Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86746 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Afternoon: Re-Race!
« Reply #525 on: May 04, 2018, 08:28:56 pm »

It’s not a complicated question.
If it's not a complicated question, you can do it yourself in under ten minutes, then put it in a spoiler. I promise I won't read it until I've performed my own analysis(which will take a bit), as long as another player confirms that it's an alignment and reasoning for it.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 04, 2018, 08:38:50 pm »

It’s not a complicated question.
If it's not a complicated question, you can do it yourself in under ten minutes, then put it in a spoiler. I promise I won't read it until I've performed my own analysis(which will take a bit), as long as another player confirms that it's an alignment and reasoning for it.
I’m not the one making exorbitant claims about my analysis ability ;)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 04, 2018, 08:40:16 pm »

I thought it would take at least one more round of "what is it?" before you admitted anything, and I'd have to reply with something like, "I know exactly how handy it might be to someone in your position, but you don't know exactly because of my position." That sort of thing.

This thing about powerups fading, is that part of your ability, because it never said anything remotely like that on the one I gave you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 04, 2018, 08:45:04 pm »

This thing about powerups fading, is that part of your ability, because it never said anything remotely like that on the one I gave you.
I'm fairly sure all powerups go away at the end of the day, and I know for sure that the one you gave me is going to go away at day end.

So no, it's not worth a full claim. Try again later. Or now.

I’m not the one making exorbitant claims about my analysis ability ;)
When did I say I can divine the entire role from one ability plus what's publicly known, anyway?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 04, 2018, 08:53:10 pm »

I wouldn't say a powerup, which automatically fades at the end of the day(clever) is worth a full claim. Especially considering I can't analyze your role using it.

]
Power-ups vanish at the end of the day. And I can't infer anything about the role of the sender as a result of getting one.

Implying, had you received an action, you could analyze their role.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 04, 2018, 08:56:03 pm »

Infer. Analyze.

Basically, I can probably see if someone's role... aww, who am I kidding. Don't outguess the mod.

At the very least, I can guess if someone's role leans town or scum using that information.

It's more useful to be able to confirm someone's claim, really.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 04, 2018, 08:59:12 pm »

I suppose this means you never got my message about how I actually wanted my payment applied.
Well, I thought the earlier revelation about mirror hits fulfilled my terms more or less, so I suppose I might accept this later one as well.

Try again later.

If your plan works, don't you think that I indeed have given you more value than what you hold now?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 04, 2018, 09:09:01 pm »

Addenda:

Did FoU just win?
If FoU actually wins this D1, we can just blame you. :P

If I was paid enough actions to win on the first day, I would go ahead and protect whoever I was paid to protect for however long I was asked to. I might even throw in some other cool stuff. Assuming that winning doesn't remove me from the game, anyway.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 04, 2018, 09:16:39 pm »

I suppose this means you never got my message about how I actually wanted my payment applied.
... I suppose I didn't, then. Darn.

Sadly, the only means of private communication I currently possess is my ability to generate quick topics in combination with my jailing, and BHK has already paid for that for Night 1, and then some.

If your plan works, don't you think that I indeed have given you more value than what you hold now?
If you're talking about that power-up, well, it's going to fade at day end. So it's not actually that useful.
Heck, I might not even be able to use it seeing as it's a day action and my jail ability is a day action.

... maybe I should have asked if I could actually use the power-up before spilling the feline beans.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 05, 2018, 09:25:56 am »

However, I will be UNFORTUNATELY delaying Evening due to being a person. Anyhow, I can delay the Day end to the weekend or Monday, based on what's said. Evening will come tonight.

Given what time it is now, may as well kick it back to Monday.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 05, 2018, 10:24:24 am »

Okay, I didn't really understand what was just said(somdthing about powerups and cats?), but I still have that night ability that gives me an ability depending on who I use it on. I could just use it on hector13 then give the ability to FoU to solve this problem.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 05, 2018, 12:52:53 pm »

You gain an ability based off my role, which probably won't tell you anything about my alignment.

Why would you give it to FoU, though?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 05, 2018, 12:59:12 pm »

Because he wants an ability from your role to give his full claim and we don't lose anything from it. I could just make another ability based on your role later and in exchange we get the third to claim.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 05, 2018, 01:01:06 pm »

In other news, I just got a PM saying I wasn't able to use the remove from race ability on BHK. I still keep the 1-shot, so I can use it later. Oh well.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 05, 2018, 01:47:02 pm »

You're assuming he's being genuine in his claim though. BHK gets a kill with the roles he gets, what does FoU get with his?

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 59