Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 101

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 188236 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #720 on: November 16, 2019, 12:27:57 am »

Policenauts is the best game that nobody has ever played. It's a ton of fun, even though the emulator (or possibly the translation patch) is a bit crash-happy. It fixes a lot of the frustrations I had with Snatcher, and is full of world-building goodness and interesting hard sci-fi speculation.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 16, 2019, 02:26:03 am »

I'm in the mood to play Wizardy 7, or Eye of the Beholder.  Fun times.

I have wiz7 basically memorized now... Never really got into Eye of the Beholder...

As regards wiz7, are you gonna go the "gold" route (which runs on windows), or the dos CD version route?   I have fond memories modifying the portrait data for the DOS version.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 16, 2019, 06:33:50 am »

Battle Breakers
Available now on PC through the Epic Store, as well as mobile on Android and iOS with crossplay. Battle Breakers is a freemium hero-collector with tactical combat.

First the combat. You've got the standard elemental RPS counters system, as well as field-element matching, which provide different ways to boost or reduce damage output. Then you have heroes with aoe/single-target dps, quick attacks and heavy attacks, buffs and debuffs, healers and tanks; so all the RPG classic roles. And just a bit of roguelite systems, with randomized dungeons and temporary consumable items found along the way. It's not exactly 4D chess, but I find the tactical use of these various elements to be consistently engaging.

Character progression is well balanced, with a variety of systems used to boost various attributes, and a lengthy treadmill that allows you to see significant advances in your power every time you invest resources in something, but also plenty of strong enemies to challenge that newfound power.

The freemium aspect feels good to me. I can make steady progress without spending money, but if I do decide to invest, the economy packages are very reasonable in the $5-$15 range, which is already more than justified by the hours I've put into this game.

BB is nothing revolutionary, and it's not some big new must-play thing that everyone is going to be talking about. But it's fun and free to try, so give it a shot if you've got some time to kill~

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 17, 2019, 11:43:26 am »

good ol' Dwarf Fortress with a bit of modding. installed the "All Races Playable" mod with a few custom made adjustments and added a Tile Grid tileset to replace the vanilla graphics.

EDIT: tried embarking into a desert with a bunch of Elves, terrible mistake. im currently doing some edits to the Raws to see if i can balance this thing a bit while still keeping it real to the feeling of each faction

UPDATE:

apparently the edits i did were good and the game ran, tried again with an elven settlement on a jungle with an aquifer, could have made some kind of screwpump to help me with this but turns out the Carpenter Workshop doesnt make Enormous Corkscrews (or i didnt find it in the list, something bust be missing?), will probably have to check again next time in a different biome.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 06:29:04 pm by xaritscin »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 19, 2019, 12:03:47 am »

Got sucked into a 4 hour session of Master of Orion 2 last night.

Sleepy now.  Should not have done it.

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 19, 2019, 04:58:36 am »

I've played about 50 hours of Factorio in 4 days.     It's fun, but too easy and predictable.  I wish there were more environmental challenges and more diverse types of enemies.   The game is almost a strategy game/ map-painter/4X but not quite.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 19, 2019, 06:07:47 am »

I'm currently playing Cataclysm DDA, I've got a decent base going in a gas station and a truck to go loot stuff in, but the main problem I'm having currently is periodically my hallucinations punch the gas pumps causing them to explode and burn down my base, now I know its not in the spirit of the game but I've been save scumming that shit because its not supposed to be able to happen.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 19, 2019, 04:46:28 pm »

periodically my hallucinations punch the gas pumps causing them to explode and burn down my base
This is a very Cataclysm-y problem to have, and also hilarious. You have my approval and my sympathy.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 19, 2019, 11:00:51 pm »

Man, that's great... Schizophrenia's always been awesome, but I don't remember seeing stuff like that happening back when I used to play.

Mostly I just fought my own hallucinations in order to train up and become a master of combat.

Is hobo still a starting class?  If so, is it still just as overpowered as before?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 20, 2019, 12:14:41 am »

Just finished Policenauts. It was a good-ass game, although "game" might be stretching it. There's about a dozen shooting sections and a few puzzles. Much like Snatcher, the rest of it is dialogue and clicking on stuff. The world is so fun and the art is so good that it's hard to care, though.

At least it doesn't leave you on a fucking cliffhanger.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 20, 2019, 02:38:49 am »

Is hobo still a starting class?  If so, is it still just as overpowered as before?
Its still a starting profession, but I think they've removed whatever made it overpowered, I don't remember what made it overpowered anymore.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 20, 2019, 03:26:23 am »

Its still a starting profession, but I think they've removed whatever made it overpowered, I don't remember what made it overpowered anymore.
You started off with rags and alcoholism, and in return got 4 points for character creation. Alcoholism was perfectly manageable until you could just go cold turkey and clean your system, so the huge point difference (-4, versus +2 to +8 or so for some of the other professions) was crazy.

And then there was an update that made you start with a big container of fortified wine for immediate alcohol needs (fortified wine was a ridiculously good consumable at that), and a sweet homestitched hobo bag to boot. All for the same -4 points.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 20, 2019, 04:03:20 am »

You started off with rags and alcoholism, and in return got 4 points for character creation. Alcoholism was perfectly manageable until you could just go cold turkey and clean your system, so the huge point difference (-4, versus +2 to +8 or so for some of the other professions) was crazy.

And then there was an update that made you start with a big container of fortified wine for immediate alcohol needs (fortified wine was a ridiculously good consumable at that), and a sweet homestitched hobo bag to boot. All for the same -4 points.
I just looked in my old version and apparently they changed it to -1 point, but you still get the bag and the gallon of wine, and you also get a bottle of gin and whiskey, so it still seems to be good just not as good as it was.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 20, 2019, 12:35:28 pm »

I've been toying quite a bit with Hedgewars recently as it had reached version 1.0 not too long ago, it is still a very good clone of the Worms 2 generation of Worms games(W2, Armageddon, World Party) with those little voices, the explosions, the visuals (out of worms being replaced by hedgehogs) , it's succeeding at delivering a Worms 2 atmosphere.

But the very low point of Hedgewars is that the AI still can only use half of the weapons available in the game, meaning if you play with the most fun schemes/modes that aren't only focusing on the "default" weapons (that the AI can use), most of the time the AI will skip its turn when one of the fun weapons comes in.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 20, 2019, 07:52:23 pm »

After constant skepticism and dismissal of the tower defense genre as low-effort Flash portal garbage, I tried one recently and got hooked. It's called Kingdom Rush, available both as browser and phone app versions.

It's fun and addictive, although the missions tend to get samey once you see all the towers and unit types the game has to offer. There's a handful of dominant strategies with regard to tower placement and upgrade paths, and the rest is just timing your abilities and trying not to misclick. It's fun enough that I paid for the sequel, using credit from Google Opinion Rewards.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 101