Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 101

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 188509 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1380 on: August 01, 2023, 04:46:31 am »

I don't know what's with people and doing that, if I remember a point in that thread where the drama had been over for at least a month and suddenly Toady shows up to remove part of it, I still don't get why it was such a big thing that needed Toady involved even after all that time.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 01, 2023, 09:18:45 am »

Can we get a different moderator? I remember a while back Kitfox issued DF a community manager. Can't she do it? ToadyOne really has better things to do.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 02, 2023, 01:13:52 am »

This is dangerously off-topic but honestly I love Toady's nuclear style of moderating and the community it curates. If the rare loss of ability to make threads for drama-magnet games is a cost for that moderation, it's one I'm enthusiastic to pay, personally.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 02, 2023, 05:05:52 am »

This is dangerously off-topic but honestly I love Toady's nuclear style of moderating and the community it curates. If the rare loss of ability to make threads for drama-magnet games is a cost for that moderation, it's one I'm enthusiastic to pay, personally.
Agreed!
Hence why I created a thread elsewhere to discuss Cataclysm DDA.
It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 02, 2023, 05:13:16 am »

I've always felt that adding more mods to the forum would rune what we have here and I'd rather that not happen.

Also what's stopping people from mentioning Cataclysm here in this thread?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 02, 2023, 01:16:28 pm »

It's ok to discuss Cataclysm and forks ... as long as you only whisper :D

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 04, 2023, 07:09:39 am »

With AC6 on the horizon I finally decided to invest in a proper controller (tho I think it might be better with K+M but we'll see) as I've only ever dabbled in them since most stores here sell only the cheapest and shittiest non-brand crap (literally wrong input mapping, the analog sticks being glorified direction inputs and the like).

So with a proper x-box controller in hand I decided to give Elden Ring another go, and boy it's a completely different game, like I'm learning to play it all over again. Even if I know the enemies and what they do, it's an experience wrestling with the controls to do what I want.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 04, 2023, 09:06:43 am »

I picked up Planescape Torment off of a Humble Bundle for $1 a while back, but only just recently got around to installing and playing it.

The graphics are definitely showing their age - the overhead map, where you'll (luckily) be spending 99% of your time, has BG1-style pixel graphics, which work fine. However, for some reason they decided to go with 3D CGI for character portraits, and it's about as bad as 90's-era CGI can get.

Everything that I'd previously heard about this game is that the combat and gameplay generally take a back-seat to the excellent character interactions. I agree strongly that they've really managed to pack an amazing amount of characterization into just about everyone you meet and talk to - you really get the feeling like you're dealing with a bunch of eccentrics who are stuck in a city where the dead walk, horrors roam the streets, and just about any doorway can be an inadvertent portal to a different universe.

What I did not realize was that, when people said the combat wasn't the main focus of the game... they were saying that it's not very good, not that it wasn't constantly thrown at you. You can't walk through the city streets without getting beset by packs of brigands. Crypts are nonstop hordes of zombies, skeletons, bats, and rats.

Things have gotten easier now that I've found an enchanted dagger, trained up my skill with blades, and finally gotten my AC down, but at the start I was in danger of going broke, just because every fight ended up costing multiple healing items.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 09:17:04 am by AlStar »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 04, 2023, 10:23:41 am »

What I did not realize was that, when people said the combat wasn't the main focus of the game... they were saying that it's not very good, not that it wasn't constantly thrown at you. You can't walk through the city streets without getting beset by packs of brigands. Crypts are nonstop hordes of zombies, skeletons, bats, and rats.

So true. One of the worst games in the genre when it comes to filler combat
Love, scriver~

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 04, 2023, 12:26:19 pm »

What I did not realize was that, when people said the combat wasn't the main focus of the game... they were saying that it's not very good, not that it wasn't constantly thrown at you. You can't walk through the city streets without getting beset by packs of brigands. Crypts are nonstop hordes of zombies, skeletons, bats, and rats.

If you roll a spellcaster...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 06, 2023, 11:24:31 pm »

Final Fantasy XIV.  I've finally finished Shadowbringers, run through the final capstones for both the role and Crystalline Mean quests, and I'm currently doing the level 80 class quests. 

Spoiler: Class quest spoilers (click to show/hide)

Since everything I have is at or almost at the level cap, I'll likely be running through the rest of the class quests over the next couple days since they're all unlocked.  After that, I'll start on the Shadowbringer postgame content as I find time to run through each in sequence: Eden, Nier, Bozja, and MSQ, likely in that order. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 11:26:54 pm by Culise »

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 07, 2023, 02:46:20 am »

Stationeers!    https://store.steampowered.com/app/544550/Stationeers/

Visited an open server created by 2 other players I didn’t know before, and I’ve been spending most of last week there.
I really love this game. The focus on engineering over combat, and the (high) level of details when constructing setups fit very well with me. I can’t wait to get back and experiment with the phase changes NO2, - yes, the ‘puzzels’ this ‘game’ throws at you involves full temperature/pressure diagrams for various chemicals.
Step by step this gem is getting closer to ‘Space Station 13’ (which I’ve never dared to play).

My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 07, 2023, 04:43:33 am »

BTW: I will be happy to show anyone the ropes, if you leave a comment or manages to contact me. :-)  It would be great to have a Bay12 server some day, as the potential for catastrophe is only rivaled by Dwarf Fortress. ;-)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 15, 2023, 04:10:15 am »

Ender Lilies, anime 2D Bloodborne. Thinking all the while that it would probably make a nice, if nonsensical, mod for Dominions. That i would never make, because i haven't enough patience to even properly recolor a unit sprite. Fuck my life. The game is nice, though.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 04:15:26 am by MCreeper »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 15, 2023, 04:32:31 am »

Visited an open server created by 2 other players I didn’t know before, and I’ve been spending most of last week there.
I really love this game. The focus on engineering over combat, and the (high) level of details when constructing setups fit very well with me. I can’t wait to get back and experiment with the phase changes NO2, - yes, the ‘puzzels’ this ‘game’ throws at you involves full temperature/pressure diagrams for various chemicals.
Step by step this gem is getting closer to ‘Space Station 13’ (which I’ve never dared to play).

I've been eyeing that game exactly because I want more of what SS13 has to offer, without the client from 1996. But I've been hesitant because it's in early access and who knows how much content will be added. Don't want to burn myself out. Any idea how close to "done" it is?
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 101