Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86474 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could give the action, but that would make me completely vulnerable to guns and other nasty things during the day phase. Apparently also makes me immune to hits, so I would rather keep it.

I don't think having my role fully visible to everyone is "tame."
It is.  Trust me.
I'll assume you also picked 11 then.

Did anyone NOT pick 11 here?
I picked a 7.

RGU - What the hell?
Fallacy - You sound like a third party, IMO. If you are, why shouldn't you be lynched?

Huh??
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

What are you selling, Fallacy? You're saying what you want in return, but not what you're offering.

What I will tell you is that I have an action that protects my target from all night actions, at the expense of preventing them from acting that night.

I need more details on this before committing. How does it work? Specifically wanting to know about the mechanics of how it prevents the receiver from acting, but feel free to include other details you think I’d be interested in.

Also, why Tiruin?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

I could give the action, but that would make me completely vulnerable to guns and other nasty things during the day phase. Apparently also makes me immune to hits, so I would rather keep it.

I don't think having my role fully visible to everyone is "tame."
It is.  Trust me.
I'll assume you also picked 11 then.

Did anyone NOT pick 11 here?
I picked a 7.

RGU - What the hell?
Fallacy - You sound like a third party, IMO. If you are, why shouldn't you be lynched?

Huh??
That role of yours.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

FallacyofUrist:  Why use a hit action so early, and especially on a random target?
No real reason not to use it, considering that we're all in the same position(unless that ? weirdness is hiding a different position). Seeing as we're all equal, I selected a random target.

I suppose I could have used it to emphasize a vote, or used it as a threat or whatnot, but it didn't occur to me at the time.
~~~
[1] I could give the action, but that would make me completely vulnerable to guns and other nasty things during the day phase. Apparently also makes me immune to hits, so I would rather keep it.

[2] Huh??

[1]: Fair enough. Also, immune to hits? Wow.
[2]: Probably talking about your role. Your absurd "reveal at start" role.

1: Because I'm not an anti-town third party. Furthermore, because my ability will help keep the number of night deaths lower, which puts more emphasis onto voting, where town have the advantage.
2: Because, y'know, there are actual scum to hunt. Lynching me is the easy way out, and doesn't really gain town anything. It's a wasted lynch.
3: Because I can be very useful, as mentioned in 1.
~~~
Also, why Tiruin?
It was a completely random roll. I rolled 1d9, got a 9. My shots in later subphases will be determined by how well everyone is doing, powerups, the situation in general, et cetera.

I need more details on this before committing. How does it work? Specifically wanting to know about the mechanics of how it prevents the receiver from acting, but feel free to include other details you think I’d be interested in.
Glad you asked. Basically, the action prevents my target from taking any actions. I think it's different than a roleblock, though it accomplishes the same thing.

I'm capable of receiving payment at any time. I require payment before day end in exchange for choosing the target of my ability, but I can also receive payment during the night for my other services.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Apparently also makes me immune to hits, so I would rather keep it.
I'm not sure if I've understood it right, but wouldn't hits against you be pointless, if you're going to finish last anyway due to being in the stands?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's probably right too. Damn.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I should note a few rules that were perhaps unclear:

1) You are given one (1) hit per Day Subphase. This hit can ONLY be used during that Subphase, and does not transfer to later Subphases. Use 'em or lose 'em, baby!
2) Hits are hidden from view, but can be used in thread. It's up to you to be sneaky and backstabbing.
3) When your car hits 0 KPH, your car is OUT OF THE RACE for this Day. Your cars will be repaired by the next Day, so don't worry too much.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1: Because I'm not an anti-town third party. Furthermore, because my ability will help keep the number of night deaths lower, which puts more emphasis onto voting, where town have the advantage.

Wincon, please.

Also, shaky logic, considering town could have ways of reducing the night kill count on their own. You're going to be accepting the "best" bid, however you quantify that. Doesn't have to be from town, does it?

2: Because, y'know, there are actual scum to hunt. Lynching me is the easy way out, and doesn't really gain town anything. It's a wasted lynch.

How confident, on a scale of -1 to 11, do you feel in that last sentence?

3: Because I can be very useful, as mentioned in 1.

To scum and potentially other town unaligned factions, too.

Glad you asked. Basically, the action prevents my target from taking any actions. I think it's different than a roleblock, though it accomplishes the same thing.

I'm capable of receiving payment at any time. I require payment before day end in exchange for choosing the target of my ability, but I can also receive payment during the night for my other services.

And payment comes in the form of another player's... abilities? actions?

You'd probably be best letting us know about these other services here, considering you've all but claimed TP.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Yeah, this forum hasn't exactly had the most encouraging historical attitudes toward self-claimed third parties.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[1] Wincon, please.

[2] Also, shaky logic, considering town could have ways of reducing the night kill count on their own. You're going to be accepting the "best" bid, however you quantify that. Doesn't have to be from town, does it?

[3] How confident, on a scale of -1 to 11, do you feel in that last sentence?

[4] To scum and potentially other town unaligned factions, too.

[5] And payment comes in the form of another player's... abilities? actions?

[6] You'd probably be best letting us know about these other services here, considering you've all but claimed TP.

First, a note: Just got informed I can't actually receive used up actions as payment. Shame.

[1]: Acquiring a sufficient number of actions that I didn't start the game with.
[2]: Town could have ways of reducing the kill count on their own, but that doesn't mean my ability isn't effective.
[3]: I'm not scum. The town wins by lynching scum. 11.
[4]: Assuming there are more town than scum, you'll be able to outbid them.
[5]: Actions. With at least some use remaining.
[6]: I could be persuaded to reveal one of the other services I can offer, for a price. One action, please. You willing to pony up for the good of the town?
~~~
Yeah, this forum hasn't exactly had the most encouraging historical attitudes toward self-claimed third parties.
I'll admit I'm getting worried.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1 Morning: No One Expects Whom?
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2018, 02:39:50 pm »

[1] Wincon, please.

[2] Also, shaky logic, considering town could have ways of reducing the night kill count on their own. You're going to be accepting the "best" bid, however you quantify that. Doesn't have to be from town, does it?

[3] How confident, on a scale of -1 to 11, do you feel in that last sentence?

[4] To scum and potentially other town unaligned factions, too.

[5] And payment comes in the form of another player's... abilities? actions?

[6] You'd probably be best letting us know about these other services here, considering you've all but claimed TP.

First, a note: Just got informed I can't actually receive used up actions as payment. Shame.

[1]: Acquiring a sufficient number of actions that I didn't start the game with.

Define "sufficient".

[2]: Town could have ways of reducing the kill count on their own, but that doesn't mean my ability isn't effective.

Of course. We do know, however, that you're not town-aligned.

[3]: I'm not scum. The town wins by lynching scum. 11.

I meant about the lynch being wasted.

[4]: Assuming there are more town than scum, you'll be able to outbid them.

So... how exactly are you going to choose winning bids?

[6]: I could be persuaded to reveal one of the other services I can offer, for a price. One action, please. You willing to pony up for the good of the town?

If you can convince me how allowing one of my actions to be taken away from control of the town is good for the town, sure.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2018, 02:58:35 pm »

[1] Define "sufficient".

[2] Of course. We do know, however, that you're not town-aligned.

[3] I meant about the lynch being wasted.

[4] So... how exactly are you going to choose winning bids?

[5] If you can convince me how allowing one of my actions to be taken away from control of the town is good for the town, sure.

[1]: Four.
[2]: Being non-town doesn't make me anti-town. Anyways, simply using my ability helps reduce deaths by random chance of hitting someone using a kill or someone going to be killed.
[3]: Me being dead doesn't help the town win. Mafia being dead does help the town win. 11/11, still.
[4]: First, how many actions are being bid. In the event of a tie between how many actions are being bid, I'll ask for some information on the abilities being bid. If their utility is roughly equal, I'll throw dice.
[5]: The question is, is it good for the town to learn about my other options? And second, is the town learning about my other options worth the town losing one of your abilities?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2018, 03:07:47 pm »

I must have missed something. When did Fallacy claim third party?

Also, if Fallacy is third, then we probably shouldn't give him roles, right? He could be lying or later side with the mafia with all the stolen abilities.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2018, 03:10:33 pm »

@FoU: What'll happen when you die? Like... to you, and any roles you've been gifted/bought?

I must have missed something. When did Fallacy claim third party?

Also, if Fallacy is third, then we probably shouldn't give him roles, right? He could be lying or later side with the mafia with all the stolen abilities.

I like you.

Anyway:

1: Because I'm not an anti-town third party.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2018, 03:13:36 pm »

I mean, giving a single player many abilities is almost always a bad idea, even if they are town. Unblockable kills are a thing, also mafia roleblockers could constantly target him every night. And they are still limited to one action at night unless they get an auto that let's them do multiple actions.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59