanted my protection, you should have paid more. And besides, survivors aren't anti-town.

I mean out of the two of us, you’re being vastly more anti-town than I.
You could, y'know, actually hunt scum instead of voting a third party who has been strongly validated? My win condition is not mutually exclusive with town. Actual mafia are.

In much the same way there’s no proof of you being TP.
Why would scum have my ability to receive actions? And before you say "to enable coordination with their scum partner", that would be overpowered as any scum player about to be lynched could give me all their actions immediately.

What's your proof of not being scum? Behavioral proof, I mean. What have you done for the town today?

You’re currently tunneling a claimed unlynchable, who already has evidence of such, having already been lynched and not died.
One revival does not an unlynchable make.

Alright then. From quinnr’s content from the D1-1, what alignment are they?
Admittedly, I don't think his content supports my conclusion, but if you turn out scum when you're lynched, my analysis will hold. If not... well, quinnr or someone else can purchase my protection for him.

I’m bussing my scumbuddy on what is essentially D2..? While the events of D1-1 certainly proved ample evidence to the contrary, I’m not that awful.
Meh. We'll see. Quinnr being your scum buddy is mere speculation at this point. We'll see what happens when you're lynched.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 01, 2018, 10:53:46 pm »

What a mess. I have no idea who is who anymore. People, I know you're angry, but try not to take the game personally.

Hector is acting suspicious as all hell, though it could be just frustration.

FoU is abrasive, yet weirdly townish right now.

RGU is angry. Reading him as an inexperienced player, could be a tell for town or scum, I'm not sure.

I say no. If you thought hector was a bad bet, the best of our options would have been to lynch another scum and, if we need to, hit hector later. Why did you reduce the number of targets to one?

Because we were already past the deadline at that point. There was no time to vote anyone else up; better a bad bet than a loss either way.

No lynch is really not an option at this point, though I misunderstood how the voting works (I expected that it would default to NL if nobody was hammered).

Loads of other people had low content. IcyTea
I like to think that my posts have a high content-to-word-count ratio, but that's for you to decide.

Is false information something only scum give?
No, but lying for no gain is decidedly anti-town. You'd better have a good reason for giving misinformation.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #412 on: May 02, 2018, 01:02:35 am »

hit hector13
A suspected scum doesn't need an extra vote either  :P

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 02, 2018, 06:17:02 am »

What a mess. I have no idea who is who anymore. People, I know you're angry, but try not to take the game personally.

Hector is acting suspicious as all hell, though it could be just frustration.

FoU is abrasive, yet weirdly townish right now.

RGU is angry. Reading him as an inexperienced player, could be a tell for town or scum, I'm not sure.

Because we were already past the deadline at that point. There was no time to vote anyone else up; better a bad bet than a loss either way.

No lynch is really not an option at this point, though I misunderstood how the voting works (I expected that it would default to NL if nobody was hammered).

I like to think that my posts have a high content-to-word-count ratio, but that's for you to decide.

Is false information something only scum give?
No, but lying for no gain is decidedly anti-town. You'd better have a good reason for giving misinformation.

Honestly, your posts have been kinda low content. You don't really post as much as everyone else and I would like for you to post more.

I also don't understand why you considered that I'm "angry". Actually, no one seems to be "angry" so I don't understand why did you comment that.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 02, 2018, 06:33:57 am »

I laid out why I think FoU is lying scum, perhaps he’d like to do the same, town can decide and then we can either lynch him, waste it again on me, or move on.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 02, 2018, 06:46:31 am »

Honestly, your posts have been kinda low content. You don't really post as much as everyone else and I would like for you to post more.
I post when I have something to say. I suppose I could double down on scumhunting to get more things to speak about. In fact, I'll do just that, since I have time and this morning seems to have mostly devolved into Hector and FoU ranting at each other.

RGU: What do you think of Moony? Do you consider the negative vote better for the town or for the mafia?
Hector: If you could receive night protection without FoU's deal and the roleblock involved, would you take it or rather have another player receive it?
Tiruin: What's your read on me?
Mightymushroom: You listed RGU as worth keeping around. Why so?

I also don't understand why you considered that I'm "angry". Actually, no one seems to be "angry" so I don't understand why did you comment that.
If a post like this isn't angry, I don't know what is:
hector13 not only did your loop actually kill the lynched, but also revived instantly and didn't gave us a flip. This is the opposite of what you said.

You lied about the lynch not killing, you lied about the ability giving a flip, you lied about there being no revives and you lied about being unlynchable.

[hector13]

What else did you lie about?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 02, 2018, 06:52:42 am »

I’d rather someone else receive it, frankly. I’m not going to get NK’d by scum because of what I’ve done so far.

What makes you think FoU is being townish?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 02, 2018, 06:56:34 am »

That's really pushing you to the bottom of my list right now. If all votes require a hammer, you are forcing yourself to join bandwagons. One on Tiruin because not here much, one on hector because angry (yes angry) about dangerous deception untruth. From my side of the screen, I can't tell if you're (too) passive town or scum trying to skate by with minimum fuss. You say you've cleared up a misunderstanding, but I'm waiting to see it in action as well.

I also worry about the passive state of your content; there are observations but it's hard to see hunting. If you feel differently, please explain yourself further.

heh, 4 ninjas. -- good start. Will try to answer question before power goes out.

NB – electricians working on my house today, will have limited if any internet access for several hours.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 02, 2018, 07:05:06 am »

What makes you think FoU is being townish?
I reread his arguments, and to be honest, I'm not so sure what about them said 'town'. Possibly pushing you so hard, but now I'm in doubt.

From my side of the screen, I can't tell if you're (too) passive town or scum trying to skate by with minimum fuss. You say you've cleared up a misunderstanding, but I'm waiting to see it in action as well.

I also worry about the passive state of your content; there are observations but it's hard to see hunting. If you feel differently, please explain yourself further.
Yes, I've been trying to keep a low profile. I have a good reason. I know saying this won't quell your suspicions, but rest assured that I'm town.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 02, 2018, 07:18:45 am »

Mightymushroom: You listed RGU as worth keeping around. Why so?

In large part because of the role powers I saw. "Completely Different" particularly strikes me as a sort of jack-of-all-backups, it would be a shame to lose it without a high degree of certainty contra RGU. Meanwhile RGU vs. everyone else is a dose of skepticism to balance my tendency to take people at their word until I have proof otherwise; it's valuable to me to have a different set of eyes and he isn't shy about putting out his views. I didn't trust him at the start what with having the actual word 'mafia' written all over his role, but gradually his play has improved my opinion to about as high as it can go sans verification. Since nobody is admitting day powers that do that, I think I can wait to see what people may report from the first night.

Incidentally, hector13 has slipped downward since I published that list; part of wanting not to lynch him at that point was my hoping the reset would be true while being less certain whether he would survive the lynch. Now that the reset is accomplished I have to take another look at his play. However, I do give credence to claim of being unlynchable due to my surmise that his car number is also his Web Number. If Moony is based around -1, then (at least one time power + zero) = not quite here in the normal sense?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 59