Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86651 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1 Checkered Flag: Lost The Bet
« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2018, 10:29:41 am »

Alright. I'm going to go ahead and claim that my main ability is that if I win a race (with my slower than a # of other people car), I have can double or (possibly under specific circumstances) triple the victory award. However to do so I have to give that award to someone else, and therefore would benefit from knowing who other town members are with certainty.

However, I also think it's unlikely that I would get the support needed to actually pull ahead without an actual confirmation, so I would be amenable to flipping myself this day 1-1 so the town can get a chance to work together on day 1-2 to help with the race.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2018, 10:34:35 am »

FoU has already acted though, so that's a bit late.
True, but if the day resets, presumably I'll be able to act again. That said, if the abilities I've been given don't go back to their original owners, I'll feel kinda honor-bound to go on protecting BHK Night 1.

Fallacy: You've been openly greedy so far, yet with a town lean underneath. How amenable would you be if town paid your "retainer fee" in full the first day? (or second depending on how many powers we can wrangle together)

If I was paid enough actions to win on the first day, I would go ahead and protect whoever I was paid to protect for however long I was asked to. I might even throw in some other cool stuff. Assuming that winning doesn't remove me from the game, anyway.

Alright. I'm going to go ahead and claim that my main ability is that if I win a race (with my slower than a # of other people car), I have can double or (possibly under specific circumstances) triple the victory award. However to do so I have to give that award to someone else, and therefore would benefit from knowing who other town members are with certainty.

However, I also think it's unlikely that I would get the support needed to actually pull ahead without an actual confirmation, so I would be amenable to flipping myself this day 1-1 so the town can get a chance to work together on day 1-2 to help with the race.
Neato. Just so you know, if that victory award is an action, I'd be happy protecting you in exchange for it.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 30, 2018, 10:36:38 am »

Also, as far as voting goes, I'm going to put mine on Tiruin, they've generally been quiet and I think that the town would benefit more from looking at one of the faster racers (since there's more at stake up there) rather than slower ones. Would be amenable to switch it up though.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 30, 2018, 10:39:13 am »

That sounds like a very good plan, two auto-revives are way better than just one and we get the opportunity to directly hand these prizes to confirmed town players instead to whoever has the fastest car. Let's get that flip. If you lied and flip mafia/third then we can just lynch you on the second day 1, so I think it's safe to go with this "lynch".

quinnr

As long as we just hit the fastest racers every day subphase and let quinnr win to hand the prizes to town, this plan can't fail.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 30, 2018, 10:41:59 am »

The issue with that is that if quinnr is confirmed town... they don't know who to hand the prizes out to :P

Tiruin is next on my list.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 30, 2018, 10:44:44 am »

Yeah, sure. I could use some of those prizes. (I'll pay for them with protection!)

quinnr.

That sounds like a very good plan, two auto-revives are way better than just one and we get the opportunity to directly hand these prizes to confirmed town players instead to whoever has the fastest car.
He could, for example, hand them to Shakerag(who will probably come back to life when time loops), so Shakerag could challenge the mod to a Shadow Game without fear of death. Or pay me with them so I can protect him.

Also, as far as voting goes, I'm going to put mine on Tiruin, they've generally been quiet and I think that the town would benefit more from looking at one of the faster racers (since there's more at stake up there) rather than slower ones. Would be amenable to switch it up though.
There is that. A few players are really flying under the radar right now.

...But I'm not scum. My role fully revealed and never stated my alignment as scum: I'm an 1-shot vigilante.
Uh, no, your role revealed but your alignment didn't.

The issue with that is that if quinnr is confirmed town... they don't know who to hand the prizes out to :P
Shakerag. Me(in exchange for protection).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 30, 2018, 10:46:09 am »

I will also add that I have a day ability that I can use on the next day that I believe will mostly confirm that I'm town when corroborated with some other known facts; so I'd really rather lynch someone else for today if there's enough belief to work on rigging the races, since I could end up accidentally giving awards to mafioso otherwise.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 30, 2018, 10:49:21 am »

You know what, I'll just throw it out here now because I think it's probably best to be open at this point. I have an ability that I can activate that publicly reveals my role name, the title of one of my abilities, and gives me two votes for that day. I think that ability is in there to balance out our other townie with a -1 vote in order to make things more fair in the day. 

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 30, 2018, 10:51:36 am »

...But I'm not scum. My role fully revealed and never stated my alignment as scum: I'm an 1-shot vigilante.
Uh, no, your role revealed but your alignment didn't.
I never said my alignment revealed, which is what Moony implied after calling me confirmed scum.
We know RGU is scum.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 30, 2018, 11:03:17 am »

Let me repeat again, the reset is not absolute, and the auto only mentions the race and the lynch specifically. I don’t think Shakerag is getting revived, but it would be nice if he did.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 30, 2018, 11:30:48 am »

Tiruin

I like this plan, though it hinges on quinnr being town, which I'm not so sure about. Confirming Tiruin won't hurt either way.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 30, 2018, 11:44:15 am »

The heck is it when people are sick and then boom, the day is nearly ending and people are going 'oh let's lynch the people NOT speaking'; pretty much strange when it's a day 1 plan to do.

quinnr because what the hell.

Tiruin is next on my list.
Since when has your list taken note of ANYTHING within Day 1 and then beaten down to 'target the ones not speaking'?
Let's see you play a Mafia game with 6 days of sickness under your belt, with the game only starting midway.

PFP you jerks, remember that 4 people hit me and I presume someone there did a 2x.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 30, 2018, 11:50:19 am »

Wow wait really? People are jumping on the voting bandwagon instead of checking the context of Day 1 DESPITE ALL THE TIME YOU ALL HAVE HAD? I am very surprised that this initiative is being pulled (especially since we've some people just blatantly throwing claims left and right--they're all being accepted, and there's just [really soft] planning being thrown in the middle). And that's just me reading the previous 4 pages. Prior to that, there's a VERY thin veneer, hector, between your choice picks, and the content and context of the people you're...say, "not voting". I didn't count the votes on me or otherwise but noted quinnr being a second multiple.

::)
"I think town would benefit by looking at this person's speed"
Yeah like people wanted to aim at my durability instead because so far, nobody even touched my speed.

But hey, what about speed anyway?
What about it?
What did I even do to get a speedy car? I've no flipping idea.

What point does your whole statement of 'the town' running through some technical statistic not even being able to be manipulated unless it was an ability, and then picking me out when there is AMPLE EVIDENCE THAT I AM UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE AT CERTAIN TIMES, wherein the best answer is "LEAVE THIS PERSON ASSERTIVE QUESTIONS."

Which nobody has done. Signifying a nice ease for the pall of laziness.
Which is appearing to be the bloody case. -_- Like goodness, y'all can't even try to GET A POINT ON EACH OTHER and instead go after the 'ones not talking'. Oh my! How quaint!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 30, 2018, 11:52:28 am »

webadict: if, let's say, for example, there are two scum in the game, and two benign tp's who are all alive for this hypothetical; will the scum win in the event that the members of the town faction are equal to or less than two living members?
It might depend on which Third Parties specifically, but in general, no. If you want more information, you'll need to be more specific about which Third Parties.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 30, 2018, 12:07:24 pm »

I would rather not risk having Tiruin possibly lynched just because she was sick. And I don't really understand why IcyTea voted for Tiruin so suddenly either. It honestly kinda looks like a bandwagon formed on the last moments of the day on someone who wasn't able to defend themselves to get an easy lynch. At least we would conirm quinnr's ability to duplicate and hand out prizes if he flips and that would benefit town tomorrow if he's telling the truth.

The point is: Why Tiruin? A bandwagon formed on the only one who we knew wasn't able to defend themselves because of being sick and not, say, someone we had scum reads on, one of the thirds or quinnr. It literally came out of nowhere.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59