Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86475 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

So in your opinion, BHK and I are the scum team, and this is the biggest gambit ever played.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

No, you're the scum team and are unable to keep your actions from matching your words.

BHK claimed suvivor - a role that needs to survive 'til the end best achieved by not alienating either of the two main factions, claimed on D1 - but asked you to block the only player we know of that can mess with scum big time. The blocked player can kill scum and steal their kill. This does not make sense for a benign third-party.

You accepted this, despite said player outright stating that they're going to help you win the game.

You have twice encouraged same player to use that 1-shot anti-scum kill on a player you think still has a multi-shot revive, thus wasting it.

You lead the town to lynch a player that claimed unlynchable, after that player had been shown to be unlynchable, wasting one of the two lynches we've had so far.

You are trying to weaken the town further, despite claiming you've won and thus not needing to do this, and that essentially you're going to keep doing it just to polish your ego.

You think I'm untrustworthy because of a burden of proficiency on my part, despite the fact that more or less half the players in the game haven't posted a great deal on this game day, and I'm engaging with the rest.

You attempted to placate me here 'cause you're worried I'll be able to influence the town to lynch you, which will essentially confirm your partner as scum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's kinda late here and I'm too tired to focus, so I'll be back tomorrow. Night.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Guess we could ask webadict:

webadict:1. how would the following two scenarios appear in the end of day flavour text:

a) someone with a revive gets lynched.

b) someone who is unlynchable gets lynched.

2. You seem to have missed MM's question about whether or not an Outside stays in the game once they've won. Would an Outsider that achieves their wincon remain in the game?
I assume you mean the end day modtext, and not the flavor text, which could have infinitely many ways it could be shown.

1a) If one is revived while lynched, they would show as being lynched and coming back to life.

1b) If one is unlynchable or immune to being lynched, such as being pardoned, they would show as being lynched and coming back to life.

2) Outsiders could have infinitely many win-conditions. That's sorta their deal with their alignment. However, using an Executioner as an example, there are wincons that do NOT end the game in a loss for the town. If their wincon does not include the end of the game, nor forces a game end, then it is possible for an Outsider to remain in the game.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Race End: Re-Race!
« Reply #679 on: May 16, 2018, 08:02:41 pm »

Well, shoot, folks at home. I've been having a HECK of a time! Just like BlackHeartKabal! He's been taken out of the race!

Vote Count
----------------------------
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist - hector13,
hector13 -
IcyTea31 - FallacyOfUrist,
mightymushroom -
quinnr - mightymushroom, Tiruin, randomgenericusername,
randomgenericusername -
Tiruin -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - IcyTea31, BlackHeartKabal, quinnr,

5 to Hammer.

Race Modifications In Effect:
 - Hits deal 1 Durability or -9999 Speed.
 - Powerup is granted at 200 KM.
 - Prize is a 1-Shot Free Roleblock.

Racer - Distance | Place | Car #
--------------------------------
FallacyOfUrist – 360 KM | 2nd | Delta
Tiruin – 345 KM | 4rd | 24601
quinnr – 330 KM | 5th | 666
hector13 – 305 KM | 2nd | 0
IcyTea31 – 300 KM | 6th | 1812
BlackHeartKabal – OUT @ 265 KM | 1st | 24
randomgenericusername – 0 KM | 7th | One, Two, Five
mightymushroom – ? KM | ?th | 8

It is now Evening.

Evening Ends around 10 AM CDT Thursday, May 17th (Or when I get to it, it's been a busy week.) Day Ends around 10 PM CDT Thursday, May 17th.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I need a more concrete claim from Tiruin before revealing what I did.

Tiruin: what did you do last night and who did you do it to?
I boop'd Mushymush ♥
Was I not clear? :V I mean if there's lacking clarity with what I do, it either means it's important and I don't want to reveal it yet other than what I targeted who I did and other trajectory paths thoughts can go from the mind.

Why are you basing your stuff on what I did?
PFP FINAAALS

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Basically ‘cause I was worried that me claiming what I did would influence the many blockers to claim they blocked me, which would be problematic because...

... I didn’t act during the night.

Any particular reason why you blocked mushy mush?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Basically ‘cause I was worried that me claiming what I did would influence the many blockers to claim they blocked me, which would be problematic because...

Any particular reason why you blocked mushy mush?
AHA, HECTOR! I blocked YOU INSTEAD and then my thoughts go on maniacal laughter while I contemplate something that didn't totally happen and am coping with humor in my stressy situation that doesn't go well at all with the tone of my words and wow I'm still typing

Ok but seriously: Mushyroom is awesome, had great tone, behavior was very edgy-in-a-spear-type-of-way, and I liked his perspective to the many things.

Also mushroom is a nice name. >_>
I mean I could've targeted you because you somehow revive somehow day actions somehow stuff in D1 I've to read yet
Or FoU because fancy shrill peacock maneuver of business marketeering
But I picked that dude because he plays the day game pretty well. At least it is confirmed he didn't do the nightkill.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, you're the scum team and are unable to keep your actions from matching your words.
I can say for certain that I'm not mafia. Can't say the same for BHK. Unable to keep my actions from matching my words... did you mean unable to keep my actions matching my words? Something doesn't add up here.

BHK claimed suvivor - a role that needs to survive 'til the end best achieved by not alienating either of the two main factions, claimed on D1 - but asked you to block the only player we know of that can mess with scum big time. The blocked player can kill scum and steal their kill. This does not make sense for a benign third-party.
Randomgenericusername explicitly said that he wasn't going to use that kill.

Huh. Checking the quicktopic, BHK never did tell me why he wanted me to roleblock randomgenricusername. I think I'd like that question answered too, actually.

You accepted this, despite said player outright stating that they're going to help you win the game.
I'm rethinking. It's possible that BHK was scum trying to sabotage me and the town.

You have twice encouraged same player to use that 1-shot anti-scum kill on a player you think still has a multi-shot revive, thus wasting it.
It would also steal any mafiakill abilities you hypothetically have, regardless of whether or not you stay dead. Proving that you're scum.

You lead the town to lynch a player that claimed unlynchable, after that player had been shown to be unlynchable, wasting one of the two lynches we've had so far.
What with what web's said, we still have no proof you're actually unlynchable instead of just being able to revive multiple times. I mean, I wish we lynched someone else in hindsight, but hindsight is 20/20.

You are trying to weaken the town further, despite claiming you've won and thus not needing to do this, and that essentially you're going to keep doing it just to polish your ego.
Are you ignoring randomgnericusername's plan to pay me with his ability factory? And the stuff I've said about wanting additional abilities for options?

You think I'm untrustworthy because of a burden of proficiency on my part, despite the fact that more or less half the players in the game haven't posted a great deal on this game day, and I'm engaging with the rest.
Not just that, there's also the shenanigans on Day 1, your tunneling of the town's most potent asset(me)... I mean look at it this way: if there was a townie you knew had two role blocks and was unkillable, you'd be busy planning how to use them. Since I'm a third party willing to help town instead, I get tunneled.

You attempted to placate me here 'cause you're worried I'll be able to influence the town to lynch you, which will essentially confirm your partner as scum.
I am trying to placate you, because I don't want to be lynched, because that ends my ability to affect the game.

Well there goes that. Why didn't you act?

Also, this could very easily be a lie covering up for you using the mafiakill.

Or FoU because fancy shrill peacock maneuver of business marketeering
Now I'm debating whether I'm more a cat or a peacock.
~~~
~~~
~~~
So hector. If I was telling the truth, how would you use my services(already hypothetically paid for by RGU)?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So hector. If I was telling the truth, how would you use my services(already hypothetically paid for by RGU)?
Sorry for asking (Yer last poooost didn't acknowledge me not being able to acknowledge you :'()
But what's your whole thing again? Summary please :))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 0 Midday: How Low Can We Go?
« Reply #685 on: May 16, 2018, 09:38:46 pm »

So here goes my full claim. I'm not going to give out my ability names and role name in case there's anything that targets based on that, but I'll paraphrase enough that you can catch my gist.

I am a crazy bus-driving wizard.

I have an auto ability that means actions can be given to me, whenever. Unusable actions and zero-shots are a no-go.

I have a jail ability, used during the day, that stops someone from acting or being acted upon during the night(with the exception being that I can still act on them). This also gives me a private quicktopic with them.

I can turn people into catgirls, and can choose whether this is a bad thing or good thing each time I do it. This is a night action.

I can remove someone's vote for the next day phase, as a night action.

I have a one-shot kill that conceals the role flip(not sure about alignment) and only allows me to see it. Night action.

All three of the above actions probably require me to use my jail action on the person I intend to act on, first.

Courtesy of BlackHeartKabal, I have a roleblock ability that lets me choose one of three other abilities to gain each time I use it. Night action.

I gained an ability which makes me immune to kills using this roleblock. I can further gain a protect and a horse(speed boost) by using the roleblock again and again, and I may be able to attain additional copies of abilities I already gained using the roleblock.

My car automatically mirrors any Hits used on me, and can cause someone else's car to stop moving for a subphase.

The scum are probably panicking right now as there's nothing they can do to stop me other than using the lynch.
Here's the summary.

The summary of the summary: I get paid stuff to jail one person and roleblock one person per night.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably block IcyTea and jail quinnr.

I didn’t act during the night ‘cause of certain checks and balances for my role, I’m somewhat risk averse.

Also yes for that very first response bit @FoU; I meant your actions don’t match your words.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

Randomgenericusername explicitly said that he wasn't going to use that kill.

Huh. Checking the quicktopic, BHK never did tell me why he wanted me to roleblock randomgenricusername. I think I'd like that question answered too, actually.

I'm rethinking. It's possible that BHK was scum trying to sabotage me and the town.
I fished for a roleblock because I didn't trust RGU, and if he were carrying out the mafiakill, it would give me evidence. And if he wasn't, then at least we know he's town. What's so flawed about the logic that it's being so contested? I don't understand.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It would give you no evidence because it would’ve been blocked, and there are at least two more blocks that we know of in the game, meaning we wouldn’t know which block would’ve blocked the kill had it not happened, nor if the scum decided not to kill, nor if there are any other killing roles in the game.

What is so suspicious of RGU?

You’re a survivor. What reason would he have for targeting you?

Do you have a mafiakill? Answer in the form of “yes I do/no I don’t have a mafiakill” please

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok but seriously: Mushyroom is awesome, had great tone, behavior was very edgy-in-a-spear-type-of-way, and I liked his perspective to the many things.

Also mushroom is a nice name. >_>
So, I guess you could say that he's a vey fun guy.  :P

Okay, now back to sleep for real this time.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59