Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 101

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 188345 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #915 on: March 05, 2020, 11:55:44 am »

Trying to get into Jagged Alliance 2 with its 1.13 mod.

Problem is, I can’t get close enough to my foes to reliably hit them without being shot first - and since none of my mercs have any armor, those shots are gonna hurt.

Fight at night, especially with mercs that are night fighters. The enemies don't have 360° vision either so you can get at them from behind. When you take them out without being noticed the others are not alarmed. Melee and throwing knives are good at this. Takes practice though, especially melee.
You can also take a few (not many) hits from the firearms the enemies carry at the beginning, or you could pay for a merc that has a decent starting weapon/gear.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 05, 2020, 09:07:34 pm »

I got sucked into Deep Rock Galactic thanks to the free weekend, and liked what I saw so much that I decided to buy it on the spot. I've been playing nonstop ever since and have yet to have a bad experience. There's been some ups and downs, wins and losses, but it's always been an enjoyable experience. Currently, I'm almost done with the last of the weapon unlocks, and after that I just plan to grind for gold until it stops being an issue.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 08, 2020, 01:12:24 am »

La Pucelle: Ragnarok. I'm still undecided on how I feel about it. Interesting mechanic with the energy lines stuff. And the semi-Fire Emblem combat thing is also a refreshing change from other NIS games. Story is...well, it's Nippon Ichi, so it's trash. Recruitment is very weird.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 08, 2020, 09:59:24 am »

La Pucelle: Ragnarok. I'm still undecided on how I feel about it. Interesting mechanic with the energy lines stuff. And the semi-Fire Emblem combat thing is also a refreshing change from other NIS games. Story is...well, it's Nippon Ichi, so it's trash. Recruitment is very weird.

N1 is entertaining trash.

Edit: I just lost my first attempt at ascension 17 as Silent in Slay the Spire. Snecko skull is almost a replacement for being not that great at this game. Toss in a catalyst to shave a few rounds off the fight, and you're golden.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 12:06:40 pm by Iduno »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 08, 2020, 10:48:52 pm »

im gonna try TESIV: Oblivion + DLC but im currently stuck with a strange problem, cant download mods for it. for some reason the NexusMods website doesnt let me login to my old account, needs to verify my account but the mail never arrives. tried registering a new account and still no email (seems hotmail isnt the only one tho).

not sure what is happening with the site. i could play the game right on but i kind of wanted to fix the visuals and bugs first (that character and NPC models overhaul is just too good to not install it, also the unofficial patches)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 09, 2020, 01:03:53 am »

I really don't know how Nexus got to become the "hub" for mods. Their registration is a nightmare. I've lost like three accounts and finally ran into that same problem as you - since then I've just stopped going there unless the mods can be downloaded without signing in.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 09, 2020, 07:41:06 am »

I really don't know how Nexus got to become the "hub" for mods. Their registration is a nightmare. I've lost like three accounts and finally ran into that same problem as you - since then I've just stopped going there unless the mods can be downloaded without signing in.

I think they used to be the easiest. You used to be able to download anything without registering, then they decided they hate people, and you need to spend 30 minutes trying to reset your password and reactivate your account before you can download anything. At least it sounds like everyone hates Nexus enough that people will find some new site that lets you upload files at some point.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 09, 2020, 08:17:59 am »

I have fallen into the modded Minecraft trap again. I look forward to dumping hours upon hours into this world before deleting it and despairing at the time lost.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 10:26:58 am by Mephisto »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 09, 2020, 10:26:19 am »

I think they used to be the easiest. You used to be able to download anything without registering, then they decided they hate people, and you need to spend 30 minutes trying to reset your password and reactivate your account before you can download anything. At least it sounds like everyone hates Nexus enough that people will find some new site that lets you upload files at some point.

ModDB has always been a hugely popular modding hosting website for near to 2 decades, and never required you to have an account (and do the "change your password" that nexus do every couple of years after getting things compromised) to download any mod.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 09, 2020, 04:07:03 pm »

I beat The Phantom Pain today.

Metal Gear has been a huge part of gaming for me since I was little, so it's a shame to see it go out because Konami decided to force Kojima out and ruin themselves as a games company. Kojima forcing out David Hayter was a crime in itself, too; Kiefer Sutherland hardly says anything and sounds disinterested and hung-over when he does. OTOH at least it ended with a bang and finally closed the gap between MGS3 and the original Metal Gear.

The multiplayer stuff is obnoxious, since Metal Gear has always been the series I think of when someone says "single-player." At least it's optional; I only did the online stuff when absolutely forced, and wasn't locked out of any single-player content for it. I'm curious how the story will be affected when the servers are inevitably shut down.

As for the story, well, it's a Metal Gear Solid plot; you probably already know if you like it or not. Personally, I really enjoyed it. I was glad to realize that cassette tapes fill the role of long-winded Codec calls, a tradition that fell by the wayside in MGS3 and never recovered. It has the typical prequel problem where a LOT of stuff happens that you think would be mentioned by games later in the chronology, but is never brought up again.

Spoiler: Spoiler territory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 04:09:34 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 10, 2020, 09:19:53 am »

the emails just arrived yesterday and i downloaded the mods i wanted, then had to download more stuff just to be able to run/install them properly (seriously? modding Skyrim is easier than this shit).

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 10, 2020, 09:27:48 am »

Yeah, Moddb is where I've prowled the last few years, though I've taken a step back from modding. There are still a handful of games which have their presence almost entirely on Nexus.

Itisnotlogical, a criticism I heard before I played and agree with was that since the conversations are so spread out, it's constantly jarring that the wrong voice comes out. In spoiler territory, I totally agree with your first statement, real missed opportunity. Who knows, that might have been the plan but cut because Kojima was walking out the door before the game was half finished.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 15, 2020, 09:21:50 pm »

Bard's Tale Trilogy: Remastered is on GamePass. The Bard's Tale has aged poorly, even compared to its contemporaries. The 3D view is nice I guess, but all the portraits and such look like the original game was put through a 6000x smoothing filter; it's "faithful" but still pretty damn ugly.

Maybe I'd appreciate it more if I liked The Bard's Tale to begin with, but I don't.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 15, 2020, 10:25:39 pm »

Bard's Tale Trilogy: Remastered is on GamePass. The Bard's Tale has aged poorly, even compared to its contemporaries. The 3D view is nice I guess, but all the portraits and such look like the original game was put through a 6000x smoothing filter; it's "faithful" but still pretty damn ugly.

Maybe I'd appreciate it more if I liked The Bard's Tale to begin with, but I don't.

You killed 3 rats, gained a level, and don't get anything for it for another 76 hours while you scrape up the gold to pay for training, and that's not good enough for you?

Yeah, Bard's Tale was terrible in multiple ways.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 16, 2020, 11:11:18 am »

One of the oldest dungeon slogs known to man.

I respect Bard's Tale though as a game from an era where your dudes could actually die, and you could recruit new ones.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 101