Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86605 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FoU is a third yes, but confirming that he tells the truth about his role and that he can side with town would be better than the risk of accidentally lynching a town member if the ability to do the time loop is fake.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

If the time loop is fake, we have someone who is probably scum(Hector).

I could go for BlackHeartKabal. Mightymushroom's reasons apply.
~~~
Hector: You're an excellent scum hunter. Of everyone today other than me or you, who do you think is most likely to be mafia?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FoU:

Can you deal out the abilities you have received by trade?

I see where the wincon needs you to have them, but hypothetically we pony up four abilities. You win. Then can you give them back?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sadly, I can't give them back by default.

If I gained an ability that allowed me to give them back, or somebody else gained an ability that let me give them back to them...

If anyone has an ability that copies other abilities, they could copy my ability that lets people give abilities to me...

There might be ways, I just can't do it by default.
~~~
Fun fact: randomgenericusername's And Now For Something Completely Different lets him gain a new ability based on his target's role. This could let him gain an ability to receive actions as gifts... or he could give it to me. My win condition counts actions gained in any way. As such, it is extremely valuable to me.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

I did say I wanted that over TP benign confirm I guess.

BHK also accepted FoU’s offer, which is bothersome.

But I also worry about FoU hmmmm.

Ah well.

BHK
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, been a bit lurky just as I haven't had much to say, but I've been keeping up. I no longer suspect mightymushroom, due to that really helpful analysis on car speeds and totally agree with everything in that post. So I'm going to switch my vote from mighty to BlackHeartKabal for the reasons stated there, as I agree that it would be better to use the alleged time loop to get some more useful information, especially since FallacyOfUrist has come out with a lot more details on how their role works.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That prettyy much answers FoU’s question re: suspicious folks this day. BHK also did something else suspect, but I can’t remember what it was. FoS’ing RGU, probably, but I am townreading RGU *shrug*

Other persons I would do it with would be quinnr or Shakerag/Tiruin, since quinnr hasn’t posted much and those two are the other experienced lot, so it would be nice to have them confirmed one way or t’other.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Other persons I would do it with would be quinnr or Shakerag/Tiruin, since quinnr hasn’t posted much and those two are the other experienced lot, so it would be nice to have them confirmed one way or t’other.
So you value confirming a third party over confirming town or scum? Or figuring how crazy Shakerag's role is?
*sigh* This is why we can't have nice things  D:

So, anyway, since I figure there's a better than 50% chance of either scum or some vigilante tossing a kill my way just due to me being one of the oldest players here, I might as well try to experience what craziness I can out of my role while I can.

webadict:  I offer the moderator a game.  The stakes are a life.  I pick tails.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WAIT WHAT

So you're... gambling with webadict to either die or gain a 1-shot revive? Neat.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bearing in mind FoU has put me up for the mafiakill by twice saying I’m an awesome scumhunter :p

Colour me intrigued though. Will you explain what’s going to happen, or just let us figure it out when webadict processes it?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

I find it incredible that we're talking about using lynch + time loop as a super inspect and all anybody can come up with is to get a little more dirt on the guy that the consensus is, "I think he's telling the truth."  We could use it on somebody completely unknown. Personally I favor targeting someone not FoU in the top race tier.

Yes I know that includes me if weren't protected. Well, I already said if you can find a way around that then I am not afraid.

If I think that it makes sense for FoU as third party to have top race speed, unfortunately it makes equal sense for at least one of the scumteam to be up there too.
I don't think it's FoU. I don't think it's me. Between the other three, hmm. I'll be honest, there's no pressure on any of them. Nothing to pull the trigger.

On the other hand, if it strikes a town player in the top tier? Confirmed townie who can win races for us.
In the category of people I might want confirmed BHK stands out for already accepting the meet with FoU. If there is broad consensus that FoU is indeed third party, wouldn't it be great to have a confirmed town on the other side of that meeting and protected all night? Then he can come back and race like mad tomorrow.

With that in mind Vote BlackHeartKabal.
If he flips scum, it's a win. If he flips town it's also a win.
And if I flip third? Which I will?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I suppose that explains my motive for giving Fallacy my ability. I dunno how to use it, and all it does is mess with races, so why not?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well a full claim would go down well at this point, then, given what FoU went through.

Wincon and... well anything relevant.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well a full claim would go down well at this point, then, given what FoU went through.

Wincon and... well anything relevant.
I win if I survive, quite apparently. I have a roleblock that lets me permanently gain one of three abilities from the target, being immunity (???), a protection, and a 25 MPH boost. Getting all 3 of my abilities gives me a single one shot kill that pierces absolutely anything that I can use as a free action.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. And quick, because we don't have much time.

And hopefully, some way of verifying. You supplied some level of verification when you successfully gave me your ability that... isn't actually a hit.

I dunno how to use it, and all it does is mess with races, so why not?

What it seems to do is stop a car from moving for one subphase. Neat.

Oh my goodness I had a thought.

If time is going to loop, then the actions I gain are going to return to their original owners.

Extra, extra, pay attention! If you want some way of verifying your role claim later on, you can send me your abilities!* After all, they'll return to sender when this phase is done.

*Role claim verification costs one action.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 59