Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86736 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1 Checkered Flag: Lost The Bet
« Reply #330 on: April 30, 2018, 12:14:36 pm »

Read op and first couple pages and didn't see answer — how does the racing work? Random positions?
...Spectator queries? The racing is all on webadict's first game post. Somehow he forgot details on that--I inquired by PM when I first got it. :P

webadict: if, let's say, for example, there are two scum in the game, and two benign tp's who are all alive for this hypothetical; will the scum win in the event that the members of the town faction are equal to or less than two living members?
It might depend on which Third Parties specifically, but in general, no. If you want more information, you'll need to be more specific about which Third Parties.
Hector is nyoobie :P
Third parties, commonly, are determined in the endgame by what type of role they have--not just by being third parties. If they can kill, it is counted as hostile to the Mafia and thus stops them. Otherwise the Mafia wins over them because the wincon prevails (Mafia have the team kill). If the third party is a protector or otherwise that can stop the kills but not win over the Mafia, Mafia is commonly ruled to win by lieu of the weight of the team role (teams > single actors, even if it's a 1 Mafia person left vs That one non-SK third party killer), although this is on a per-GM basis. SK's are always ruled as against the Mafia and at least in my experience, result in killing each other (and thus the SK wins because everyone dies, technically. Like Shakerag did in that one game. :V)

Anyway reading up the past pages after 4 pages from 18-22 and this is just a mess of people gallivanting around and swinging the communal laziness as a voting mallet. If my car translated to the feelings I have right now, that's 100+ kp/h to running over people.

But hey. Nice things come to those who read.
I will also rescind extension and head to bed.

Scumhunt in the meantime folks.
Since when did your list include any variation of scumhunting other than laziness?
Since when did you even bother to expound on those you put in your list rather than OBSERVING THEM CLAIM and then say 'oh ok this dude seems important'.
It's 12:51am and I'm on the edge of still being bloody sick, and being sleepy. :I
But this is being real stupid about deciding the end-vote for D1. "Experienced" players my exhaust pipe. If you're interested in scumhunting, you treat EVERYONE as targets, not just the dumb metagame of 'ok this person has been playing Mafia for this nice time in this subsection' (or even those non-Bay12ers! You don't know their history; they can make it up as a tactic itself or mention it honestly).

Now in my sleep deprived state, I'm interested in one mention you said here, Hector. Something about BHK being a survivor. Somehow that's dangerous to you. Somehow nobody else inquired; it even seems people accept it as if that's something. But its more speculation on his part; seems like the building third party claims...stress you.

But it comes off that people can use the game's theme as cover for mentioning 'third party' very easily.
And nothing is being done about anything in that context--rather, 'poke the ones not speaking or outside of this claimzone'.

Also I'm claiming ahead that I can jailkeep people with my night action. Anyone targeting me instead makes it happen to me (so...I get blocked and protected :v which is weird but eh).

Currently I'm not yet caught up fully (what's with this time loop thingamajig), but I do sense QUITE the level of people claiming and shoving 'I can do this' like a stretchy piece of salty taffy, and a lack of conversation about all these other than accepting it and 'seeing what'll happen'.

Fun stuff with that: Commonly the people claiming it either are on the 'significant' statistical level of honest, or bluffing with plans in following them up. It is extremely rare that there are half-made lies here unless the follow up doesn't fall through.

The point is: Why Tiruin? A bandwagon formed on the only one who we knew wasn't able to defend themselves because of being sick and not, say, someone we had scum reads on, one of the thirds or quinnr. It literally came out of nowhere.
Tummy bugs. :I Apparently I'm not the only one feeling kicked from the inside here when I see lazy bandwagons forming. (Also seriously, in people voting me, I'd even expect a half-effort reason to make sense but NO. There's no mention of anything I did at all! And that's wholly different from lynching on the basis of 'inspecting this person'; it's on the basis of 'ok this person isn't active let's lynch them' purely without context. I mean I was expecting if it's this low effort, people would be poking how I poked mushroom early on but nope)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 30, 2018, 12:43:43 pm »

Posterity post:

...But I'm not scum. My role fully revealed and never stated my alignment as scum: I'm an 1-shot vigilante.
My role even seems to be built around killing a scum and stealing their mafiakill to use it against the rest of the scum team. Otherwise, I wouldn't have that passive that allows me to use mafiakills as night abilities or the kill that also steals mafiakills (And there's the chance there are townies or thirds with mafiakills too or the ability to gain mafiakills.).
Of course your alignment never stated as scum--you, as linked here, never alignment flipped.
The thing with RGU--this is a full role flip though. So anything he says (or messes up on) is easily counterchecked. If and unless there are instantaneous Day 1 autos that modify it, anything but his alignment can be assumed. (Since I doubt webadict would make his auto-flip auto by itself, a by-product of semantics [e.g. "All players will be informed of your full...])

And part of my grump was because of this:
(Auto) The Road to Hell: If your alignment is not Mafia, you may use Mafiakill abilities as though they were Night actions. You always inspect as Mafia.
Nobody talked about it with the note of: This can be a very good indicator of a converter. Or a basic GM note of 'he can be Mafia, or not', as a follow up to that auto-role reveal auto.

I can point out to you – and to Tiruin, since I *think* she says she was voting for me because she didn't want a lynch and I would use the revive – and everybody, really – that there is a "No Lynch" option right up there on the tally sheet. You can use it to express your true feelings if necessary.
Can't vote "No Lynch" (or at least, when you replied, and then others voted you or 2x voted and stuff), when there are more votes than yours stacked on others that early on. :P

Also on the interest of Moony's -1 notes and presumed ability, commonly, one may only vote another person once--it should be explicitly stated that you can double (or more) vote another person.

Moony, test voting someone then ask for a votecount.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 30, 2018, 12:45:16 pm »

Tiruin, don't be offended about being voted. If Hector is to be believed, a time loop willl undo the lynch, meaning all that will happen is you being confirmed as town.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 30, 2018, 12:53:03 pm »

...I want other people to be voted is the thing :v
ALSO WOW THAT'S SOME 'confirmed as town' subtle pushing you're doing :I

And by that I mean OTHER PEOPLE WHO KEEP CLAIMING STUFF.
Like Moony. Or BHK. Or those THIRD PARTIES if people really want a safe option.
Or Not-Hector.

Or seriously. Anyone. I picked the mundane setting -_- because I'm boring like that so y'all already know that I'm on a different intensity.

But seriously. This kind of check-lynch is wasted on me at this point when there are others. Y'all can check me later. (Also because I do want to use my actions >_> They get interfered with if I'm acted upon, which probably includes being lynched :v dunno, should ask)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [ Locked While Sending ] MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure
« Reply #334 on: April 30, 2018, 01:04:24 pm »

Vote Count
----------------------------
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist -
hector13 -
IcyTea31 -
mightymushroom -
MoonyTheHuman - Tiruin,
quinnr - randomgenericusername, FallacyOfUrist,
randomgenericusername -
Tiruin - quinnr, hector13, IcyTea31,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - BlackHeartKabal, mightymushroom, MoonyTheHuman,

5 to Hammer.

Racer - Distance | Place | Car #
--------------------------------
mightymushroom – 465 KM | 1st | 8 <=== Winner!
FallacyOfUrist – 450 KM | 2nd | Delta
Tiruin – 450 KM | 2nd | 24601
hector13 – 440 KM | 4th | 0
quinnr – 440 KM | 4th | 666
Shakerag – 420 KM | 6th | Graham’s Number
IcyTea31 – 400 KM | 7th | 1812
MoonyTheHuman – 396 KM | 8th | NaN
BlackHeartKabal – OUT @ 370 KM | 9th | 24
randomgenericusername – 0 KM | 10th | One, Two, Five

Day Ends around 10 PM CDT Monday, April 30th.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 30, 2018, 01:08:34 pm »

Heh.

Nobody gets revived when the day resets. Whoops.

Unvote
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 30, 2018, 01:16:29 pm »

Also, extend.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 30, 2018, 01:50:26 pm »

Moony, test voting someone then ask for a votecount.

Moony tried that yesterday and his vote showed up as normal – anything his powers do that changes the outcome of the lynch doesn't work until the lynch itself, I guess.

-----

Heh.

Unvote

SERIOUSLUY!?

Gah. So whoever is lynched stays dead? And you didn't check on that first?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 30, 2018, 01:52:51 pm »

Nope. I like to make assumptions, sue me :p

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 30, 2018, 01:53:17 pm »

Or rather, yes to dead stay dead, nope to me asking.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

THE BLUE SHELL COMES!

Tiruin: Important! Did you use an action to go along with these words?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 30, 2018, 02:16:46 pm »

Heh.

Unvote
Whoops.

Oh beep you. hector13.

Let me repeat again, the reset is not absolute, and the auto only mentions the race and the lynch specifically.
It says the day will reset. The lynch and race are specifically mentioned, other things are not.

You don't get to 180 without consequences. You are lying scum who hasn't scum hunted anyone at all today. You die.

Town: If hector is lynched and turns out scum, I would appreciate payment for my scum hunting.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

THE BLUE SHELL COMES!

Tiruin: Important! Did you use an action to go along with these words?
Oh no. From out of completely nowhere, a Blue Shell has taken BlackHeartKabal out of the race! Looks like it's going to be a tie between Tiruin and FallacyOfUrist.
pfp, if it wasn't obvious. (99% I'm posting from phone.)

Also hector13 lied about the lynch not going to kill because of this "loop" ability? Then I guess I'll have switch to him to avoid having quinnr or Tiruin die.

hector13

It's kind of weird how he said that there would be a flip but the day would restart and now he's saying the lynch is actually still going to go through, moments before the lynch.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 30, 2018, 02:57:15 pm »

I’m unlynchable guys. There was no lie, there were assumptions made that were proven foolish.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 30, 2018, 03:51:22 pm »

And now, when we decide to vote you, you claim to be unlynchable? Why not before?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 59