Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 101

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 188823 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1425 on: September 21, 2023, 09:28:03 am »

I didn't realize I was playing the Amazing Drug Addict Simulator!
I mean, that's basically the entire cultivation / Xianxia genre. Becoming a god-like hero is like 10% hard work, and 90% consuming a pill that's made of dragon scales, phoenix feathers, and bark from the tree of life.

Edit: FFS, how do I keep ending up at the top of a new page with only moderately relevant replies?

I'm still working my way through Baldur's Gate 3. Just entering Act II with both my single player game and a multi-player game (2 PCs). They really did an amazing job of keeping what can be a very text/conversation-heavy game relevant for multiple players. Any conversation can be dropped into so that you can listen in, and when the other player is choosing replies, you can mark which option you favor, which will highlight it on the screen and put a little portrait of the person voting for it next to it. For combat, we've divvied it up so that each of us is controlling our both our player character and one of the NPCs, which usually results in always having things to do.

I've heard that the game loses some of it's focus in Act III, but at least up to the start of Act II, I've just been blown away - the developers have done a really great job in tying things together and allowing for very different playstyles, even without going on the fully evil path. For instance, my single player game has an entire additional (friendly) town, since my murderhobo of a brother picked a fight with the high mushroom lord of the Underdark.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 09:41:03 am by AlStar »

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: September 21, 2023, 05:26:27 pm »

-Kagus Lifeweb summary snip-
that sounds… really cool but also mostly awful
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: September 21, 2023, 10:34:44 pm »

Sad thing is, I was curious about what on earth was going on in there and did a quick search on it... the most informative result was a Reddit post from about seven years ago that was substantially the same.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: September 22, 2023, 01:23:03 am »

That's an incredibly apt summary. So many really really cool ideas and implementations, drowning in the morass that is everything else. A tragic shame.

And yeah, it's really difficult to find any real information on the thing... You really have to dig around, and eventually find random private domains where someone got pissed off and decided to try putting up an anonymously-posted partial guide (when these are discovered, and when possible, they're forcibly made obsolete by changing the game to no longer match the advice given. Because that's a healthy way of running a game)

Although, bizarrely, there are a few gameplay videos on YouTube. ...the question remains as to how informative those videos are, but eh.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: September 24, 2023, 10:26:51 pm »

Sunrise on another world
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 25, 2023, 07:55:57 am »

Stumbled into The Telwynium: Book One yesterday evening and decided to give it a shot.

Lots of old 80/90s Sierra EGA adventure nostalgia (without the constant dying). Quite a short one, but entertaining. I'll have to check the second and third parts, too.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 25, 2023, 08:45:25 pm »

Playing Earth Defense Force 4.1. I think I'm going to develop PTSD (okay not really) from fighting giant bugs and robots as explosions and screams go off all around.

Like, for all the schlocky B-movie plot and voice acting it is genuinely and intensely unnerving to play on some stages. Whether it's a swarm of four-meter-tall ants in a massive underground cavern (crawling over the walls and even the ceiling in their attempts to kill you) or a formation of ten-story mechs stretching across the horizon with energy weapons blazing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: September 26, 2023, 05:55:32 pm »

Been messing around on the OG stick ranger. Honestly, better than the second one that's presently being worked on.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: October 03, 2023, 04:17:44 am »

So after much consideration, I decided to play Genshin Impact. It has an anime (ew) arstyle, but it has its charm, you know?

Anyways. Paimon is cute. The wind town castle thingie is neat. It is very fun to climb. You can climb over almost anything in the game, which is very great. I also love the gliding ability. It is so convenient.

Female character wise... ehhhh just your garden variety anime girls. But male character wise... twinks. Twinks, twinks, twinks, EVERYWHERE!. I do get the idea that the people in the studio love twinks (and so do I) from the sheer abundance of them at every corner of the game world. But why no larger man exist? Like, even the mountain trolls are twinks. That's kinda over-twinkage. Kinda hate it how handsome they all are.

Magic system is kinda cliche. Elemental magicks, water, air, fire, whatever have you.

It is neat, but just, kinda weird? 7/10
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: October 03, 2023, 05:50:56 am »

I'm playing a game called Shadows of Doubt. Incredibly fun detective game where the city is randomized and the murders are procedurally generated. Buggy as hell and early access but that hasn't stopped me from playing it for hours. Lots of things can be fixed with a save and load, or if things somehow get really fucky, make a new city.

Fingerprints, footprints, surveillance cameras, sales records, handwriting types, phone records, photographs, passwords, air vents, breaking into apartments, and a bunch of other things I've forgotten about.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 04, 2023, 08:09:27 am »

Female character wise... ehhhh just your garden variety anime girls. But male character wise... twinks. Twinks, twinks, twinks, EVERYWHERE!. I do get the idea that the people in the studio love twinks (and so do I) from the sheer abundance of them at every corner of the game world. But why no larger man exist? Like, even the mountain trolls are twinks. That's kinda over-twinkage. Kinda hate it how handsome they all are.
This is the second time in the last few months I've seen someone comment on this, heh. And yeah, GI's basically wall to wall twink, the thickest thing on there is probably Itto and Itto is... not thicc. At all. The game basically has one (adult) male body type and it ain't got no heft to it.

Forget which ones, but there's apparently one or two other major gacha games out there that do have swolebois of note, but genshin ain't it (it ain't FGO, either, iirc -- they got some, but they're apparently pretty boring about presentation, which is removes any credit they get on that front).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 05, 2023, 01:27:56 am »

I gave Terraria an honest try for the first time this week and I'm already hooked.

I tried playing it on the PS Vita ages ago, and the controls just broke me on it, then for ages I couldn't run it on anything (it's not particularly poorly optimized but I guess there's too much going on for a weak laptop.) Now...like 15 years late, I'm finally playing it. I played a ton of Starbound when it first came out, which I enjoyed as a time waster in uni, but Terraria feels a lot more...sharp? It's a tighter experience. Been wasting time building bases instead of fighting bosses/getting good gear. Loving every minute of that.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: October 05, 2023, 11:24:06 am »

I like building deep wells

Honestly ny gameplay loop in trrraria is to  unlock the demolitionist and then get money to dig deep wells using lots of bombs
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: October 05, 2023, 09:06:58 pm »

I still fire it up and run through the boss list of some mod pile monstrosity every month or two. Burned through most of a cataclysm/redemption (plus pile of other things) just last week or so. Got distracted from actually finishing the fargo soul's ultimate item for the second time, but cleared out most of the rest of it.

I can't see myself ever playing terraria again without magic storage, though, or at least one of the other storage managing mods. The vanilla experience regarding inventory management and crafting is kinda' miserable in comparison, heh. Tmodloader being integrated into steam makes it mostly super painless to mod, happily, which is nice.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: October 05, 2023, 11:21:20 pm »

Starbound is pretty horrendous for collectables, but Terraria has a more specific upgrade tree that is a bit exhausting when it comes to sell/keep decisions. That said, it is way more varied than Starbound and that part is nice. I've been trying to go in relatively blind, but I do occasionally look up /why/ something is labelled as a material, as well as some advice on what to keep (silt/slush, any accessory) for later useage.

For example, I got some of the Snow Armor set from zombies and was about to sell it when I saw it was a 'material'. I then looked it up, expecting to see some fancy upgraded snow armor or something, but it's actually just dyed pink. It'd be nice to have either a bottomless pit to throw stuff into if I'm unsure about it, or an in-game way to check that stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 101