Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86707 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Morning: Re-Race!
« Reply #420 on: May 02, 2018, 07:22:49 am »

I'll say what the misunderstanding was again, just for clarity: in some mafia games I've played, a lynch can only happen with a hammer, 'no lynch' being the default if no majority is achieved. I assumed this would be the case for Bay12 style mafia as well, but it turns out a plurality at day end is enough here.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 02, 2018, 08:17:17 am »

To be honest, I also thought that this game was going to be just hammers and no deadline.

Mightymushroom: You listed RGU as worth keeping around. Why so?

In large part because of the role powers I saw. "Completely Different" particularly strikes me as a sort of jack-of-all-backups, it would be a shame to lose it without a high degree of certainty contra RGU. Meanwhile RGU vs. everyone else is a dose of skepticism to balance my tendency to take people at their word until I have proof otherwise; it's valuable to me to have a different set of eyes and he isn't shy about putting out his views. I didn't trust him at the start what with having the actual word 'mafia' written all over his role, but gradually his play has improved my opinion to about as high as it can go sans verification. Since nobody is admitting day powers that do that, I think I can wait to see what people may report from the first night.

Incidentally, hector13 has slipped downward since I published that list; part of wanting not to lynch him at that point was my hoping the reset would be true while being less certain whether he would survive the lynch. Now that the reset is accomplished I have to take another look at his play. However, I do give credence to claim of being unlynchable due to my surmise that his car number is also his Web Number. If Moony is based around -1, then (at least one time power + zero) = not quite here in the normal sense?

Thanks, but even if there were investigators they wouldn't be able to confirm that I'm town because of my auto that makes me always investigate as mafia. The auto which also let's me use the 1-shot "mafiakill" to steal a mafiakill. I would prefer to use it on someone that I think is probably scum before gettig rid of the auto if I don't get another "mafiakill". Otherwise, I would keep it to be able to continue being vigilante.

About my ability to gain more abilities, it depends on role themes, so it could kind of be used as a pseudo-investigation.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 02, 2018, 09:00:20 am »

What makes you think FoU is being townish?
Probably my scum hunting? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that's not what it is.

waste it again on me
You've said this so many times. You really don't want to be lynched, do you? And I don't think it's because you're unlynchable.

hector13: If I'm scum, who's my scumbuddy? And if I'm scum, how does that fit my powers?

And hector...

quinnr is among the people I am suspicious of.
Yes, but why are you suspicious of him?

You're missing this question. Still.

I laid out why I think FoU is lying scum, perhaps he’d like to do the same

To summarize:
1. "Oh I'm sorry the loop doesn't actually work" just before the day was due to end. After you explicitly said that the auto explicitly mentioned the lynch.
2. Panicky behavior as I focus on you. I highly doubt you would have voted me if I didn't vote you.
3. Refusing to bloody answer the question about why you think quinnr is suspicious.
4. A lack of actual scumhunting. He's focused on me, a claimed and relatively validated(if anyone else would like proof of my abilities, they're free to send actions to me) third party. Could I be lying? Maybe, but it would be ridiculous for scum to draw attention on themselves like this. Doesn't mean it's impossible, but does mean it's unlikely.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 02, 2018, 10:58:43 am »

hector13, you've got balls, I'll give you that.

Yeah I mean if I'm scum this is a pretty crap gambit, which flies in the face of FoU saying I'm some mafia savant.

Perhaps I should repeat myself, since the day has repeated:

I made an assumption regarding the extent of my auto, specifically that the lynchee would revive. I told you all that, and then I saw where the inevitable shade would go, so I told y'all that I was unlynchable, but y'all ignored me and discovered that I was, in fact, unlynchable, which is why I revived.

So, have we learned any lessons yet, or are we just going to piss this day away as well and lynch me again to really make sure this time?

PFP (because sudden workload hits like truck)
Unlynchable people do not revive. They do not get lynched.
You serious you're connecting those terms correctly or what?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 02, 2018, 11:02:58 am »

Also that.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 02, 2018, 11:08:07 am »

Yeah I mean if I'm scum this is a pretty crap gambit, which flies in the face of FoU saying I'm some mafia savant.

I made an assumption regarding the extent of my auto, specifically that the lynchee would revive. I told you all that, and then I saw where the inevitable shade would go, so I told y'all that I was unlynchable, but y'all ignored me and discovered that I was, in fact, unlynchable, which is why I revived.

So, have we learned any lessons yet, or are we just going to piss this day away as well and lynch me again to really make sure this time?

That's right. No idea why didn't I notice that before. If he was truly unlynchable, he wouldn't have died and revived. That means he lied about being unable to be lynched too, then.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 02, 2018, 11:09:07 am »

So how about we lynch the lying scumbag?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 02, 2018, 11:18:15 am »

I'm counting 2 votes on Hector--BHK retracted his, and other than FoU, we've got RGU voting him, and I thought I was voting him but then I was thinking about the other game :v (as in 'did I post here yet') Hector13, also FoU has 2 votes on him now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 02, 2018, 01:16:33 pm »

Okay.

hector13

That's L-1. If I don't die, we lynch FoU tomorrow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 02, 2018, 01:18:02 pm »

We're not going to move past this until we waste it again apparently, but it's cool guys. I deserve it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 02, 2018, 01:39:19 pm »

Nice gambit, if you're scum. If you really are town, my apologies.

Now, could you please tell me this:

quinnr is among the people I am suspicious of.
Yes, but why are you suspicious of him?
And if you ask me why: because it's for the good of the town to know why you're suspicious of someone.

What's your Web Number, anyway?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 02, 2018, 01:49:58 pm »

I was pressure voting him, which would have been made clear had you done what I asked and read his D1-1 contribution.

Seriously though, I’d like to know what the rest of the town intend to do when I’m shown to be unlynchable. Again.

My web number contains a number between -1 and 11, inclusive.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 02, 2018, 01:58:25 pm »

I mean personally I’m curious why town is willing to be lead off a cliff by a claimed TP, but I’m obvscum because I’m lying about everything so what does it matter.

unvote

If y’all want to do something stupid it’s done without me contributing to it and crying to myself that the first time apparently wasn’t enough to convince you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 02, 2018, 02:03:23 pm »

I was pressure voting him, which would have been made clear had you done what I asked and read his D1-1 contribution.
You said you found him suspicious. Why did you find him suspicious?

Seriously though, I’d like to know what the rest of the town intend to do when I’m shown to be unlynchable. Again.
If you're found to be unlynchable(which I doubt), they'll probably either lynch me or find someone who jumped on your bandwagon and lynch them. That's my guess.

My web number contains a number between -1 and 11, inclusive.
Just so you know, I have at least one ability.

Is this something that's worth being cagey about?

unvote
What a surprise.

If y’all want to do something stupid it’s done without me contributing to it and crying to myself that the first time apparently wasn’t enough to convince you.
One times is nothing. Two times is a coincidence. Three times is a pattern. Of course, there's no such thing as a coincidence. So if you survive the lynch this time, good enough for me.

Tell you what. I have BHK's roleblock. Tell me who you think I should roleblock. If you survive the lynch again, I'll roleblock that person. Hopefully that should stop the mafiakill, so town doesn't go down in number as a result of my mistake.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 02, 2018, 02:16:37 pm »

Yes it is a surprise that I remove a stupid, emotional anti-town vote. I’m frustrated by what’s happening because I know this is a fruitless task for town that I told y’all about the first time it was going to happen, but I can be sensible and not make it worse by doing something I know is wrong.

I’m not going to get much pressure from someone if I tell them I don’t think they’re suspicious, am I?

I have no idea if there are abilities in the game that target specific web numbers, why should I make it easier to figure out mine?

Roleblock one of quinnr, IcyTea and Tiruin. Probably Tiruin; she should know better.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 59