Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86532 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Race End: Re-Race!
« Reply #645 on: May 14, 2018, 09:32:28 pm »

And they're off to a great start!

Vote Count
----------------------------
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist - hector13,
hector13 -
IcyTea31 - FallacyOfUrist,
mightymushroom -
quinnr - mightymushroom,
randomgenericusername -
Tiruin -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - IcyTea31, BlackHeartKabal, randomgenericusername, Tiruin, quinnr,

5 to Hammer.

Race Modifications In Effect:
 - Hits deal 1 Durability or -9999 Speed.
 - Powerup is granted at 200 KM.
 - Prize is a 1-Shot Free Roleblock.

Racer - Distance | Place | Car #
--------------------------------
BlackHeartKabal – 120 KM | 1st | 24
FallacyOfUrist – 120 KM | 1st | Delta
hector13 – 120 KM | 1st | 0
Tiruin – 115 KM | 4rd | 24601
quinnr – 110 KM | 5th | 666
IcyTea31 – 100 KM | 6th | 1812
randomgenericusername – 0 KM | 7th | One, Two, Five
mightymushroom – ? KM | ?th | 8

It is now Midday.

Midday Ends around 10 AM CDT Tuesday, May 14th (Or when I get to it, it's been a busy week.) Day Ends around 10 AM CDT Wednesday, May 16th, but probably more like Thursday.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:48:33 am by webadict »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 0 Midday: How Low Can We Go?
« Reply #646 on: May 14, 2018, 10:50:48 pm »

Can we see how this doesn’t make sense as a thing? FoU is lying. He’s scum trying to weaken town.
If you don't want to pay me, fine. Just means you won't be able to block the scum with my jail and roleblock.

This Uber claims to have won, yet is still in the game.
*shrugs*

Consider: we have webadict who has modded probably more games than I’ve played in, putting in a TP role that needs to gain abilities in order to win, able to accept roles from other players.

Consequently, we have one Uber-role that can do pretty much everything, with everyone else being a little bit hamstrung because they’ve had to give up their actions for said Uber to do things.
Honestly, I don't think webadict expected me to play my role this way.

This Uber, who has no horse in the race between town and scum
I can fix that. I have an ability that gives myself a horse.

I'm willing to let you try to roleblock and jail the scum to prevent the kill, as this will give us more time. I'm going to try make an ability based on hector13's role like you wanted before. In exchange, you will give us your fullclaim and continue roleblocking the scum suspects while I make more roles for you to trade. As my night ability can make an endless ammount of abilities, this will ensure that you always have a payment unless im roleblocked again. Is this good for everyone?
Everyone but hector13, probably.

...But why do you need a payment in abilities if you don't need them anymore?
I mean, I don't need them... but one, I've set a goal for myself for accruing as many abilities as possible now that I've won, for fun, and two, every ability that I gain is more services I can offer.
~~~
So here goes my full claim. I'm not going to give out my ability names and role name in case there's anything that targets based on that, but I'll paraphrase enough that you can catch my gist.

I am a crazy bus-driving wizard.

I have an auto ability that means actions can be given to me, whenever. Unusable actions and zero-shots are a no-go.

I have a jail ability, used during the day, that stops someone from acting or being acted upon during the night(with the exception being that I can still act on them). This also gives me a private quicktopic with them.

I can turn people into catgirls, and can choose whether this is a bad thing or good thing each time I do it. This is a night action.

I can remove someone's vote for the next day phase, as a night action.

I have a one-shot kill that conceals the role flip(not sure about alignment) and only allows me to see it. Night action.

All three of the above actions probably require me to use my jail action on the person I intend to act on, first.

Courtesy of BlackHeartKabal, I have a roleblock ability that lets me choose one of three other abilities to gain each time I use it. Night action.

I gained an ability which makes me immune to kills using this roleblock. I can further gain a protect and a horse(speed boost) by using the roleblock again and again, and I may be able to attain additional copies of abilities I already gained using the roleblock.

My car automatically mirrors any Hits used on me, and can cause someone else's car to stop moving for a subphase.

The scum are probably panicking right now as there's nothing they can do to stop me other than using the lynch.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 14, 2018, 11:02:41 pm »

Stop you from doing what? You’re not against them. They have no reason to be panicking unless you were working against them.

Currently you’re in a claimed TP’s pocket. You’ve been working to weaken town for the entire game. Scum have absolutely no reason to want you out the game at this point.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 14, 2018, 11:03:36 pm »

Also, as per webadict, D1 will not be repeating itself if it shows up again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 15, 2018, 09:16:12 am »

Damn, that means we don't get an extra lynch against scum.

Regarding the FoU situation: I would like to know what everyone else thinks about this too. I'm not sure if we want to keep him alive or lynch him, but if we want to keep him alive, I'll bribe him with my ability making ability to keep him as townsided as possible.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 15, 2018, 09:20:17 am »

Darn? Yay?

You’ve been working to weaken town for the entire game.
In total, I have gained more abilities from BHK than I have from town. 2 vs. 1.

Currently you’re in a claimed TP’s pocket.
On Day 1-3, I won't be any longer. And the scum will basically be doomed if the town opts to pay my fees.

Scum have absolutely no reason to want you out the game at this point.
Kill immune jail keeper/roleblocker with 1-shot night-kill.

I'm not sure if we want to keep him alive or lynch him, but if we want to keep him alive, I'll bribe him with my ability making ability to keep him as townsided as possible.
Bribery is awesome!

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Race End: Re-Race!
« Reply #651 on: May 15, 2018, 11:47:37 am »

And it looks like our racers are competing at BREAKNECK speeds!

Vote Count
----------------------------
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist - hector13,
hector13 -
IcyTea31 - FallacyOfUrist,
mightymushroom -
quinnr - mightymushroom,
randomgenericusername -
Tiruin -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - IcyTea31, BlackHeartKabal, randomgenericusername, Tiruin, quinnr,

5 to Hammer.

Race Modifications In Effect:
 - Hits deal 1 Durability or -9999 Speed.
 - Powerup is granted at 200 KM.
 - Prize is a 1-Shot Free Roleblock.

Racer - Distance | Place | Car #
--------------------------------
BlackHeartKabal – 265 KM | 1st | 24
FallacyOfUrist – 240 KM | 2nd | Delta
hector13 – 240 KM | 2nd | 0
Tiruin – 230 KM | 4rd | 24601
quinnr – 220 KM | 5th | 666
IcyTea31 – 200 KM | 6th | 1812
randomgenericusername – 0 KM | 7th | One, Two, Five
mightymushroom – ? KM | ?th | 8

It is now Afternoon.

Afternoon Ends around 10 PM CDT Tuesday, May 14th (Or when I get to it, it's been a busy week.) Day Ends around 10 AM CDT Wednesday, May 16th, but probably more like Thursday.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, I was kinda expecting that someone would have negative distance or stuff like that, but everyone seems fine so far.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

webadict: if, let's say, for example, there are two scum in the game, and two benign tp's who are all alive for this hypothetical; will the scum win in the event that the members of the town faction are equal to or less than two living members?
It might depend on which Third Parties specifically, but in general, no. If you want more information, you'll need to be more specific about which Third Parties.

I adore specificity.

webadict:

Mafia or cult need to equal or outnumber "the remaining players" as part of their wincon. Do the parties they need to outnumber include Survivors? Outsiders?

Does an Outsider who fulfills their win condition thereby leave the game?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, I was kinda expecting that someone would have negative distance or stuff like that, but everyone seems fine so far.

Looks like you're missing out on the 200km power-up giveaway. :P

I just noticed . . . hector appears to be racing faster than either day one. Hm.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That’s ‘cause everybody isn’t caning me with their hits every single phase.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You were hit that many times morning D1-1?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hector13. I don't think I want you to win this race.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I love how nobody hit me with -999 speed :v
I love how I got hit 2 times, with the second one showing me something like a yellow shell.
Which has awesome situational ability flavor--'hit the target; hit everyone within 25km of the target'; I was the target. I think! :V

...Totally making my comment on the blue shell not seem innocuous but seriously it was -.-

Also about me and mushy, yes I boop'd him. I can thus trust him with MANY THINGS NOW. Because I boop'd him.
No offense meant, but I'm including you on the list in my head for purely precautionary reasons. I think we can mostly eliminate Tiruin as the NK: if there were two separate blocks then her jail was probably one of them. On the other hand, RGU's Inquisitor power hints at redirection and if the two of us ended up pointed at the same person then the block was also more likely her jail on either RGU's target (hector13) or mine (quinnr, to answer a question) than we both got moved to where FoU protected BHK.
Yeah uh >_> Yeah. Totally.

Is that an admission that you jailed one of us (and whom?) or just agreeing because I'm arguing in your defense?
Yes.
:v
I finally get to use that one-word thingy unironically. Woo.
webadict: if, let's say, for example, there are two scum in the game, and two benign tp's who are all alive for this hypothetical; will the scum win in the event that the members of the town faction are equal to or less than two living members?
It might depend on which Third Parties specifically, but in general, no. If you want more information, you'll need to be more specific about which Third Parties.

I adore specificity.

webadict:

Mafia or cult need to equal or outnumber "the remaining players" as part of their wincon. Do the parties they need to outnumber include Survivors? Outsiders?

Does an Outsider who fulfills their win condition thereby leave the game?
I'll answer for him:
NOT NECESSARILY.

Survivors can win WITH Mafia because their wincon is compatible with them. Mafia cannot win with Town because their wincon explicitly is against each other. Unless the wincondition makes one explicitly against another alignment, said alignment (and ONLY ALIGNMENT) cannot win the game at end--with some depending on whether one lives or dies or whatever. There are also Ally-type alignments, which will show up as third-party but should be treated as the alignment they are allied to; the difference is with the Mafia-Ally, they can literally be anyone (by falseclaim), but they don't have access to the Mafiacat.

hector13. I don't think I want you to win this race.
Why don't you?
Everyone: thoughts about Hector?
I still think that day fiasco about nolynchy is not that valid--I recall he's the one who caused it. :v

quinnr, activity vote for you--please act and communicate in game or mention the reason for lacking activity when able.

Hey um, I'm interested, but I lost track of your marketing history. Care to summarize your stuff for trust and such? :P
In summary: Information on my role and actions! Catgirl transformations(positive or negative effect)! Roleblocking! Jailkeeping! My hit!
That tells me NOTHING D:<
See your words as if you know nothing about them. That's how I see it. And while it has face-value because of fancy words, IT TELLS ME NOTHING OTHER THAN SOFTCLAIMING. :I

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also about me and mushy, yes I boop'd him. I can thus trust him with MANY THINGS NOW. Because I boop'd him.
:o
Awesome?  ???
Wish I could say I trust you back, but somebody roleblocked me last night so I don't have as many answers as I would like. :(

{wincon stuff}
You make it sound as if most third parties are intrinsically neutral with regard to scum wincon. But see,
unless I've mis-parsed that badly, web answers "no" when asked if scum will win the scenario presented where (town+generic thirds) outnumber them. Then hints that specific alignments may be exceptions. So I want to know whether the particular 3rds that have been claimed are exceptions to that general case. I don't know that Tiruin is mistaken, but I'd feel more certain hearing it from on high.

Everyone: thoughts about Hector?

Here goes a lot of words to say not much.

A couple folks have indicated that they are clearing him because "unlynchable" scum would be terribly broken. People seem to be accepting that word as if it is identical to what he's actually demonstrated: multiple reviving. Depending on the mechanism, it may be more or less possible to wear it down or otherwise circumvent it. Perhaps not so broken as to be unthinkable.

On the other hand, I see hector making almost all the right moves to fit in as town. The blemish, obviously, is misleading us in the time loop fiasco. I think he's definitely guilty of the small lie by trying to reassure us that it was too crazy and we would lynch him if it failed. He must have known he was protected. The meaty question is whether he was indeed mistaken when he first presented the idea of a "free" flip, or if that was a bigger lie. I can't know for certain, but the timestamp on the post where he recants is just minutes after webadict posts a vote count, meaning it's possible web had just then been online and answered a PM question.

So any case against hector is gonna need more than lingering disgruntlement, in my opinion. I think I trust both 3rd claims better than I trust anyone's town claims at this moment, but I just don't see a crack I could leverage.

That's the reason I've tried to concentrate specifically on the night kill. I can't hand you a scum team theory, but if I can eliminate a "down ballot" scum, as I've been calling them in my internal monologue, then a probable partner among the good actors is in a more precarious situation where they might be caught out.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 59