Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 101

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 188546 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2018, 03:20:44 am »

I enjoyed watching the rabbits slowly run backwards because my machine couldn't run it properly.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2018, 12:07:04 pm »

I enjoyed watching the rabbits slowly run backwards because my machine couldn't run it properly.

the forests a decent game, so i feel for your pc issues. But at the same time, backwards rabbits sounds hilarious.

Edit; still playing the forest.

im focusing on stealth and ive gathered a full set of stealth armor and covered myself in mud. with my upgraded spear in hand, crouching through the underbrush, i can faintly hear "Run through the Jungle" by CCR.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 04:34:09 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2018, 06:11:12 pm »

I'm going back and forth between four games right now.

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
It's one of those alternate history games and looking at the case it looked really neat, but when I played it, it just kind of sucked, the game was really short, all the weapons felt the same, and the AI was fucking stupid, you throw a grenade at them and they say something about it and then just stand on it and there were several places I saw them shooting the ceiling instead of at me. Also the ending kind of sucked and made no sense, why would the Nazi's take over London and then move the stuff to make nuclear bombs to there and put it all under the Tower of London, the whole story was kind of stupid.

Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green
I like this one so far, its your standard zombie game but its been fun so far even if some things feel kind of slow.

Shellshock 2: Blood Trails
This one has also been fun so far, going around killing people and zombies during the Vietnam war, just going to mention that it has noting to do with the first game.

Spyro Enter the Dragonfly
It's kind of like the first three games but different in the fact that it sucks, its laggy, things spaz out every now and then, the controls feel sluggish and every thing feels rushed and poorly made.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2018, 06:45:30 pm »

Make sure to keep an eye out in Land of the Dead for the secret book of kung fu. No, really, there's a hidden book that you can pick up to turn you into a redneck Bruce Lee and enter the dragon on some zed heads.

Speaking of heads, never make the mistake of thinking that the M16 is a machine gun... It isn't. It's a multi-shot high-accuracy sniper rifle. A single round will instantly decapitate a zombie, and with 30 rounds to a clip... Just take your time and aim.

Also, lead pipe is god. Use the pipe's secondary attack to instantly knock down a zombie, then kill them with the second strike. It's pretty crazy.

I watched an LP of Spyro: EtD, and yeah... It's pretty bad. The LP was from the same dude who did the under-a-minute speedrun for EtD, so he knows a thing or two about how broken it is in some spots, and how to make it more broken in others.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2018, 04:45:40 am »

Make sure to keep an eye out in Land of the Dead for the secret book of kung fu.
Aww man, I actually found that thing in the first level and thought it was a little Easter egg decoration type thing and didn't mess with it.

I'll look out for the lead pipe, saw one earlier but ignored it because I had a fire axe.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2018, 05:08:02 am »

Pretty sure the book only works for the level it's found in, but I'm not sure. The demo was only like one level anyways, so couldn't test it out.

Also there are decorative easter egg books lying around, but one of them is real. Don't know if it's on every level or just a few, but it's pretty funny regardless.

Fire axe is nice too, but the problem is that you need to be really good about hitting heads with it, and it's pretty slow (at least the alt attack is, hoo boy). The pipe can hit anywhere to deal its goodness, and the stunning alt attack is actually faster than the normal, non-stunning attack... And deals the same damage.

Balance.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2018, 02:54:59 pm »

I broke down and bought Total War:  Warhammer 2.   Its fun.

Also been playing Destiny 2 that I got from the humble monthly bundle, but I've kinda reached the point where I've done all the singleplayer stuff, and I'm not really interested in the multiplayer strikes and deathmatch so I think I'm pretty much done with it.

I keep getting the craving to play more Dead Cells, but I think I'm going to force myself to wait until its out of early access.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2018, 04:03:15 pm »

As an aside, don't suppose you've played Salt and Sanctuary? I actually ended up buying both it and Dead Cells at the same time, but it's been made clear to me that I'm absolute shite when it comes to Dead Cells and not being one.

They're basically only similar in being skill-based 2D platformer games. And while a multitude of games have received the title "2D Dark Souls", Salt and Sanctuary is legitimately 2D Dark souls. For true.

For as cool as they look, I don't think I'll ever buy the Total War: Warhammer games. That DLC fuckery just struck a little bit too hard, and I'm someone who's still vaguely considering picking up Shadow of War.

Also, still playing SS13. Just got my ass handed to me multiple times by some random greyshit, despite being bartender with that shotty of his. I am the unrobustest. Greyboy ended up collapsing the entire round through sheer dickery, allowing the one antagonist to basically have free reign of the station and its half-dead, severely disoriented survivors.

I mean, it was actually a really impressive degree of greytiding he pulled off, but I'm still salty that I couldn't do anything about him running in and literally stealing the bar out from under me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2018, 04:11:51 pm »

S&S was good. Just coming off of DS2, it was like a Dark Souls come down. I think I beat it in about 14 hours, had some coop fun with a friend. It's a shame nothing else has happened with it since, I think it was a really good title.

As for TWII Warhammer, I think I spent about...$30? on DLC to get most of the races and shiz I wanted. (Which was basically just Chaos and Beastmen.)

If TWII Warhammer is the kind of game you think you can return to year after year, the DLC is an ok buy IMO. If you think you may play it once or twice and are pissed that you have to pony up extra for the races you want to play, then yea, probably stay away.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 04:21:19 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2018, 04:17:30 pm »

I haven't tried S&S yet, but its on my eventual buy list.  I had a lot of fun with Dead Cells(although I don't think it quite fits in as a souls'-like or a metrovania-like), but man the enemies hit ridiculously hard on Game++. 

I haven't bothered with the DLC for Warhammer because I know I'll burn out long before I play all the default races. :D  I'm not much for DLC in any game though.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 04:19:19 pm by Levi »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2018, 04:44:45 pm »

It's not so much the fact that they have DLC or that said DLC is expensive, it has to do with the way they shelled it out for the first game. First they say that unlocking Chaos as a playable faction would be a pre-order exclusive bonus. Which, already, is enough to piss off people looking at an $80 game and caused a bit of a split in the community.

Then the game launched, and the very week after launch they come out and say that you can buy the DLC to unlock Chaos, now suddenly shitting on the people who did shell out a lot of money sight-unseen so they could have the "exclusive" unlock. Didn't help that the original price for the DLC was something like $20 on top of the already hugely expensive title.

But then a little while later, people said "hey, for a Warhammer game, there doesn't seem to be any blood getting spilled", and they got the response that production had been a bit rushed, so it couldn't make 1.0.

And then blood graphics came out... As a $9.99 DLC. At this point people just said "alright, fuck you Mr. Scrooge" and boycotted the game because supporting that kind of behavior is fucking abhorrent. Then beastmen came out as another $20 add-on, but by that time the lines were already drawn.

So you see, it's not about the specific DLCs or however much they may cost, it's about telling the industry that those practices are unacceptable.

(This was all for TW:W1, mind. The second game just gets shit by virtue of association)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2018, 05:26:44 pm »

Your rage sounds well justified.  I can't imagine locking out blood graphics as DLC.  I'm surprised I didn't hear more about it before now.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2018, 05:43:28 pm »

It got review-bombed on Steam as part of a semi-organized boycott campaign. People would buy the game, play long enough to write a review detailing their disgust with the manner in which the publishers had conducted themselves, and then refund the game. Managed to get it down to "mixed" overall rating for a fairly significant amount of time, and still the majority of negative Steam reviews are related to the release DLC scandal, although the overall rating has since gone back up.

There were a couple minor publications that picked up on the story, but it's proving difficult to find any of them nowadays. Also the DLC prices have gone down considerably from what they were on launch, but that's kinda to be expected.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2018, 06:14:51 pm »

I'm having an inordinate amount of fun playing Prime Minister Infinity, a quite realistic Canadian election simulator. I'm a political junkie so I'm part of the very narrow demographic a game like this is meant to appeal to lol

https://270soft.com/commonwealth-election-games/canada-election-game-2015/

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2018, 06:59:11 pm »

To clarify, there was blood and gore in the first game without DLC. But people wanted more. So they sold a Gore DLC so that guys look like they're covered in strawberry jam after 30 seconds of close combat.

TBH after buying the gore DLC I regret it because it's over the top.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 101