Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 101

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 188439 times)

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1215 on: June 23, 2021, 02:14:46 pm »

Dwarf Fortress.   My champion dwarf just decapitated one of the heads of a two headed titan.  The titan then remarked "I have improved my observation.   That was satisfying".

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 23, 2021, 04:32:26 pm »

I forgot about Terminator: Resistance until last week, so I picked it up yesterday and gave it a go.

So far, I'm pretty happy with it.  It's not revolutionary in any way and I've got a few small gripes, but overall I've enjoyed it.  It nails the atmosphere pretty much perfectly so far and looks pretty good for a $40 game.  I appreciate that they include some behind the scenes stuff that didn't make it into Terminator 2, like the HK silverfish.

Combat difficulty feels a little inconsistent at times.  My first death came from a floating scout drone that I couldn't just blow away with my M16, but I've had surprising success just shooting the larger spider robots with minimal effort of ducking into cover that they can't figure out how to walk around.  Maybe it's a statement about the quality of the AI in most drones and HKs, which isn't hard to believe.  Many of the spiders are situated near conspicuously placed explosive plasma cannisters though, which feel a little out of place.

I think my biggest issue so far is that the crafting interface doesn't seem to have any way of telling you how many of each resource you have and instead just tells you if you don't have enough.  Grabbing dozens and dozens of little things in every building is getting a bit rote too.

Sneaking past invincible T-800s was fun though.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 25, 2021, 08:38:36 pm »

I tried Metal gear Rising Revengance today.  Seems to have the same issue I have with bloodborne.  Since I didn't utterly master parrying within about an hour and a half of gameplay (seriously, steam says I have about 76 minutes clocked), I cannot even get past the first boss, much less be allowed to damage it at all.  Ah well.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 25, 2021, 10:30:10 pm »

I'm playing a bunch of rare physicals for Switch including:
  • VAMPYR
  • Dragon's Dogma; Dark Arisen
  • Darkest Dungeon; Ancestral Edition
  • Hellpoint
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 27, 2021, 08:04:06 am »

Been playing Subnautica a lot lately. It's fun and looks remarkably pretty even on my aging machine, but goddamn does some of it give me the heebie-jeebies. The open ocean, darkness, confined spaces, monsters that start at half again your size and only grow larger (and with no real way to combat most of said monsters), not to mention

This game will either start or aggravate a lot of phobias.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 27, 2021, 11:04:48 am »

I have a preexisting and highly specific phobia of being in a body of water with oversized fish and unknown life forms.

I haven't played Subnautica yet but it's one of the most highly anticipated horror games on my list.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 28, 2021, 10:19:19 am »

I have a preexisting and highly specific phobia of being in a body of water with oversized fish and unknown life forms.

I haven't played Subnautica yet but it's one of the most highly anticipated horror games on my list.
My feelings exactly. It looks really cool, but simulating the experience of being immersed in a substance which could not only asphyxiate me, but is also teeming with dangerous creatures that are far more adapted to the environment than I am... yeah, that sounds like those nightmares I used to have about the shark in Banjo Kazooie when I was a kid.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 28, 2021, 01:18:55 pm »

Been doing Receiver 2 (Which you'll have seen in the "How did you last die?" thread). Game's good, the guns are simulated down to details like the rate at which you insert bullets slowing down as more are inserted into a magazine, you blink when you fire etc.

The issue is that sometimes you get into an impossible situation. You can't find ammo and there's five drones forwards and backwards, or a turret that barely moves and is staring down the only viable hallway, or a drone just seems to apparate out of thin air as best as you can tell. The audio could have done with some work too, you only seem able to hear things if there's an unobstructed line of sight between you and it, so you might not realise there's a drone right by the door you're going through until you've actually gone through it.

EDIT: Oh yes, the movement's wonky as well. Most of the time you don't notice it, but there's been a few situations where I've died because I jumped up onto a ledge, and even though I let go of W my guy decided to keep moving forward. Other times you get the opposite issue, you hold W after landing on a ledge and your character decides that even though they're firmly on it, they'll fall backwards.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 03:06:12 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 28, 2021, 06:15:16 pm »

Hacknet.

I've never felt more joy just reading chatlogs on other people's computers.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 03, 2021, 06:00:35 pm »

Currently trying to find something new.  Bought Mindustry, and refunded it.  Picked up Starship EVO, which looks like it has potential although seems to be just for building at the moment; also got Project Zomboid, which is... eh.  I want something detailed like CDDA, and it's not quite there.  Also picked up Elex, which I'm not quite sure of yet.  Past the time of returns on those, though.

I would love to find something like Subnautica though, that has that mix of exploration & building.

My feelings exactly. It looks really cool, but simulating the experience of being immersed in a substance which could not only asphyxiate me, but is also teeming with dangerous creatures that are far more adapted to the environment than I am... yeah, that sounds like those nightmares I used to have about the shark in Banjo Kazooie when I was a kid.

If you like that style of game, I would highly recommend Subnautica.  It is currently on the Steam Summer sale for $15.  I bought it way back, so had several restarts over the years as they updated it, and have 220 hours in it.

It does a fantastic job of giving you that vibe of being stranded & alone, while nudging you into new areas to follow the story, get new schematics, and get resources to build the new stuff.  Heck, with the Steam refund policy, buy it, set a timer & play it for <2 hours, then refund it if you don't like it.

And yes, it does have a bit of a pucker factor.  Although the area you start in is pretty tame (and pretty), other areas are less so.  Staying close to the rocks, listening for hostile sea life, while staying still?  Yeah.

Unfortunately, I can't quite recommend Subnautica: Below Zero as much.  It's decent, but didn't feel quite as immersive to me - probably because I felt more hemmed in by the map, instead of the (perceived) wide open map of the original.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 03, 2021, 06:11:00 pm »

elite has me on a space kick right now, so im playing that and oddly enough, x rebirth (modded of course).

im intent on repairing devries space's economy right now, starting at the top to supply their shipyard and then work my way down.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 04, 2021, 10:07:41 am »

Playing Wildermyth, and two of my adventurers -- Cally Mac and Malmuire River -- had a son together, and the random name generator named him "Maddish [something]". So, obviously, I made his name Maddish Mac Muire.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 10:29:30 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 05, 2021, 07:48:14 am »

My favourite warrior is about half plant. I won't transform her 2nd arm, but she has been in every campaign so far and I spent all my legacy points to recruit her again in the current one. I now have 3 warriors in my 5 man band, but who cares, she is the best!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 17, 2021, 07:44:54 am »

I have returned to Shadow of War after about a half-year hiatus, in order to finally wrap up an old vanity project I started way back in the way back. Considering the immense time and energy expenditure involved and the complete lack of tangible reward for actually completing it, I am beginning to really doubt my sanity.

The project: To fill an upgraded fort entirely with uruks named Dûsh. There are 7 slots, not counting bodyguards which I may or may not deal with, and I currently have 4 Dûshes pulled together.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 22, 2021, 01:03:38 am »

And I thought my goal of a region full of top tier Necromancer Assassins was a questionable excess of vanity....
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 101